Top Cut Lawn Care??

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Top Cut Lawn Care??

Has anyone ever heard of or had any expereince with Top Cut Lawn care? They have been supplying service to the home we just purchased. They have no reviews good, bad or indifferent on Angie's List, and nobody I know in TV has ever heard of them. Any info would be helpful.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
Has anyone ever heard of or had any expereince with Top Cut Lawn care? They have been supplying service to the home we just purchased. They have no reviews good, bad or indifferent on Angie's List, and nobody I know in TV has ever heard of them. Any info would be helpful.
Best thing would be to wait a month or two, and then you can decide for yourself!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Veteran member

Except..We're not going to be there full time until January. They want us to sign a non-cancellable 12 month contract NOW essentially sight-unseen. A contract that my father-in-law says is priced way too high with too little service for the money.

My father-in-law will take care of the lawn until we arrive, but I really don't want him to do put in the extra work, although he says he'd enjoy it.

My wife's parents who live in Belvedere never heard of the company & none of their friends have either. I couldn't get any definitive comments from the sellers because they are not only getting rid of their home, they're getting rid of their marriage at the same tiime, so communication wasn't great on that side.

My gut feeling is to "just say no", have my FIL take care of things until we arrive and start fresh. But I thought that I'd ask here to see if anybody had any experiences with them first.

Thanks...
Old 11-03-2012, 05:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Except..We're not going to be there full time until January. They want us to sign a non-cancellable 12 month contract NOW essentially sight-unseen. A contract that my father-in-law says is priced way too high with too little service for the money.

My father-in-law will take care of the lawn until we arrive, but I really don't want him to do put in the extra work, although he says he'd enjoy it.

My wife's parents who live in Belvedere never heard of the company & none of their friends have either. I couldn't get any definitive comments from the sellers because they are not only getting rid of their home, they're getting rid of their marriage at the same tiime, so communication wasn't great on that side.

My gut feeling is to "just say no", have my FIL take care of things until we arrive and start fresh. But I thought that I'd ask here to see if anybody had any experiences with them first.

Thanks...
Actually your going into the months, that your lawn will not need much mowing. I think you should go with your gut feeling. Lawns go dorm in winter months, so really doesn't need much maintenance. Good Luck
Old 11-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

You should always check with the BBB, the Florida Div. of Consumer Services, and Seniors Vs Crime for a past history on a company. You can check the BBB at: Check Out a Business or Charity - Central Florida BBB. The Division of Consumer Services at: https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspubli...esssearch.aspx and Seniors Vs Crime by calling 352-753-7775 or 352-689-4600, Extension 4606.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:40 AM

I don't have any contract with my lawn service and they do a good job, friendly, courteous and very economical. Landsculptures Lawn Care...owner is Mike...352-999-1929. He has done my lawn for 2 1/2 years plus will do other landscaping work if needed.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for your various answers. My personal leaning is that I plan to do our yard work until I can't. I'm not going to get involved with the chemicals and such, but I can still wield a lawn mower & garden tractor, so that's always been my inclination. BUT..I didn't want to just leave things unattended over the next few months, and didn't want my father-in-law to assume the burden.

I would have been happy to let the current company take care of business month-by-month until we moved and then reconsider my plans at that point, but when they hit me with a 12 moth contract or no service, I didn't like that.

I also didn't like the fact that I couldn't find out anything about them. Not here on TOTV, and not on Angie's List either.

So we'll bid good-bye to them, have my FIL keep an eye on things, and then when we arrive, I'll pay a visit to Sears and get some lawn toys to play with.

Many thanks..
Old 11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
You should always check with the BBB, the Florida Div. of Consumer Services, and Seniors Vs Crime for a past history on a company. You can check the BBB at: Check Out a Business or Charity - Central Florida BBB. The Division of Consumer Services at: https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspubli...esssearch.aspx and Seniors Vs Crime by calling 352-753-7775 or 352-689-4600, Extension 4606.
bump
Old 11-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcuse View Post
I don't have any contract with my lawn service and they do a good job, friendly, courteous and very economical. Landsculptures Lawn Care...owner is Mike...352-999-1929. He has done my lawn for 2 1/2 years plus will do other landscaping work if needed.
bump
Old 11-04-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
We do our owon lawn care but several of our neighbors have used Top Cut for years with no problems. I think they work alot north of 466.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.