To Tree or not to Tree

Old 02-25-2024, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Sorry, should have been more specific. Drive through "Hillcrest Villas" in Hadley sometime if you don't believe me. Not only has there never been a tree there since the Developer mowed them all down to build houses, there isn't a place where you could plant a tree if you wanted one. It's a beautiful Florida-vacation-looking established neighborhood, with lots of palms and other tropical vegetation. What you won't see are any 20-year-old oak trees in anyone's yard.

In fact, drive through any Southern, recently developed neighborhood. Much of the South side is a completely different environment than the wooded, hilly land on the North. Trees would look weird and probably wouldn't survive because there were none there to begin with. Like I said, there are neighborhoods where you can drive for miles without seeing an oak tree in anyone's yard.

The evidence says you are mistaken. Everyone has asked you to cite your source, and you have refused.

Are we done yet?
The trees are planted, and people remove them. They HAVE to be planted to close the house, I wish the zoning dept would enforce replacement when removed, then I wouldn't have to endure this soapbox
The southern end is doing this more than ever, hence the purpose of this post.

I fished and hunted a lot of this land growing up here, and yea, there were some areas with no trees, we called them pond and lakes... or a field.

Did you replace the canopy tree that you removed from YOUR house? Wasn't one there when you bought it? Then you didn't buy NEW.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Allergies

Am I the only one reading this as, “To pollinate or not to pollinate?”

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 02-25-2024, 01:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
I would like to ask, even though it's not a new house. Thank you for your kind offer.

A couple of years ago, I had a large Washingtonia palm removed from my front yard. It was near the street and surrounded by the driveway (see illustration). I was wondering if there is a small ornamental tree that would be a suitable replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
I like the East Palatka holly, hard to tell the size of the island from here.
. Smaller option, loropetalum allowed to grow into a tree has a fantastic look as well.
As palms go, a Copernicia single , double or triple would be a great choice and out of the box.
Thank you.

Tags
tree, home, choosing, count, wow

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.