tree removal

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Default tree removal

After going thru many of the landscape threads I have not seen any discussion of having trees removed. We want to remove three live oaks that have become a maintenance nightmare. Before going thru the AR process we want to get some estimates but not certain who to contact. Has anyone delt with contractors when having trees removed? We also would need recommendations on what would be the best replacement.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK2187 View Post
After going thru many of the landscape threads I have not seen any discussion of having trees removed. We want to remove three live oaks that have become a maintenance nightmare. Before going thru the AR process we want to get some estimates but not certain who to contact. Has anyone delt with contractors when having trees removed? We also would need recommendations on what would be the best replacement.
Be very careful before removing any trees, especially live oaks, they are protected in the State of Florida. Removal can lead to a hefty fine and you can be made to replace the trees which will cost a small fortune. Call someone in The Villages administrative offices before going ahead with your plan.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Veteran member

I did go through the process with arch. review of trying to get an oak cut down in the front yard. I was not allowed. A arborist visited, took pictures, and reported back to the committee. They would not let me do it since it was healthy and posing no safety hazard.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Location: Whitman, Mass & I also have a house at Country Club Hills in The Villages!!

I also have an oak in my yard!! I have it trimmed all the time!! We would love to have it cut down too!! All of the the guys who do tree removal will tell you they can't!! But you can trim it as much as you want!! Some people trim all the branches off I think it looks ugly to do that!! You will have to suffer with all of us with the mess of those tree's!! Good luck!!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 AM

I like living in the area of the villages where there are trees especially in the summer. If you do get trees trimmed make sure they are insured and you view the certificate.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmen View Post
I like living in the area of the villages where there are trees especially in the summer. If you do get trees trimmed make sure they are insured and you view the certificate.
Or trim them yourself!!!!! LOL
Old 03-11-2012, 05:44 PM

I've used Ace Tree Services for my oak trees. Several people recommended them to me and they did a good job. For the record the state of Florida does not protect oak trees, that's strictly something TV put into the deed restrictions. Live Oaks are dirty trees but my house stays much cooler than my neighbors and they do help keep the electric bills down.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaydam View Post

Be very careful before removing any trees, especially live oaks, they are protected in the State of Florida. Removal can lead to a hefty fine and you can be made to replace the trees which will cost a small fortune. Call someone in The Villages administrative offices before going ahead with your plan.
The Villages is very protective of their live oaks. Good luck in getting the necessary approvals, and please keep us updated on your progress.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.