Tri county landscape

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Default Tri county landscape

Hi all, Have had Tri County Landscape for mowing for almost 2 yrs, since moving into our new home. Let me preface my complaint by saying that they have ALWAYS been very dependable, bill monthly and are reasonably priced. They have treated us more than fairly!! However, in the last two months or so, since they have started subcontracting some of their mowing, we are having the same problems so many complain about. Not dependable on a weekly basis as they used to be and if they don't come in that week, it will be another whole week before they do come while grass continues to grow, grow, grow. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem lately. Hate to change as they have been so dependable until recently and can't beat their price. Thanks!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:43 PM
KittyKat

We haven't been getting ours mowed weekly due to all the rain--really backs them up. If the quality is the problem then you must speak to them about it; otherwise, wait for the rainy season to be over and see how the dependability goes before you change.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 PM

We have been having the same problem lately. Also, received a notice that they will no longer trim any shrubs. They are forcing us to look elsewhere now after using them for a few years. Something has definitely changed.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:46 AM
Sage

Did they lower their price ?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Default Tri County Landscape Issues

To the original poster, yes I have experienced the same problems that you indicated. My yard was mowed only once in the month of July. I have called repeatedly to try and find out when the grass would be cut. The lady in the office is very nice and indicates that she will contact the supervisor. When she contacts him, he indicates that he will take care of the problem. But I, as the customer have not received a return call and my grass has not been cut in that past 3 weeks.

For those new to the villages, there a couple of Tri-County's that are taking care of lawns. The one that I have had issues with is the one that is located in Wildwood.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Sage

Have a different mowing company, but also have not been cut in 2 weeks because of the rain. I understand that, but would think the schedule could be somehow rearranged to accommodate everyone during the past dry days we've had. Sure enough big storm last night and looks like more rain today and I'm scheduled for my normal mowing this pm. Arghhhhhh!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:26 PM

I have also had Tri-County for the past two years and things are definitely going downhill. I've had a lot of landscaping done over the years and spent a lot of money. I called them today requesting an estimate on some additional work and was told they were "way too busy". Not the answer a long-time customer wants to hear. Lawn mowing is also hit-and-miss.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

Perhaps it is indeed time for change...We went through similar happenings until we changed...now..forget about it..no worries and happy happy happy.....give my man Jim a call..no subbing out, just honest and dependable excellent lawn and shrub care.. Jim's lawn and shrub care..
thanks Jim, my yard is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!
give him a call if you need any lawn care or shubbery's tended to!
tell him Barbara sent you!! 352-454-8155
Old 08-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Platinum member

PZJAY - We're having the same problem with Tri-County Landscaping. We've had them for 3 years and they have been superb. Very reliable. Always the same crew, nice guys. Very thorough. I thought we had a nice relationship with them and their company. But, lately (after we just recommended them to 3 new customers), they/re not showing up and not returning calls to find out when they are coming. Last week a different crew showed up and did some of the houses but not all. They even did the yard connected to ours and skipped us. After 3 unreturned calls they showed up after 2wks 1day, and this crew said they would now be our reg crew. They did a good job. Now we wait to see if/when they show up again. When it used to rain you'd move up a day or 2, now it seems if it rains on your day, you are skipped til the next week. That will not be acceptable.
Nancy
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 PM

The big Issue here is that it freaking rains every day! most yards are mowed by a rider and done quick! do you want tracks in your yard? Nope! during the rain season in Florida our lawns grow fast and very wet. Dont blame the lawn service because your grass is a bit to long. You moved here and you just deal with it! I bet the greens you putted on this morning was cut close!!! come on people stop building a tower that will never stand straight! Welcome to the south!!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Default Tri County Landscapes Wildwood

We just received a bill from them and their address has changed. Call today because I wanted to talk to someone and got an answering machine. I've gone and visited Tri County twice in the past and they always had two girls answering the phone. Maybe someone should visit them and find out what is going on. Maybe they sold the business or death in the family. I plan to visit their new mailing address in September but until then I'm stuck in VA.
Something has happened because they were dependable! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:52 AM
Default Hi ip pzjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzjay View Post
Hi all, Have had Tri County Landscape for mowing for almost 2 yrs, since moving into our new home. Let me preface my complaint by saying that they have ALWAYS been very dependable, bill monthly and are reasonably priced. They have treated us more than fairly!! However, in the last two months or so, since they have started subcontracting some of their mowing, we are having the same problems so many complain about. Not dependable on a weekly basis as they used to be and if they don't come in that week, it will be another whole week before they do come while grass continues to grow, grow, grow. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem lately. Hate to change as they have been so dependable until recently and can't beat their price. Thanks!!!
We also used Tri county for 18 months. We downsized to a villa. I recently called them for a price and asked if their foreman Noah, who did a great job at our old house, would also be the foreman on our new house.... They said he no longer worked there.... After reading your post now I wonder if something is going on with Tri county... Did you hire another contractor. How's BP
Old 08-13-2013, 08:24 AM

I have used Landsculptures Lawn care for 3 years with excellent service. They have their schedules set so that if they get too much rain they figure out how to start earlier or mow evenings or Saturday. They have NEVER missed a weekly mowing because of rain so I don't buy that excuse from anyone. And the quality has not deteriorated because of wet grass. Mike runs a great operation and is very courteous and responsive.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Tickled_pink

We have recently been having issues with Tri County of Wildwood as well and it's not rain related. We've called and voiced our concerns but it's like talking to a wall. We're looking for a new mowing service that push mows with a month to month contract. Any suggestions?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Default Yard Issues

To All Tri County Landscape Customers,
I am very sorry for all the issues everyone has been having. Please allow me the chance to explain. We are still in business and growing everyday. We had to relocate our office very quickly at the beginning of July because our other location we leased was taken away without notice. Once we moved into our new office we were without phone and internet service for 9 days so it made matters even worse. I also give all employees off for the 4th of July every year for 4 days since we do not take any other holidays besides Christmas and Thanksgiving. We have also been implementing new technology for all of mowing crews to make them more efficient and reliable. When you combine all that was going on along with the rain everyday it let our service slip below our normal standards and upset quite a few customers. Everything should be back to normal very shortly. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and would like to say THANK YOU to all the customers that have stuck with us thru this very tough time.

Thank You,
Todd Coon V.P.
Tri County Landscape
8820 N US HWY 301
Wildwood, FL 34785
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.