Tri County Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Sage
Default Tri County Landscaping

I don't know how many posts have been done on Tri County but all I can say is : I would never use anyone else. They don't put a lot of signs around because they don't need to. Their work speaks for itself.

The experience: Tri County does the landscape for three of the builders in addition to having tons of outside work so they have a good grasp of what is going to grow and what is problematic. I met with Scott Kerner, one of the principals, several tiimes over the last eight months trying to figure out what it was we actually wanted to do. He patiently helped sort through options and pros and cons while I waffled back and forth.

We wanted:
No fuss: Accomplished.
Color: Accomplished.
Great smelling: Accomplished.
Strong Design: Accomplished. Simple, easy to care for, not overdone but looks well thought out with beautiful composition and correlation of plants but not so symmetrical that it is boring.

There was an area that was a significant challenge because you would see it from a 360 degree view. Consequently, it had to look great from every angle and not conflict or diappear with what was behind it. After the majority of the work was done by four very polite, fast, and neat workers, Scott waited until the specimen plant went in and then stood there reconfiguring surrounding plants to figure out how to best handle it walking around and around, calling for other plants to come, moving what was there around, etc, It wasn't done until it was done right. It looks "amazing"..so I have been told.

He will return in beginning of April to clip here and there, add a little fertilizer and make sure they are all ready to take off for growth.

Oh yes, the price: I have quasi comparisons from five other landscapers... TriCounty beats them all.

Can you tell I am happy?

You can reach them at 399-2647 Ask for Scott.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Sage

they did our 100 + foot French Drain under warranty, they were very professional.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Sage

I know. Most people on this site don't think of Tri County because so many others put their signs out front. But they do a great job with little fanfare and for sure you don't have to worry that they will leave you in a lurch.
I just wasn't expecting such creative design but was very pleasantly surprised.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Default Tri-County Landscaping

They cut our grass and do the edging too. They are great workers! They replaced someone who only showed up whenever he felt like it. We are very happy with their work.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
I know. Most people on this site don't think of Tri County because so many others put their signs out front. But they do a great job with little fanfare and for sure you don't have to worry that they will leave you in a lurch.
I just wasn't expecting such creative design but was very pleasantly surprised.
Would love to see pictures!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Platinum member

I have used TRi County since I move to TV in 2010. After giving such a great lawn service half the neighborhood has also used them for both lawn and extensive landscaping. Great company. Noah - the guy who does my lawn goes the extra mile and never leave you unhappy. From what I was told is, because Tri County does exclusive work for The Villages they can not solicit work from neighborhood residents, BUT if you ask them to do so they will. Not sure if what I heard is true but it doesn't matter. A first class company and worth using.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:58 AM

They are absolutely fantastic!! I wish I had used them for landscaping. They installed our sprinkler system and have been at our house several times 'undoing' and fixing the mess the landscaper we hired made of the sprinkler system. Austin is great!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

Tri-County did our landscaping as well and we couldn't be happier. They also guarantee the palms, which is great because one of ours isn't doing very well. Scott is giving it a chance to make it but if not, he will replace the tree.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
I don't know how many posts have been done on Tri County but all I can say is : I would never use anyone else. They don't put a lot of signs around because they don't need to. Their work speaks for itself.

The experience: Tri County does the landscape for three of the builders in addition to having tons of outside work so they have a good grasp of what is going to grow and what is problematic. I met with Scott Kerner, one of the principals, several tiimes over the last eight months trying to figure out what it was we actually wanted to do. He patiently helped sort through options and pros and cons while I waffled back and forth.

We wanted:
No fuss: Accomplished.
Color: Accomplished.
Great smelling: Accomplished.
Strong Design: Accomplished. Simple, easy to care for, not overdone but looks well thought out with beautiful composition and correlation of plants but not so symmetrical that it is boring.

There was an area that was a significant challenge because you would see it from a 360 degree view. Consequently, it had to look great from every angle and not conflict or diappear with what was behind it. After the majority of the work was done by four very polite, fast, and neat workers, Scott waited until the specimen plant went in and then stood there reconfiguring surrounding plants to figure out how to best handle it walking around and around, calling for other plants to come, moving what was there around, etc, It wasn't done until it was done right. It looks "amazing"..so I have been told.

He will return in beginning of April to clip here and there, add a little fertilizer and make sure they are all ready to take off for growth.

Oh yes, the price: I have quasi comparisons from five other landscapers... TriCounty beats them all.

Can you tell I am happy?

You can reach them at 399-2647 Ask for Scott.
Great recommendation! I haven't seen you post pictures in the past... If you need help, I will be happy to assist!

Can't wait to see it!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Veteran member

Yes pictures, please. Show us what you got!

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 03-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
They are absolutely fantastic!! I wish I had used them for landscaping. They installed our sprinkler system and have been at our house several times 'undoing' and fixing the mess the landscaper we hired made of the sprinkler system. Austin is great!
I'm happy you found someone to fix your mess...you'll recall we both used the same landscaper the first time. I learned my lesson...I'm stuck with dead plants and saving up to have it repaired. Glad that Tri-county worked out for you.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 PM

I am probably going to need a french drain as well. Can you give me a ball park estimate of what it cost you? Thanks
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Sage

On a new house if you present this problem correctly it will be no cost.

But a resale or if you don't ask the right way and R denied, $3-4,000.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 AM

What would the "right way" sound like. I am in a resale. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Sage

then you're out of warrentee, no right way applies.

You have to pay I guess

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.