Trimming Sylvester Palms

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2023, 07:23 AM
Default Trimming Sylvester Palms

I have twin Sylvester Palms and looking for a recommendation to have them trimmed and shaped. Thanks
Old 10-06-2023, 10:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynforpar View Post
I have twin Sylvester Palms and looking for a recommendation to have them trimmed and shaped. Thanks
Tree Frog. Owner is Kanani Morris. He is the best. Not the cheapest, but the best. Licensed Arborist.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:11 AM

Call or text Tracy 352-913-5103 had him diamond cut my Sylvester and removed2 queen palms and trimmed pineapple palm. Can honestly say his work looks the best from any I’ve seen in the villages . Fair price and highly highly recommend.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:25 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Tree Frog. Owner is Kanani Morris. He is the best. Not the cheapest, but the best. Licensed Arborist.
Have not used, but have seen their work.................Will use in the future.
Old 10-31-2023, 08:57 AM
Gold member

Make sure they santize their cutting tools before they begin their trimming. Lethal Bronzing disease (Google it) is all over Florida. This disease wants it hits your palm will kill it in less then two months.
Old 10-31-2023, 02:30 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,049 Times in 538 Posts
Default Not much work

Those aren’t too much work because they grow so slow. Tree health depends on ample space from other vegetation to permit root development. Just fertilize them regularly if your soil is sandy.

That said, if you decide to trim them yourself, remember there is a danger of getting jabbed by thorns. The base of the fronds carry some hefty spikes you will want to avoid and never cut off healthy branches. Branches that still have green contribute to the plants photosynthesis cycle. Bolt cutter type trimmers or a tree branch saw work great for DIY people for removing branches. The hair is easy to remove with just a box cutter.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Closed Thread

Tags
sylvester, palms, trimming, twin, recommendation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.