village landscaper question

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Default village landscaper question

recently a landscaping contractor working on a house near mine was removing bushes and grass to a trailer parked adjacent to my yard. After about eight hours I noticed the dirt and particles coming through the contractors open trailer grate onto the street. When they were almost done I respectfully asked them to make sure they swept the street under their trailer after they moved it and prior to leaving. They said no problem... Later I heard them out on the street with a blower blowing an 8ft by 8ft by 1/2 inch thick area of their debris onto my lawn. Ya I freaked out and they offered to rake my lawn. This stuff was no longer rackable and was blown twenty feet over my lawn. I told them while swearing there is no point in racking. I called the owner of their company to complain. He came by a few days later and told me that is what they do. Blow any dirt into any neighbors yard. I was a contractor we never treated customers or customer's neighbors this way.. So my question is, is this how village landscapers clean up there mess?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3puttharry View Post
recently a landscaping contractor working on a house near mine was removing bushes and grass to a trailer parked adjacent to my yard. After about eight hours I noticed the dirt and particles coming through the contractors open trailer grate onto the street. When they were almost done I respectfully asked them to make sure they swept the street under their trailer after they moved it and prior to leaving. They said no problem... Later I heard them out on the street with a blower blowing an 8ft by 8ft by 1/2 inch thick area of their debris onto my lawn. Ya I freaked out and they offered to rake my lawn. This stuff was no longer rackable and was blown twenty feet over my lawn. I told them while swearing there is no point in racking. I called the owner of their company to complain. He came by a few days later and told me that is what they do. Blow any dirt into any neighbors yard. I was a contractor we never treated customers or customer's neighbors this way.. So my question is, is this how village landscapers clean up there mess?
Sorry that this happened to you. Not any of the work crews that I have had do work at my place, and that includes pool builder, landscaper and several different lawn maintenance crews. They either shoveled excessive dirt or debris into their trucks or blown minor residuals onto my lawn, and not my neighbors. I didn't mind that because is was a minor amount of dirt or debris and would not affect my lawn.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.