Village Palm stinks

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2015, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac321 View Post
We've used Village Palm a few times and have spent about $12000 with them. We have a smaller (not small)job for them to do. We have described to them what we want and they say they would look into it. We have called and left several messages for Jodi for weeks and have never got a reply. Apparently spending $12000 is not enough money to at least get a return call EVEN IF IT'S NOTHING MORE THAN THEY DON'T WANT THE WORK. DO NOT USE VILLAGE PALM.
OP, did you try a call back? This could be as simple as the phone number was misunderstood or transcribed wrong. I cannot tell you the number of times someone has called us, and rattled off their phone number so fast that I had to replay the message 3-4 times to get it, or did not include the area code (cell phone), or talked so softly the message and phone number were unintelligible. In any case I was not able to return the call.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:08 AM
Eternal Member

One of my pet peeves on here.... The OP makes a derogatory remark about someone and then never comes back on to tell anyone the results or sometimes, not even tell the whole story. In the meantime, the rest of us rack up about 10 pages speculating and offering all kinds of help to rectify the situation.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Lots of attacks toward the OP. Many need to reread the OP comment. Customer spent $12K with this company. Customer discussed smaller job with company. Company said they would think about it. Company never got back with customer. Customer left SEVERAL messages for Jodi. Jodi never contacted the customer. Company rep complains about customer. How about the company rep talk to Jodi and find out who the customer is and look in the $12K job file for this customer's number and call this customer?
Old 10-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, did you try a call back? This could be as simple as the phone number was misunderstood or transcribed wrong. I cannot tell you the number of times someone has called us, and rattled off their phone number so fast that I had to replay the message 3-4 times to get it, or did not include the area code (cell phone), or talked so softly the message and phone number were unintelligible. In any case I was not able to return the call.
OP says they called SEVERAL times.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I'm not assuming anything other than a representative of the company not offering to call the OP immediately, but instead telling the OP to drive over to her/his store to settle things. Based on that alone, I would not do business with that company.

You assumed that what the OP said about not getting a call back was accurate. What if the OP doesn't have voicemail or gave his/her number off by one digit, or the person taking the message incorrectly wrote down the OP's number. These things have all happened to me at one time or another but I don't recall going off on a rant over it.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
You assumed that what the OP said about not getting a call back was accurate. What if the OP doesn't have voicemail or gave his/her number off by one digit, or the person taking the message incorrectly wrote down the OP's number. These things have all happened to me at one time or another but I don't recall going off on a rant over it.
What if..... the company rep was still unprofessional. Unless this company is completely screwed up, they have a file on this person, and Jodi most likely knows who this is. How about the rep say "I'm terribly sorry for the confusion, and I will get with Jodi this morning and straighten this out."
Old 10-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Sage

Maybe they charge so many $12,000 they can't figure it out.

A responsible biz would look in their files under "Tamarind Grove" like it says in OP post

The Villages Florida

Last edited by jimbo2012; 10-13-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Platinum member
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
One of my pet peeves on here.... The OP makes a derogatory remark about someone and then never comes back on to tell anyone the results or sometimes, not even tell the whole story. In the meantime, the rest of us rack up about 10 pages speculating and offering all kinds of help to rectify the situation.
I agree with you. Come back on and let us know. If it is resolved the thread can be closed.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:24 AM
Sage

Post deleted. No need to add my two cents worth.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-13-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Me thinks Village Palm opened up a can of worms. [emoji218]
Old 10-13-2015, 01:49 PM

I am not just a representative for the company, Village Palms, I am the owner. When I see a problem I try to fix it, evidently it was the wrong way to go about it. We will except all blame for not getting back to the customer. We apologize for taking a week and a half, I know there was confusion and phone messages in that time, but the final amount was not given until yesterday. I had no knowledge of your last name until this afternoon.
Your request is not something we typically do, so special attention has to be done for pricing the work. Our work crews are landscapers, they are and should always act professional. They are not allowed to play music, smoke on peoples property, or go shirtless. If our price is more than you budgeted, a lawn care company can do it for less. It is not that we don't want the work, but, we must charge for our time.
Jodi told you that you do not need to remove your mulch to put down Preene. I stand behind her advise, to remove the mulch and put down Preen, and then replace the mulch is overkill.
I have called you and left a message, and left my number here on Talk of the Villages.
I/we are sorry for any and all problems and take full responsibility, I'm looking for what you would like us to do.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Sage

If you had taken the time to figure out who your customer was several hours ago you could have avoided all the bad PR.

What will that cost in future biz & good will? hard to say.

I think you have now put the issue to rest.

How much would a good phone system cost in your office compared to over 800 people reading this thread about your customer service.

Mngirl,

Also why don't you use your name when you post?
Old 10-13-2015, 03:11 PM
Callaway Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl View Post
I am not just a representative for the company, Village Palms, I am the owner. When I see a problem I try to fix it, evidently it was the wrong way to go about it. We will except all blame for not getting back to the customer. We apologize for taking a week and a half, I know there was confusion and phone messages in that time, but the final amount was not given until yesterday. I had no knowledge of your last name until this afternoon.
Your request is not something we typically do, so special attention has to be done for pricing the work. Our work crews are landscapers, they are and should always act professional. They are not allowed to play music, smoke on peoples property, or go shirtless. If our price is more than you budgeted, a lawn care company can do it for less. It is not that we don't want the work, but, we must charge for our time.
Jodi told you that you do not need to remove your mulch to put down Preene. I stand behind her advise, to remove the mulch and put down Preen, and then replace the mulch is overkill.
I have called you and left a message, and left my number here on Talk of the Villages.
I/we are sorry for any and all problems and take full responsibility, I'm looking for what you would like us to do.
And there you are - the story behind the bashing; all because of the removal of mulch and preening. Something they don't even do. Why didn't you call your lawn care company, OP? Because they wanted to charge you too much?!?!?!?! Unbelievable, some people.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:39 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl View Post

Old 10-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway Guy View Post
And there you are - the story behind the bashing; all because of the removal of mulch and preening. Something they don't even do. Why didn't you call your lawn care company, OP? Because they wanted to charge you too much?!?!?!?! Unbelievable, some people.
I agree. All that bashing from people that didn't have a clue.

Tags
village, palm, $12000, money, reply, apparently, spending, work, call, return, smaller, smalljob, spent, times, stinks, left, messages, jodi, called, weeks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.