We love what Mansfield Landscaping did for us!

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Default We love what Mansfield Landscaping did for us!

"We love what Mansfield Landscaping did for us! We have a small backyard, but they did a fabulous job turning it into a paradise! We love the palm trees and flowering bushes. It shades our lanai and gives us lots of privacy. Thanks Ron and team. We highly recommend them."
Jane and Tom Clark

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

http://mansfieldlandscapingllc.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mansf...67792989904604
Old 08-27-2013, 06:06 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield Landscaping View Post
"We love what Mansfield Landscaping did for us! We have a small backyard, but they did a fabulous job turning it into a paradise! We love the palm trees and flowering bushes. It shades our lanai and gives us lots of privacy. Thanks Ron and team. We highly recommend them."
Jane and Tom Clark

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
And the price was?????
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
And the price was?????

I don't blame you for asking.... It's beautiful... isn't it?

Why don't you call Steve or Ron at Mansfield Landscaping and get a quote for your landscaping? Steve does exquisite work....
Old 08-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I don't blame you for asking.... It's beautiful... isn't it?

Why don't you call Steve or Ron at Mansfield Landscaping and get a quote for your landscaping? Steve does exquisite work....
Actually wanted a price on the picture provided. This way, WE can ALL have a better understanding of prices here in The Villages. An ABOUT figure would be nice.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaLarry View Post
Actually wanted a price on the picture provided. This way, WE can ALL have a better understanding of prices here in The Villages. An ABOUT figure would be nice.
Whatever the price was, it was within their budget. What if it was $5000, would you gripe about how expensive Mansfield is??? or how unfair he is?? Why not just say, its nice, enjoy it..... As Angie says, call Steve, give him your budget and tell him what you want and see if it is within what you can spend. That's how I work with Steve and have never been disappointed.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

C'est combien?

I learned last night what one person paid for a Sylvester palm ($5000) and what someone else paid for a Sylvester palm ($1200)...I am shopping for a range. AND I do NOT want a yapping sales pitch. I want a picture and a price. That doesn't seem hard. Some people enjoy sales presentations. I don't.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that to me, that some of the landscaping that was removed and replaced by a host of different landscapers looks worse than the original. Iddy biddy little plants, no color repeats, poor placing and balance, miles of curbing. The prettiest landscaping I have seen is along our roadways inside of TV. Once in awhile I will see a back yard or a front yard that is JUST beautiful.

Everyone has their own opinions and their own sense of what is beautiful. Show me a picture. Tell me how much It costs.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-27-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
C'est combien?

I learned last night what one person paid for a Sylvester palm ($5000) and what someone else paid for a Sylvester palm ($1200)...I am shopping for a range.
Looks to me like you got your range....

When you are ready to landscape your yard, call the landscapers and get quotes. Tell them up front you don't want them to talk to you... you want prices and I'm sure they will accommodate you.

Or..... you can go to some of the local nurseries and look around. I think the trees are generally marked... If they aren't, just let them know you want a price and nothing else....

Mansfield has a nursery.... I know for a fact that if you go there there is a young man who will answer your questions, but for the most part, you can just look around. Why don't you go check it out.

I absolutely agree with you.... What one person likes another person may not. We are all different.... I certainly wouldn't want every yard to look the same. I love diversity!

We all have different tastes! We all like different things. I LOVE this look... I can picture myself sitting on my lanai looking out at this.... Particularly if you have a back door neighbor.

Lovely landscaping...

As to the plants people pick, Gracie, you and I are very aware the plants grow fast here.... what they plant here today can be very large in a year! And, I certainly wouldn't make a judgement on another person's taste.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

Actually, that is how WE started shopping. We began with wanting a palm tree ONLY.
I knew nothing about palms when we first moved here- just that I admired them and I wanted good info before investing.

Our first step was to visit nurseries that offered a large selection. We picked a few out and asked for pricing on those specific specimens.
Every nursery we visited (we picked five) addressed exactly what we asked- including Mansfield.

We got no hard sell from any of the nurseries. All we spoke to were helpful and friendly and all the nurseries were very well kept.

I found them all very comparable in product price (apples to apples) delivery and installation, but we DID discover that the guarantee/warrantee varied a bit from nursery to nursery.

In the end, we chose a palm from Village Palms- we liked the guarantee they offered and they happened to have the particular specimen that we liked the best.

I was so impressed with their service in delivery, the manner of the guys working to install and the care they took - plus the detailed instruction care sheet they left for me, that when we were ready to complete our landscaping, we visited a list of some of their other customer jobs, and chose to hire them again, rather than shopping around.

Did we get the cheapest price? Probably not. Did we get thorough care, knowledgeable design, excellent quality of plants and impeccable installation?
You betcha. THAT's what we paid for.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
C'est combien?

I learned last night what one person paid for a Sylvester palm ($5000) and what someone else paid for a Sylvester palm ($1200)...I am shopping for a range. AND I do NOT want a yapping sales pitch. I want a picture and a price. That doesn't seem hard. Some people enjoy sales presentations. I don't.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that to me, that some of the landscaping that was removed and replaced by a host of different landscapers looks worse than the original. Iddy biddy little plants, no color repeats, poor placing and balance, miles of curbing. The prettiest landscaping I have seen is along our roadways inside of TV. Once in awhile I will see a back yard or a front yard that is JUST beautiful.

Everyone has their own opinions and their own sense of what is beautiful. Show me a picture. Tell me how much It costs.
:
Old 08-28-2013, 04:33 AM

I'm sorry, but since the original post was done by the vendor rather than the customer, it seems a little odd to me. But I love the look! So, this is nothing but an ad (IMHO).
Old 08-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt and Gail View Post
I'm sorry, but since the original post was done by the vendor rather than the customer, it seems a little odd to me. But I love the look! So, this is nothing but an ad (IMHO).
That's correct.

Let me see if I have this straight: "hello Mr. car salesman - you have some lovely auto's here - I have $35K to spend - set me up with whatever you think would be great for me - no I don't need to see it before we agree to the deal".

Sorry I don't make deals that way.

I was given a complete layout of my yard with every plant and every size plant that would be placed with an exact finished price. I then shopped that to others and went with the original person. The only one who didn't want to work that way was Mansfield. Some may like that approach - I don't.

Why would you post as if someone else did the post?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:09 AM
Platinum member

Agree. What would this Board be if every business in TV did this?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

They are a SPONSOR. They pay to post ads. Without paying sponsors marketing their goods and services, who is going to pay for the bandwidth/server space for all the dog poop threads. No sponsors = no TOTV

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 08-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
That's correct.

Let me see if I have this straight: "hello Mr. car salesman - you have some lovely auto's here - I have $35K to spend - set me up with whatever you think would be great for me - no I don't need to see it before we agree to the deal".

Sorry I don't make deals that way.

I was given a complete layout of my yard with every plant and every size plant that would be placed with an exact finished price. I then shopped that to others and went with the original person. The only one who didn't want to work that way was Mansfield. Some may like that approach - I don't.

I agree. I think you caught on to something Russ.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post

A while ago there was several first time posters doing these endorsements and they were questioned on all these first timers posting.

So now they do it this way?

IMO it would be better with pics only and no 3rd party message of the owner.

As a sponsor he is very entitled to post ads.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.