Weed Busters Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Default Weed Busters Landscaping

I guess everyone has a stupid moment and I have had mine! Knowing better, I gave Kyle Henderson (or maybe Kyle Jones) and his alledged brother Kevin Meehan a substantial amount of money to purchase the St. Augustine grass to replace my lawn. Supposedly, their company is "Weed Busters Landscaping". That was March 23rd.

It is now May 3rd and no work has been done even though I have contacted them a number of times (as late as today) but after promising to "be there in 20 minutes", they never show up. This morning I conversed with Citizens VS. Crime and with the Sheriff's department in Marion county. I was informed there are about 20 other Villagers who have reported problems to Citizens VS. Crime in Sumpter and Marion county with these rascals. To date no criminal investigation has been initiated by the Sheriff's department. Apparently, this will not happen until it is felt the nefarious activity is serious enough. We need to help law enforcement by acquiring more information like the perpetrator's truck type, tag number, home of record, etc. I have all the telephone/name information on their so-called business card. I want to know if they have a valid business license for the service they provide. I want to know if the IRS is interested in the fact that they wanted the check made out to their name and not company name - there's your sign!

I want my money back. I also want these characters to face justice just like old UBL did recently. I am pursuing this assertively and hope that other victims will assist me by providing any information you have on these two so that I can provide this to the appropriate officals and perhaps get us some justice. I am standing by for additional information. Please help me do this with any additional information you might be able to provide. PM me if you want to remain anonymous to the public.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Apparently you missed the article in the April issue of the Village Homeowners Association newsletter, The Villages Voice. It covered exactly this subject and told you how to avoid problems. A direct link to the article is:
http://www.thevha.net/the-villages-v...29&article=653
if you want to go back and review it.

As for the IRS, think about this. They can't get a major oil company making billions to pay ANY taxes. Will they really be interested in and aggressively putsue a "mom 'n pop" lawn care operation that got maybe a few thousand dollars last year without paying taxes?

If law enforcement is not interested (and sometimes their hands are tied if it is a civil dispute or a contract issue) then maybe you ought to consider small claims court. It sounds like you have all the info necessary to file a case.

Good luck. I hate to see the "bad guys" get away with anything. Also happy to see another "Blue Collar Comedy" fan around - here's your sign. I love those guys!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

When u do get the problem resolved with these rascals, I might suggest you contact Massey with respect to sodding ur lawn. I just had them do mine and they did a fantastic job. The laying of my sod was delayed one week because the original batch of sod delivered to them was not up to Massey's standards and they refused the whole load. Can't get any better than that. They are really a first class outfit. If u want to see my lawn, send me a note.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

Good luck with the police. They are more interested in 22 MPH golf carts and the fines that brings in! They will also claim your problem is "civil" and not their problem. Small claims court is probably a waste of time because you still have to try collect your judgement - - back to square one!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:28 PM

Did you ever get resolution? These guys are still around. I just talked to them. Gave me a great price on some landscaping as Henderson Landscaping! Sounded too good to be right so I checked Talk of The Villages. Great we have this communication.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Never give money upfront!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.