Weeds from mowers

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Default Weeds from mowers

I have my lawn cut by a company that uses the rider mowers and throws all the clippings into our flower beds. Will this cause more weeds to sprout? I am thinking about changing to a push mower company. Has anyone tried one of them? Also the clippings don't add any curb appeal on top of our mulch!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny46 View Post
I have my lawn cut by a company that uses the rider mowers and throws all the clippings into our flower beds. Will this cause more weeds to sprout? I am thinking about changing to a push mower company. Has anyone tried one of them? Also the clippings don't add any curb appeal on top of our mulch!
Far from an expert, but if someone cutting my lawn directed the discharge grass into my flower beds, I would not be happy. I've found that I use my mower as a mulcher, and the clippings seem to disappear. Grass decomposes very quickly, and the clippings contain useful nutrients. I guess some will argue that too much causes thatch, but I've never had that problem. BUT I AM NOT AN EXPERT....CAN ONLY RELAY MY EXPERIENCE.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Sage

Not only weeds but diseases from other lawns.

Best practice is to have your own mower and have them use it
Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny46 View Post
This won't cause weeds unless they are mowing weeds in the yard to start with and then unlikely with regular mowing as there are no seed but it would be unsightly.

Keith Dasher will push mow your yard if you choose. 353-303-1526. Riders are especially rough on the grass if the turns are zero degree turns.
Don't know of any that collect the clippings but there may be some. Disease can be carried from yard to yard on the mowers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.