Zoysa with Crabgrass. Can the Crabgrass be eliminated?

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2023, 07:47 AM
Default Zoysa with Crabgrass. Can the Crabgrass be eliminated?

I have the Villages Zoysa and I have visible crabgrass in several areas of a large yard. In talking with the pro's at ACE since it is established, meaning you can see the crabgrass, the one way to eliminate is to use round-up to kill then remove and replace the sod. That would be a large task. The other contributor is that I have a service cut my lawn so even if I were to kill and remove/replace, the outside service would probably bring it back in. Does anyone have any other method that has been successful? Thank you in advance.
Old 05-26-2023, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

One option….
https://www.ehow.com/how_6064155_kil...ysia-lawn.html
Old 05-26-2023, 08:54 AM

Drive XLR8 will control it with an 80/20 surfactant. This will also do a good job on broadleaf weed.
Old 05-31-2023, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Farmer View Post
Drive XLR8 will control it with an 80/20 surfactant. This will also do a good job on broadleaf weed.
Thank you!
Old 07-31-2023, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
I have the Villages Zoysa and I have visible crabgrass in several areas of a large yard. In talking with the pro's at ACE since it is established, meaning you can see the crabgrass, the one way to eliminate is to use round-up to kill then remove and replace the sod. That would be a large task. The other contributor is that I have a service cut my lawn so even if I were to kill and remove/replace, the outside service would probably bring it back in. Does anyone have any other method that has been successful? Thank you in advance.
Crabgrass is an annual-it replants itself with seeds. We all have millions of seeds in our soil. Traditional chemical method to control is crabgrass preventor-it kills the seeds as they germinate. Timing is critical. There are many tools that can be used to pull the crabgrass plants. I have a long-handled one that is long nails that you drive into the soil around the crabgrass plant. the nails come together as you pull out the tool and it pulls out the crabgrass plant. You toss the weeds into a bucket trying not to drop the seeds. Actually fast, you don't need to brake your back and it works on many other weeds as well. .
Closed Thread

Tags
crabgrass, kill, service, zoysa, large

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.