Zoysia Fall Maintenance Video

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,374 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Zoysia Fall Maintenance Video

This site has a lot of information regarding Empire Zoysia grass. They provide video's thru-out the year on how to care for this type of sod. This is the fall video.
Sod Solutions - News
Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=Bogie Shooter;558147]This site has a lot of information regarding Empire Zoysia grass. They provide video's thru-out the year on how to care for this type of sod. This is the fall video.

We got a mailing from our pest control people about overseeding? Seeding with rye grass over the zoysia grass to keep it looking green.

Is this commonly done? We have only had St. Augustine before.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 09-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This site has a lot of information regarding Empire Zoysia grass. They provide video's thru-out the year on how to care for this type of sod. This is the fall video.
Sod Solutions - News
Thanks Bogie!!!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,374 Times in 2,400 Posts

[quote=cquick;558307]
Quote:

We got a mailing from our pest control people about overseeding? Seeding with rye grass over the zoysia grass to keep it looking green.

Is this commonly done? We have only had St. Augustine before.
I spoke with one of the Zoysia sod growers a couple years ago and they advised againist overseeding with rye grass. The rye generates a lot of thatch that is not good for your lawn.
There was another thread discussing rye grass overseeding.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Default Zoysia fall ferlizer??

Quote:
Sod Solutions - News
I watched this video thanks. they suggest a 1-0-1 for fall. they are in south carolina. People i talk to here in TV suggest 15-0-15 for fall. I believe they said it is Florida State Univ advising this. Doing this myself and would like to know what others are using on Zoysia. thanks
Old 10-14-2012, 01:45 PM

The 15-0-15 fertilizer is fine. The website uses ratios, so when they say 1-0-1, they really mean any formula with equal amounts of nitrogen and potassium, but zero phosphorous.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.