Ladies bag of Cobra Clubs

Old 04-05-2024, 03:58 PM
Unhappy Ladies bag of Cobra Clubs

I played golf at Orange Blossom this morning. About half way home to Chatham I noticed my clubs were not on my cart. I retraced my way back to the club house and they said no one had turned anything in. I didn’t really notice if they were missing when I came out from lunch. They may have been stolen. I think I would have heard them if they fell off my cart.
They are ladies Cobra clubs with pink on the shafts in a black bag with blue and white dots.
I am very distressed over this. Besides the obvious cost of replacing the bag and everything in it, they were handed down to me and have a very sentimental value.
In the front lowest pocket there is a pouch with tees and ball markers and a card with my name, address and telephone number.
If you found them or know someone who did, please contact me ASAP.
Thank you.
Donna Phillips
Old 04-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Have you reported it to law enforcement? If you don't KNOW that you lost them then they MAY have been stolen. Having Law Enforcement know gives them a heads-up if such clubs are spotted somewhere, or it is possible that they may have already been turned in to law enforcement.

Also try the website https://www.districtgov.org/images/L...uidelines.pdf? Gives numbers and guidance.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Have you reported it to law enforcement? If you don't KNOW that you lost them then they MAY have been stolen. Having Law Enforcement know gives them a heads-up if such clubs are spotted somewhere, or it is possible that they may have already been turned in to law enforcement.

Also try the website https://www.districtgov.org/images/L...uidelines.pdf? Gives numbers and guidance.
I contacted Sheriff of Sumter but since I live in Marion County, I have to go someplace in Sumter for them to send a deputy to take a report. I will do that first thing tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:43 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,762 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMarie View Post
I played golf at Orange Blossom this morning. About half way home to Chatham I noticed my clubs were not on my cart. I retraced my way back to the club house and they said no one had turned anything in. I didn’t really notice if they were missing when I came out from lunch. They may have been stolen. I think I would have heard them if they fell off my cart.
They are ladies Cobra clubs with pink on the shafts in a black bag with blue and white dots.
I am very distressed over this. Besides the obvious cost of replacing the bag and everything in it, they were handed down to me and have a very sentimental value.
In the front lowest pocket there is a pouch with tees and ball markers and a card with my name, address and telephone number.
Thank you.
Donna Phillips
Feel so sorry when I read of these kinds of things happening. This is old advice, but my friend checked out the pawn shops in the area and sure enough, found her diamond anniversary bracelet complete with the inscription NOT sanded off ! ? Stealing of clubs always puzzles me, as a life long golfer myself I have noticed that no matter how high end the clubs, used clubs never really bring the kind of money as other items (such as jewelry) ! I always felt just a little bit more secure as women's clubs almost without exception bring even less ! Again, know how you feel about some thing having even more than monetary value. Additionally, it would not help in your case, but as a general caution, I found out the "hard way" that having a name, address, etc. tag on your clubs is not the only thing to do. That should be on EACH club. After I found out the villages does not have an on line list of lost clubs and does not keep lost clubs very long, I order those weather resistant metallic label stickers that attach to each club just below the grip. Because I have left a club several times (!!), those have really saved me.
Old 04-06-2024, 09:06 AM

Check with Community Watch and the Villages Lost and found. Some nice person may have found them and turned them in for safe keeping...
Old 04-11-2024, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMarie View Post
Thank you.
Donna Phillips
I would set an alert on Facebook and next door. And I would go to the thrift stores and let them know to watch for them. Bring a pic.

You can also do a picture search on Google to see if its on sale anywhere online.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robojo View Post
I would set an alert on Facebook and next door. And I would go to the thrift stores and let them know to watch for them. Bring a pic.

You can also do a picture search on Google to see if its on sale anywhere online.
Good advice.

Might also want to check any pawn shops around. My daughter (Minnesota) had some items stolen during a home invasion some time back and several of the items turned up at a couple of the local pawn shops. It is to the thieves' advantage to turn stolen merchandise into cash ASAP: the last thing they want is to be caught with stolen goods, and (at the time of the incident regarding my daughter, anyway) pawn shops don't ask a lot of questions.

Minnesota laws were strengthened subsequently to make it harder for thieves to dump merchandise. I don't know about the Florida laws concerning this.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:46 AM
Default Status on clubs

I am curious as to the status of your bag of golf clubs.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:03 PM
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGuerriere View Post
I am curious as to the status of your bag of golf clubs.

I never recovered them.

Tags
bag, clubs, ladies, cart, cobra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.