Lost / Mis-Delivered FedEx Package

Old 04-27-2024, 03:08 PM
Default Lost / Mis-Delivered FedEx Package

Been trying to track down a package that FedEx claimed they delivered to 814 Sage Street in Dabney on April 1st. The package was important to our family & unfortunately was delivered before we arrived in the Villages on the 7th of April.

If you picked it up in a neighborly effort to hold it until our arrival, or saw someone pick it up off our porch, please let us know. A police report has been filed and an investigation has started. FedEx also has investigators searching.

We appreciate your help and concern.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:31 PM

Have you tried Community Watch?
Old 04-27-2024, 03:54 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,798 Times in 3,659 Posts

Very few Villages read this site.

CWatch and door-to-door are your best options.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:27 PM

A couple years ago Fedex claimed to have delivered a package to my door. I was sitting there at my door waiting and it never came. No truck ever passed. Just saying maybe it never was delivered to your address.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrjck View Post
A couple years ago Fedex claimed to have delivered a package to my door. I was sitting there at my door waiting and it never came. No truck ever passed. Just saying maybe it never was delivered to your address.
A Ring camera would’ve confirmed if it was. Most carriers document the drops with a smart phone camera or the like.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,618 Times in 590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
A Ring camera would’ve confirmed if it was. Most carriers document the drops with a smart phone camera or the like.
Only Amazon sends a pic to our houses. FedEx, UPS doesn’t. However if you are tracking you will get an email or text. If you have informed USPS you get a delivered email or text. Within minutes notified for all deliveries

We have ring at one house, but intermittent power WiFi can be a problem.

Currently at this house we have 5 outside cameras, that gives us a great view of package drop, we don’t have power blips here but cameras also run off WiFi and power.

OP good way to meet neighbors is try knocking on doors to see if anyone could have picked up your package. Our neighbors will text if someone drops off at house. They will also leave a note if they pick up packages. My guess is neighbors know you are back, no one has come forward. Your package maybe in the black hole list, that includes lost dryer socks
Old 04-28-2024, 08:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,210 Times in 763 Posts

Could it be that FedEx delivered to the wrong house ?
Old 04-28-2024, 09:10 AM

Try the post box. Fedx hands off to USPS.
Old 04-29-2024, 05:33 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,561 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLindy View Post
Been trying to track down a package that FedEx claimed they delivered to 814 Sage Street in Dabney on April 1st. The package was important to our family & unfortunately was delivered before we arrived in the Villages on the 7th of April.

If you picked it up in a neighborly effort to hold it until our arrival, or saw someone pick it up off our porch, please let us know. A police report has been filed and an investigation has started. FedEx also has investigators searching.

We appreciate your help and concern.
Police will do nothing. It’s a postal issue.
Old 04-29-2024, 07:38 AM

This is a frequent problem in new areas that are not yet updated in the various map applications. Waze is usually the first app to get it right. Sometimes the delivery drivers drop the packages at the correct house number but on the wrong street. The Villages uses the same numbers on more than one street.

It is possible your package is sitting at the front door of someone else's house that also hasn't moved in yet. You might ride around a look for your house number on nearby streets to see if it's there.

Not sure why this is such a challenge for the delivery people.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:49 AM

Unfortunately, there is one other explanation. There are "pickers" who ride through TV in the night and go through trash and pick up stuff left at the end of the driveway. Your package may have been picked up by one of them. I really hope not, but just a suggestion.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:11 AM

Sent my sister a gift in AZ. I was tracking it and let her know that it got delivered, she insisted that it never came. As I was on the phone with her, she went out front and finally found it tucked inside the bushes. Thank you FedX
Old 04-29-2024, 09:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deden View Post
Sent my sister a gift in AZ. I was tracking it and let her know that it got delivered, she insisted that it never came. As I was on the phone with her, she went out front and finally found it tucked inside the bushes. Thank you FedX
FedEx
“ When it absolutely, positively has to get there....”
I guess it eventually does....
Old 04-29-2024, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,212 Times in 2,276 Posts

Years ago we had moved to the villages, and my wife had ordered something for my birthday, it never arrived. Turns out it went to the OLD address and the owners had no idea where we had moved to. My son happened to check with the people at our old house and found the package which he forwarded to us.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrjck View Post
The same thing happened to me. I received an email saying it had just been delivered. I was standing in my doorway as I received the message. Since I had ordered and received the product (same product/same company/same carrier) at my door two weeks before, I thought it would once again, show up at my doorstep. Have you checked your local mailbox for a key to the package bin? That's where my package ended up. Best of luck!

Tags
fedex, package, april, delivered, porch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.