2023 Flu shots and Covid booster

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2023, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

what about about Walmart pharmacy? or your primary doc?
Old 09-21-2023, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Well we have had vaccines and boosters and got covid twice but both mild cases.

Until my doctor says no will continue
Old 09-21-2023, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
No reasonably healthy person has anything to fear from COVID. The COVID vaccines are no guarantee against COVID and due to their limited testing & being rushed into production, who knows what side effects may appear years later. The vaccines have already have caused some people heart problems and strokes. I have almost 20 years in healthcare as a Paramedic Supervisor, Emergency/ICU RN, and Coroner and I am not an anti-vaxxer, just a anti-COVID vaxxer. I'll just stick with the vaccines that were tested the old fashioned way for 12-15 years before unleashing them on the public.
So you as a self claimed (missinformed) medical professional are advising others to wait for 12-15 years while the vaccine is tested on "other" people?

How many "other" people do you want to be a guinea pig for 12-15 years to test a vaccine for you?
Old 09-21-2023, 06:21 AM

Quote:
No reasonably healthy person has anything to fear from COVID. The COVID vaccines are no guarantee against COVID and due to their limited testing & being rushed into production, who knows what side effects may appear years later. The vaccines have already have caused some people heart problems and strokes. I have almost 20 years in healthcare as a Paramedic Supervisor, Emergency/ICU RN, and Coroner and I am not an anti-vaxxer, just a anti-COVID vaxxer. I'll just stick with the vaccines that were tested the old fashioned way for 12-15 years before unleashing them on the public.
If I were to consider any Covid shot, it would be Novavax, which used the technology of flu shots, not mRNA technology.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Very well said. The differentiation between "anti-vaxxer" and "anti-COVID vaxxer" is spot on. My guess is that 95% or more of folks who have decided not to take the COVID vaccine or booster, happily and faithfully get their pneumonia, flu and shingles vaccines. I know I do. Then again, if your intent is to spread fear, you're going to adopt the broad brush approach. Easier for The Faithful to remember a two-word invented invented slogan than the actual facts, I guess.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:34 AM

Pass on both. No chance I'd let these people get near me. You get the shots, the boosters and wear a mask, yet think you are protected, then you get sick anyway. What does that tell you? Boosters, boosters, boosters. All you are doing is boosting their profits. It's a sham.

Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.

Joseph Stalin
Old 09-21-2023, 06:37 AM

Quote:
I'm right there with you. I'm going to pass on the COVID booster since the last one I got brought on onset osteo arthritis in all my large joints. Not getting the flu shot this year nor the RSV vaccine when it comes out. Going to continue eating healthy, get plenty of sleep and exercise every day.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:42 AM

Just so everyone knows, it takes TWO weeks AFTER shot for either the flu or COVID shot to become effective. Just saying don’t wait too long because flu is already appearing in schools.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeonemiles@outlook.com View Post
Pass on both. No chance I'd let these people get near me. You get the shots, the boosters and wear a mask, yet think you are protected, then you get sick anyway. What does that tell you? Boosters, boosters, boosters. All you are doing is boosting their profits. It's a sham.
Remember when hospitals were full of people drowning on their own body fluids?

Heard of long COVID?

You should be thanking the nine billion people who accepted the vaccine and protected you rather than disrespecting their decision.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:50 AM

I am with ya! I have never had a flu shot or covid, and not had the flu in 20 years. Too many friends get the flu shot and still get sick. I take the right vitamins and eat healthy, no sugar. Best policy for me is to keep up my immunity. Everyone’s different tho.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:54 AM

Booked my flu and pneumonia shots next week at Walgreens Parr Drive. Lots of open appointments at Villages Walgreens.
Old 09-21-2023, 07:39 AM

Disrespecting ? It's a choice to take the jab. I will not put that poison in my body because it is a poison. I am fully vaccinated by the one who gave his life for our sins. Respect that and move on.

Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.

Joseph Stalin
Old 09-21-2023, 07:52 AM

We had no problem booking an appt at Walgreens, with many time slot available. Yesterday and got the shot same day. Flu, Covid and RSV were all offered. Really if you want to get any of them just do whats right for yourself
Old 09-21-2023, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Where is the information on the clinical trials from the millions of people who have already been vaccinated? We were the guinea pigs but no one is coming clean about side effects of efficacies of the vaccines we have already been given. After all, the drug companies have been given immunity from fault. What do they have to lose if the statistics tell the story to the public? Future income, that is what they risk. By keeping you uninformed, they can continue to fill your body with their drugs forever. I am not buying it.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:03 AM

You are absolutely correct, these covid vaccines should raise a red flag with everyone, not approved, not tested, cannot sue the drug companies for anything. RED FLAG! To many people are so easy to be mislead, tell them the same lies often enough and they believe it it true. The facts about covid vaccines has changed so many times that you could write a 10,000 page book about it, and then incompetent Fauci, Mr Flip Flop is definitely someone not to believe in.
Closed Thread

Tags
issue, line, guess, walk, running

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.