21 Day Cleanse?

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2015, 11:47 AM
Default 21 Day Cleanse?

My husband recently started going to a chiropractor down in Colony Plaza to help him with his back. He has spinal stenosis and recently his leg started bothering him. Anyway, on the initial visit the Dr also said they have a nutritionist on staff who would be talking with him. Now, my husband is overweight and obviously if he lost some weight that would help. He came home today and said the nutritionist told him that the toxins in his body weren't helping his condition and he tried selling him a 21 purification program. It cost $300+. He also stated the obvious like stay away from process foods, alcohol, etc. Has anyone every tried this plan? It's called Standard Process 21 day purification program.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab1948 View Post
My husband recently started going to a chiropractor down in Colony Plaza to help him with his back. He has spinal stenosis and recently his leg started bothering him. Anyway, on the initial visit the Dr also said they have a nutritionist on staff who would be talking with him. Now, my husband is overweight and obviously if he lost some weight that would help. He came home today and said the nutritionist told him that the toxins in his body weren't helping his condition and he tried selling him a 21 purification program. It cost $300+. He also stated the obvious like stay away from process foods, alcohol, etc. Has anyone every tried this plan? It's called Standard Process 21 day purification program.
It is my understanding anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. A dietician requires further education and certifications. That aside, i pass (pardon the pun).
Old 04-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

That's good advice.

Dietitian vs Nutritionist | DCMAND

I am not against chiropractors who do what they are capable of doing. I would only go to one if recommended by an orthopedic doctor.

Too many of them believe that they can cure all kinds of ills. I once had one tell me that chiropractic can cure cancer. Another told me I had a minot herniation of a disc that would respond to proper chiropractic care. After going to him three times a week for several weeks with no improvement, he told me to just keep coming and it would get better.

I saw a doctor who referred me to an orthopedic surgeon. He tried several different non invasive therapies none of which worked. Finally it was determined that I needed surgery. It turns out I had the worst herniation of a disc ever seen at Mass General Hospital. It was so bad, they brought in medical students to observe it and took pictures to share with medical classes.

Chiropractic would never have helped this case. If I had continued going to the chiropractor, I might not be walking today.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:11 PM

Ever hear of Carter's Little Liver pills? I believe they were actually a laxative, that would help with backpain.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Veteran member

We always joke when we are on a cruise and go to the spa for a treatment, they are all about "detoxifying you" and what we really think, is that they want to detoxify your WALLET!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

Exactly what toxins does your chiropractor or nutritionist believe you have in your colon? And what is the evidence that $300 of special stuff actually helps other than helping the practice pay its rent? You want to use diarrhea for weight loss, how about a jar of Miralax or just await your next colonoscopy. Chelation can't be far behind.
Here is the only published study of this product.
Changes in weight loss and lipid profiles after a dietary purification program: a prospective case series
Done at a Chiropractor school it had a total of 7 patients all student age not seniors. They were put on essentially a very low near starvation diet and guess what, they all lost weight in the short term. No long term follow up was done. This proved that not eating can reduce your weight. I don't charge for that high level of wisdom. No toxins were discovered, analyzed, tested, assessed, or even mentioned. But TOXIN is such a good scare word it might help to sell a product, hmm.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.