4th covid shot for immune compromised?

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2022, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The doctors and her staff did not bring her probability of exposure down enough. She had official duties a week before meeting inside with people with no one wearing masks! Yes, I would have put her in the biggest bubble you ever saw. The virus is only a particle and the probabilities of exposure, are possible to control.
Agreed.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1975 View Post
I've stopped at one booster shot. But you go right ahead and got all the booster shots you want. JUST DON'T START TELLING PEOPLE THEY NEED A 4TH SHOT. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF!!!!
This is a forum where TV Land people can learn from others' opinions and express their own opinions. People can say that other people should ONLY worry about themselves, but that would hinder the development of empathy, hinder free speech, and DISCOURAGE others from freely expressing their opinions.
.......Then there is another problem created by that - an airborne disease that intensifies and mutates among the people that decide for themselves when "enough is enough" without the best expert advice - will put not only themselves in danger, but also all their own family around them and ultimately all of US society. Humans are an interdependent species. Public health principles and institutions have been criticized like never before in recent US History.
......Basically, this situation like so many others is NOT over til it's over!
Old 02-22-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheiro View Post
Will be getting the 4th shot as soon as it is available. Have avoided the disease so far and want to continue the process.
We have had exactly ZERO shots and avoided it as well...what makes you think anything you have had (so far) is the reason you have not been infected?????
Old 02-22-2022, 05:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I honestly thought when we got our 2nd shots that would be the end of it. I got the 3rd shot.(booster) Now they’re talking about we will need a 4th shot. Is this going to be an ongoing thing. Will it come to a 5th shot then on & on. It just seems to me that they are guessing. I personally don’t like all of this serum pumped into our bodies. To me it’s the ones that’s never had the 1st shot. What’s your opinion about this?
Those that never got the 1st shot ARE a big problem. Also, digging in ones' heels and stubbornly disregarding additional expert medical advice is also a problem. I will get as many shots as often as needed and recommended by the majority of the expert medical advice. And for as long as I think that I am NOT as smart as hundreds of Medical Doctors.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
After a severe reaction to half dose of first vaccine, all of my physicians are holding a strong No on any other chance of going forward with any vaccine. Never tested positive, for the last 2 plus years, still working in healthcare. Just lucky, or so immune to 40 plus years of being exposed to known, and unknown issues.

The rest of our family in healthcare have had 1or 2 doses of vaccine, but not the booster.

It’s a personal choice, between you and your healthcare provider
Can not help myself feeling all those items we were exposed to back in our working days were not the reason we have fared so well ourselves. Something to be said for this amazing gift of "immunity" the good Lord gave those of us that have exposed ourselves to everything over the years in service to others!
Old 02-22-2022, 05:39 PM

Guess who is paying for all these Vaccine Shots? I can tell you it is not the drug companies. If I was a suspicious person, I might think that the drug companies (and their crony politicians) are intentionally extending the whole thing just to line the drug company pockets. But they would not do that, right?
Old 02-22-2022, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I had not heard about a 4th shot but if my oncologist calls to tell me to come in, I will.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:46 PM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Cdc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I would think if one decided to get the 3rd shot (booster) in the initial days they would do so again for the 4th shot (booster).

The CDC direction is pretty specific. There does not seem to be much discussion regarding getting the 4th shot.

Using the same criteria we we did for shot number 3 we will be scheduling our 4th shot.
Given past "performance," we have ZERO confidence in the CDC.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
We have had exactly ZERO shots and avoided it as well...what makes you think anything you have had (so far) is the reason you have not been infected?????
Someone with Zero shots and zero tests could be blissfully wandering around society and be asymptomatic. Thus acting like a "typhoid Mary"!
Old 02-22-2022, 08:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
Can not help myself feeling all those items we were exposed to back in our working days were not the reason we have fared so well ourselves. Something to be said for this amazing gift of "immunity" the good Lord gave those of us that have exposed ourselves to everything over the years in service to others!
That could (?) be true.....or just plain luck. It might be possible to compare hospital and medical workers to non-hospital and non-medical workers. But, that would likely be a hard study to set up. The results would be interesting though.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Someone with Zero shots and zero tests could be blissfully wandering around society and be asymptomatic. Thus acting like a "typhoid Mary"!
As opposed to those who have been vaccinated and can just as easily transmit the virus?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-22-2022, 10:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
I have had three shots, I'm over 75, and I'm done. The virus seems to be weaker now, and I have read far too much about the potential side effects of getting these vaccines over and over and over.

Everyone must make their own decision, and I've made mine.
Ditto.
I've had COVID twice. First time was before the vaccine. I was tired and had a headache - no respiratory issues.
The second time was after I had both doses of the vaccine (no booster). Symptoms were much worse, but I was not hospitalized (again no respiratory issues).
I know at least 10 people who have recently had COVID. All of them have had both shots plus the booster. Some have had the same symptoms I had... some had worse.
I am not going to get a booster shot.
Why?
1. Because it's not going to prevent me from getting COVID.
2. If I get COVID, it doesn't mean my symptoms will be less severe.
Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them. I respect everyone's decision. But for me... I'm not getting the booster.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Based on my experience, 100% of the people I know who have recently gotten COVID have been double vaccinated, and 90% had the booster. In fact, the people I know (just a few) who haven't gotten the vaccine still have not gotten COVID.
Old 02-22-2022, 11:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Those that never got the 1st shot ARE a big problem. Also, digging in ones' heels and stubbornly disregarding additional expert medical advice is also a problem. I will get as many shots as often as needed and recommended by the majority of the expert medical advice. And for as long as I think that I am NOT as smart as hundreds of Medical Doctors.
100% of the people I know who have recently gotten COVID have had both vaccines and the booster.
You may want to blame people that haven't gotten the vaccine. But based on what I have seen the virus is infecting people who have gotten the vaccine... and booster.
I know of 2 people who were double vaccinated and had the booster and died from COVID.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks for your input & your opinion. At least you expressed how you feel. Thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
shot, 4th, booster, discussion, specific

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.