5th post about medication!?!?

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Default 5th post about medication!?!?

Nope Just kidding!

So, I am very new to this site and joined with nothing but good intentions. I have upset some people and have helped some people. Since I have made some folks angry I decided to tell yall a little bit about myself and why I thought this site would be a good idea.

1. When I hurt someones feelings or make them angry unintentionally it really bothers me I am a sensitive baby, lol.
2. I LOVE my job! Love Love Love it
3. I am happiest when I am learning something new
4. I am often in trouble for my sarcasm
5. I have been told I have RBF (resting b*tch face) It means that my natural look is mean This makes me kinda sad (also makes me laugh because I am very chatty and happy most of the time)
6. I am OCD
7. I am interested in people
8. I am black and white (I am working on this)
9. I remember playing King of the Mountain on the dirt piles while Spanish Springs was being built
10. I am that obnoxious person who comes into work on a Monday morning happy and smiling and all peppy

I joined here because I see patients get so nervous about being at the doctor, or wondering why things are done the way they are. I get asked questions that I may not have time to explain while you're at the office or may not be aloud to give MY honest opinion. I know for me personally, I want to know all the behind the scenes stuff. I am a very curious little monkey I never mean to scold, shame, or act superior to anyone. I do not post out of frustration (well, I don't plan to) or anger. I mean, truthfully if I wanted to just complain about things at my job I would get on facebook and do it. I think it would be awfully rude to join a Villages website and then complain daily about villagers. That's kinda hateful. I am really just here to help. To make your visit to the doctor less scary and stressful.

I don't want to get into trouble for posting this under Medical and Health Discussion when I didn't discuss something that pertains so I will do that now:

When you blush the lining of your stomach also turns red.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:37 PM

I think I would like you... hopefully you will be working at my new doctor's office (and I'm told I'm OCD too!)
Old 10-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Sage
Default 5th post about medication!?!?

And I bet you are a wonderful person. You are most welcome on TOTV. Don't mind what I noted on another thread.
My wife is an RN and I have a healthcare background. We all have our own opinions and personalities so don't let us bother you. (Illegitimi non carborundum est).

Most of us appreciate someone spending time trying to educate us. Most of us are genuinely nice people who also enjoy joking around. Personally I have a dry Yankee humor that only a few seem to get. A very few are grump buckets whom you can ignore.

Never knew that about my stomach. How do you know that?

Last edited by dbussone; 10-14-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
And I bet you are a wonderful person. You are most welcome on TOTV. Don't mind what I noted on another thread.
My wife is an RN and I have a healthcare background. We all have our own opinions and personalities so don't let us bother you. (Illegitimi non carborundum est).

Most of us appreciate someone spending time trying to educate us. Most of us are genuinely nice people who also enjoy joking around. Personally I have a dry Yankee humor that only a few seem to get. A very few are grump buckets whom you can ignore.

Never knew that about my stomach. How do you know that?
There is a little man in your stomach, sort of like the tidy bowl man, floating in a boat with a colorimeter reporting the exact wavelength of the stomach lining. I thought everyone knew that

As far as the rest of your post goes,
Old 10-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemindofanurse View Post
So, I am very new to this site and joined with nothing but good intentions. I have upset some people and have helped some people.
You can add to your list of facts about yourself that you have a good sense of humor.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:19 AM
Sage

Over time, one gets to know personalities and perspective of frequent posters...
And those who present factual, educational, well-researched, cited, info, and those who present their opinion wild and free, and some mistake that for fact..(As my dear Mother liked to anchor her own opinion with the irrevocable creed "everybody knows"...)
And some who carry the universe in their bosom of good intentions.

Inthemind has gone beyond educating and my read is wants to be part of the community.
I would like an introduction, Newbie.
Where are you from, are you a new Villager? Are you an RN? How long have you been Nursing? You love to type, even after a day at work!

I wonder if you have an adequate support system for being a nurse? I am a helper bee too, and it was rare to have an adequately supportive job.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:16 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Inthemindofanurse: I have had ample opportunity to depend on the services of a nurse. They have fussed over me, laughed with me, cried with me, scolded me, prayed over me and whispered advice . The entire nursing staff even gave me a standing ovation once as they wheeled me out of the hospital.

Nurses are the most generous, hard working and dedicated people that I ever had the opportunity to know. One can readily see why they deserve the name "angels of mercy" And I'll venture a guess that over 50% of the population here could relate similar experiences as mine

I only wish they never shed their white uniforms but now I'm getting to picky.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
There is a little man in your stomach, sort of like the tidy bowl man, floating in a boat with a colorimeter reporting the exact wavelength of the stomach lining. I thought everyone knew that

As far as the rest of your post goes,

How do I get rid of the tidy bowl man?
Old 10-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Did you mean "The tiny bowel man?)
Old 10-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
flush him?
Old 10-15-2015, 07:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Did you mean "The tiny bowel man?)
Good one, wish I thought of it
Old 10-15-2015, 09:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Nurses are the most generous, hard working and dedicated people that I ever had the opportunity to know. One can readily see why they deserve the name "angels of mercy"
Rubicon - I agree 1000%. It's hard to understand what motivates people to be nurses.
I think they are underpaid, overworked and called upon to do tasks that would challenge most of us.
IMHO, nurses are wonderful; they have my admiration, respect and thanks. They truly are angels of mercy.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Over time, one gets to know personalities and perspective of frequent posters...
And those who present factual, educational, well-researched, cited, info, and those who present their opinion wild and free, and some mistake that for fact..(As my dear Mother liked to anchor her own opinion with the irrevocable creed "everybody knows"...)
And some who carry the universe in their bosom of good intentions.

Inthemind has gone beyond educating and my read is wants to be part of the community.
I would like an introduction, Newbie.
Where are you from, are you a new Villager? Are you an RN? How long have you been Nursing? You love to type, even after a day at work!

I wonder if you have an adequate support system for being a nurse? I am a helper bee too, and it was rare to have an adequately supportive job.
Well, I am born and raised in Lake County. I do not live in The Villages (hope to one day) I am in my 30s and a single mom to a 9 year old son I am not an RN I am technically not a nurse. I am a certified Medical Assistant. I would LOVE to go to LPN school but am unable to make it work right now. I have been working as a CMA for 2 years, before that I was a medical receptionist for 2 years. Unfortunately I do not have a great support system when it comes to being the best I can be because most people now want to cut corners and be lazy
Closed Thread

Tags
love, people, complain, job, trouble, kinda, time, things, happy, doctor, makes, good, make, site, joined, post, angry, give, honest, aloud, opinion, stuff, curious, monkey, scenes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.