Ablation Opinion

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2021, 11:30 AM
Default Ablation Opinion

Hello, My wife was recently diagnosis with a heart arrhythmia and the physician recommended she have a Cardiac Ablation.
We saw Dr. Vatsal Inamdar at Village Heart & Vein and were more than satisfied with his credentials, demeanor, knowledge and personality. However I am of the belief of “measure twice, cut once.” I believe since our insurance allows it that we obtain a second opinion at Shands in Gainesville.
Has anyone had this procedure, know of Dr. Inamdar, and what facility did you use? Please be kind with your responses we are both in need of compassion right now. We appreciate all the info we can obtain.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,689 Times in 602 Posts

For my osteoarthritis, I've had two spinal ablations (lumbar - right side, left side) and that was quite effective and easy on me (a 2 on a 1-10 scale). It worked so well that I've got two more scheduled for my thoracic area (mid-back). It's really just a needle device and not intrusive, a band-aid was used at the end of it. I realize spinal is not cardiac, but they seem similar from webmd - Cardiac Ablation (Catheter and Surgical): Procedure, Risks, Recovery

best wishes
Old 01-28-2021, 12:55 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,378 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneman View Post
Hello, My wife was recently diagnosis with a heart arrhythmia and the physician recommended she have a Cardiac Ablation.
We saw Dr. Vatsal Inamdar at Village Heart & Vein and were more than satisfied with his credentials, demeanor, knowledge and personality. However I am of the belief of “measure twice, cut once.” I believe since our insurance allows it that we obtain a second opinion at Shands in Gainesville.
Has anyone had this procedure, know of Dr. Inamdar, and what facility did you use? Please be kind with your responses we are both in need of compassion right now. We appreciate all the info we can obtain.
My husband had this done back home and it helped somewhat but did not cure the problem. He still requires medication to slow down his heart rate and is checked every six months.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:34 PM

Everyone's outcome is different.
I had an ablation done months ago and after 4 afib episodes in the first 2 weeks I have not had afib since and I am off medication since I had the ablation. Horray
Old 01-28-2021, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

My father had a couple of them done when he was in his mid-80's. He said it helped a little but still had many episodes.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:17 PM
Sage

Sent you a p.m.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:58 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,646 Times in 1,770 Posts

A friend of mine in her late 60s had a cardiac ablation surgery done at Duke about a year ago for serious A-Fib. When she was there she noticed several patients were back for a second operation and discovered that not to be uncommon. She may already have to go in for a second operation as her A-Fib is back although not as severe as it was before the first procedure when it was very bad.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-28-2021, 07:04 PM

Hi Carla,
This is Gloria. I want you to know how deeply I appreciated your kind response. I was totally confident with Dr. Inamdar, he was very personable. My husband and I decided that a second opinion was the best choice. I am beginning the search for an Electrophysiologist at Shands but still may use Dr. Inamdar. He did a extended fellowship at the Mayo Clinic, among others so I feel he must know his stuff.
My lack of confidence lies in the choice of hospitals, The Villages or Leesburg.
Thanks once again, wish me luck. Prayers always accepted too! ������
Gloria
Old 01-28-2021, 11:47 PM

Quote:
My son was diagnosed with Afib at the ripe young age of 30 and had an ablation. It was in KCMO at St. Luke's. It has a wonderful cardiology hospital. Back to the ablation - he had a few episodes the first three months or so, but nothing like when we first learned he had Afib, which was very scary. The fear has lessened and he has not had any serious episodes since. I think your wife will feel a lot better afterward.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:57 AM

Quote:
My husband had three ablations they do a little at a time depending where it’s coming from. You need a electrophysiologist not a cardiologist. Electrophyrologist has advanced degrees in heart surgeries
Old 01-29-2021, 06:14 AM
Default Heart Ablation

Good Morning,

I suffered with AFIB for many years until I came down to the Villages! My doctor was Citrus Cardiologist recommend a doctor that only specializes in heart ablation! His name is Dr. Kenneth Yamamura! He is located in Tampa, Fl! He is absolutely wonderful! Here is is website! Interventional Cardiac Consultants – ICC

Since my surgery 3 years ago - I have not have any AFIB attacks at all! I was in surgery for almost 6 hours - which totally changed my life for the better!

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!
Old 01-29-2021, 06:48 AM

Girlfriend had in done in Orlando by Dr Peter Taylor... an electrophysiologist .. she suffered with SVT for years and is in PERFECT shape now. Highly recommend getting a Dr that is well experienced on AFIB/SVT. a short drive to a big city may be worth it
Old 01-29-2021, 06:52 AM

I had cryoablation for atrial fibrillation in NY a before I came to The Villages and no issues in past 4 years! It freezes rather than burning.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

My husband had AFib really bad and ultimately had the ablation done in Tampa by a surgeon Dr. Herweg, who specializes in ablations. I believe that is pretty much all he does. Tampa has a terrific reputation for cardiac surgery. I would have surgery there, not in The Villages. BTW, his cardiac doctor in The Villages recommended the Tampa surgeon. This was about 10 years ago.

Last edited by Love2Swim; 01-29-2021 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:00 AM

I had an ablation about 4 years ago. It did not work and I got a pace maker and doing fine now
Closed Thread

Tags
ablation, obtain, opinion, inamdar, heart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.