Ablation Opinion

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2021, 07:05 AM

Depends what the arrhythmia is. I had an ablation in 2013 for SVT by a doctor in NY. I was in overnight because I had a vascular scan done the next day. They go through your femoral artery in your groin. You don’t feel anything related to the ablation. I had back pain from laying in the table for an hour. Had to do follow ups frequently for 6 months and then every 6 for 2 years. Now I go annually. Have not had any issues since and the arrhythmia is gone.

Definately find a doctor that has done these before. He should be a Electrophysiology which is the electrical system of your heart not a vascular which deals with the vessels and blood flow.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneman View Post
Hi Carla,
This is Gloria. I want you to know how deeply I appreciated your kind response. I was totally confident with Dr. Inamdar, he was very personable. My husband and I decided that a second opinion was the best choice. I am beginning the search for an Electrophysiologist at Shands but still may use Dr. Inamdar. He did a extended fellowship at the Mayo Clinic, among others so I feel he must know his stuff.
My lack of confidence lies in the choice of hospitals, The Villages or Leesburg.
Thanks once again, wish me luck. Prayers always accepted too! ������
Gloria
My husband has been going to Dr. Inamdar now for about 3 years. We both trust him explicitly. He is very caring, and immensely knowledgeable in his field. He was highly recommended to us by several cardiologist, which is why we ended up going to him for my husband’s heart issues.

We’ve known several people who have had ablations. Sometimes you need repeat procedure(s) down the road. But studies have shown that they are successful 75 - 90% of the time. Good luck to you. Hope you are back to good health soon.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:26 AM

My wife had ablation up north, and was cured immediately. No more problems. Amen.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:35 AM

Hi we are Brits. I had this procedure in the UK about 6 years ago. It was fairly straightforward. I was put partly asleep - not fully. A probe was inserted in the thigh through to the heart. I only noticed the burning sensation slightly on a couple of occasions. They boosted the sedation when that happened. All in all it was painless and at the time very successful. Unfortunately I was one of the small percentage thar had a recurrence of the AF. It led to a stroke 18 months ago. But fortunately the long term impact has been small.
So I would say it’s well worth doing and the risks are quite low.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:49 AM

I have had this same procedure done 20 years ago at The Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Lever was the clinician and Dr. Stallion was the surgeon. No problems were encountered. If you are interest in proceeding with CCF contact Cardiology at Cleveland Clinic Weston 954-659-5277
Old 01-29-2021, 07:56 AM

I've had 4 ablations for AFIB. The 4th one took. 5 yrs free of AFIB. Mine was done 2015 in NJ by some excellent Electro Physiology Cardiologists. Good luck
Old 01-29-2021, 07:58 AM

Look on "mercola.com" and you'll find a lot of heart health ideas
Old 01-29-2021, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Hi Carla,
This is Gloria. I want you to know how deeply I appreciated your kind response. I was totally confident with Dr. Inamdar, he was very personable. My husband and I decided that a second opinion was the best choice. I am beginning the search for an Electrophysiologist at Shands but still may use Dr. Inamdar. He did a extended fellowship at the Mayo Clinic, among others so I feel he must know his stuff.
My lack of confidence lies in the choice of hospitals, The Villages or Leesburg.
Thanks once again, wish me luck. Prayers always accepted too! ������
Gloria
Dr Luisi at Jacksonville Baptist Medical is excellent. My husband has an ICD & pacemaker attached to the ICD.
He had VTACH & AFib. Afib is much easier to get at for ablations. We had been going to another Dr who kept doing ablations. Dr Luisi arrived & first day put in an ICD & later added a pacemaker. He was a breath of fresh air. He will give you your options & then what he thinks is best. My husband still needs a med to keep his VTACH from rising. My husband had an heart attack at 50 & lost 55% of his heart. 18 years later he had VTACH problems. Then AFib & VTach. His ekgs are very hard to read due to his 1st heart attack
After quadruple heart surgery the dr went on vacation. Dr Luisi started his first day. He saw how damaged my husband's heart was & immediately put in a ICD. A couple month's later my husband's heart began racing so he put in a pacemaker. Now the pacemaker corrects the heart rate when it goes off. It pacemaker can't fix it then the ICD shocks him. I am so glad that other doctor went on vacation.After his vacation the hospital let him go.
Baptist Medical Downtown Jacksonville is an excellent heart hospital.
Dr Luisi said it doesn't matter what medical facility. It comes down to the best doctor. He is the electro guy.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:11 AM

(sp) As-tu-vido
He did mine and is well spoken of by doctors in the area. Office is just above WalMart on 441. In the oaks.
Very professional.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Hello, My wife was recently diagnosis with a heart arrhythmia and the physician recommended she have a Cardiac Ablation.
We saw Dr. Vatsal Inamdar at Village Heart & Vein and were more than satisfied with his credentials, demeanor, knowledge and personality. However I am of the belief of “measure twice, cut once.” I believe since our insurance allows it that we obtain a second opinion at Shands in Gainesville.
Has anyone had this procedure, know of Dr. Inamdar, and what facility did you use? Please be kind with your responses we are both in need of compassion right now. We appreciate all the info we can obtain.
Is this for Afib? If so, is it paroxysmal (happens occasionally in episodes)? Or is it chronic? Also, she has to be able to tell (feel) when she is in Afib. Some people don't feel anything. I meet all those criteria. Mine is paroxysmal and I can feel immediately when it happens.

If she has paroxysmal Afib and can feel the flutter in her chest, write to me privately. I have had paroxysmal Afib since I was 32 (I'm 63 now). I refused the pills offered and instead looked for the cause of my Afib. While I did identify a couple of possible triggers, I also accidentally found a way to quickly convert back to a sinus rhythm. I shared it with doctors but they dismissed me because they can't make any money off of something that works without any help from the medical industry. It takes less than 30 seconds usually. It's been over 30 years since my first episode. I don't take any blood thinners or heart regulating drugs (or any drugs for that matter). I also don't even have a cardiologist. If you have Afib and can convert back to a sinus rhythm quickly, you effectively don't have it or the risks associated with it (stroke). I do reserve ablation as a possibility if my technique ever stops working. So far, it has been 100% effective 100% of the time.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:42 AM

I would highly recommend Shands in Gainesville! My husband has been a patient there and I think you are right about getting a second opinion
Old 01-29-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Hello, My wife was recently diagnosis with a heart arrhythmia and the physician recommended she have a Cardiac Ablation.
We saw Dr. Vatsal Inamdar at Village Heart & Vein and were more than satisfied with his credentials, demeanor, knowledge and personality. However I am of the belief of “measure twice, cut once.” I believe since our insurance allows it that we obtain a second opinion at Shands in Gainesville.
Has anyone had this procedure, know of Dr. Inamdar, and what facility did you use? Please be kind with your responses we are both in need of compassion right now. We appreciate all the info we can obtain.
Private message me. I had an ablation with Dr. Inamdar. I trust this man with my life. .
Old 01-29-2021, 08:58 AM

I had one done with Dr Miles at Shane’s. Very pleased with the outcome.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:09 AM

As a retired cardiac nurse I can tell you an ablation is a relatively safe procedure to basically (in English, not medical speak) cauterize the areas of the heart signal system to resolve arrhythmias - significantly decreasing risk for strokes.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:13 AM
Send a message via AIM to PWPOTE2000

My wife had afib. She was treated by Dr Inamdar. He transferred to Tampa, where he performed the ablation. He is a great Dr.,that’s why we followed him to Tampa. The operation was a success. Only one episode within 6 months. Since then he came back to the Villages and continued seeing her until she passed, from a totally different illness
Closed Thread

Tags
ablation, obtain, opinion, inamdar, heart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.