Ablation Opinion

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneman View Post
Hi Carla,
This is Gloria. I want you to know how deeply I appreciated your kind response. I was totally confident with Dr. Inamdar, he was very personable. My husband and I decided that a second opinion was the best choice. I am beginning the search for an Electrophysiologist at Shands but still may use Dr. Inamdar. He did a extended fellowship at the Mayo Clinic, among others so I feel he must know his stuff.
My lack of confidence lies in the choice of hospitals, The Villages or Leesburg.
Thanks once again, wish me luck. Prayers always accepted too! ������
Gloria
Dr. Imandar did my husband's heart mapping, ablation and pacemaker/IED two years ago. He is a kind and competent physician. We would recomend him highly. His followup with him was spot on. He's been out of AFIB for two years now with good meds. May it be the same for you.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:26 AM
Default Ablation Opinion

I had a non surgical cardioversion done two years ago for afib and was very satisfied.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Hello, My wife was recently diagnosis with a heart arrhythmia and the physician recommended she have a Cardiac Ablation.
We saw Dr. Vatsal Inamdar at Village Heart & Vein and were more than satisfied with his credentials, demeanor, knowledge and personality. However I am of the belief of “measure twice, cut once.” I believe since our insurance allows it that we obtain a second opinion at Shands in Gainesville.
Has anyone had this procedure, know of Dr. Inamdar, and what facility did you use? Please be kind with your responses we are both in need of compassion right now. We appreciate all the info we can obtain.
A-fib sucks, I know I have it. Dr Inamdar did my ablation several years ago and it has worked right up to a few months ago when I've had 2 occasions of A-fib in the last year. Saw him again recently and he thinks I may need another if only to look around but was not in a big hurry to put me in the hospital, (requires and overnight stay) because of all the Covid around. Will see him in March and by then have had my two shots for Covid. We'll go from there.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:31 AM

Hi know it’s not the same but Dr Inamdar put in my pacemaker a few years ago. When the ambulance brought me to The Villages Hospital, my pulse was down to 22 and there was a cardiologist waiting for me. He brought Dr Inamdar in to do the procedure. He did a great job, I was very pleased with him and I’m still feeling well.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:37 AM

How about PMing me with this quick method to get out of A-fib.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:51 AM

Dr. Celso Acevedo is THE best. Has a satellite office in Lady Lake. Performs at Ocala Regional. The hospital wanted him so much so that the built a brand new cath lab to his exact specifications. Had an ablation in 14. No problems since. Highly recommend Dr. Acevedo.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:12 AM

I've had three ablations on my lower back. I'm told nerves grow back sometimes in as little as 6 months. So, be prepared to have it done again in the future.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:22 AM

I’d be happy to talk with you offline. Sorry — don’t know how to PM you. I can give you info on Shands. Please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by KarenandJohn; 01-29-2021 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 01-29-2021, 11:07 AM

Go with Dr Inamdar. I switched from Shands to him and am quite. Satisfied.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Hello, My wife was recently diagnosis with a heart arrhythmia and the physician recommended she have a Cardiac Ablation.
We saw Dr. Vatsal Inamdar at Village Heart & Vein and were more than satisfied with his credentials, demeanor, knowledge and personality. However I am of the belief of “measure twice, cut once.” I believe since our insurance allows it that we obtain a second opinion at Shands in Gainesville.
Has anyone had this procedure, know of Dr. Inamdar, and what facility did you use? Please be kind with your responses we are both in need of compassion right now. We appreciate all the info we can obtain.
Go to Shands. They have a wonderful, experienced staff of heart doctors who know what they’re doing. My husband had the TAVR valve replacement there and was so glad he opted for Shands rather than Leesburg Hospital, where our Villages doctor wanted to send him.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:03 PM

Please research Dr. Miles at Shands. In my personal opinion, he’s brilliant.
Old 01-29-2021, 02:04 PM

I had a cardiac ablation done. I went to Shands and saw Dr. Miles. He’s fabulous and because of that you might have to wait a while to get an appointment. He came recommended to me by my Doctor Who had the same procedure done by Dr. Miles. I am very happy with it. I haven’t needed another one done so far and it has been over four years. I understand 50% of the people do have to have a second procedure done. Maybe if they do it right the first timeYou won’t have to have it redone. I had both the atrial flutter and the atrial fibulation taken care of. Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:04 PM

Hello to every one who responded to our request for knowledge, personal experience and suggestions, regarding my cardiac ablation. I contacted my Cardiologist who had originally referred me to the wonderful Dr. Inamdar, and he has now scheduled me with a Dr.Vilma Torres an Electrophysiologist at Shands. I will make my decision based on which Dr. I feel is more competent, with me their personality is a big plus as I’ve always used humor to mask my fears.
I wish to thank you all for sharing your experiences, input and advice. It meant more to me than I can relay to know that I’m not in this alone. I am a truly private person who does not often ask for assistance, but with this issue I felt so frightened and alone. You all made me feel confident that it will all be well. Blessings to you all.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:08 PM

Check out the Dr.s at the Shands. I had my heart ablation done many years ago. Still working great. You get more than one Dr. around the table. I am 84 an still working out every morning. Best of luck. The doctor I had has since moved out of state.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:57 PM

I highly recommend UF Health Cardiology, associated with Shands in Gainesville. My first ablation was done locally in May, and my afib returned within less than a week, and was worse. I was in afib much of the time, and completely exhausted and weak; and for a month my thighs were horribly bruised, very swollen and painful, as well. I sought a referral to Shands, and had a second ablation at the Heart & Vascular Hospital there in November. The team was wonderful; and only small, minor bruising about the size of a quarter at the incision sites, compared to the previous experience. After several weeks I experienced normal sinus rhythm much of the time, and after 6 weeks I was able to walk 2 miles, with no more afib. I know each person is different; however, for me, I will always seek a major hospital for any procedure, and in this case, an academic hospital where the physicians are also professors teaching the subject, many involved in research, and where I believe the best, most recent techniques are practiced.
Closed Thread

Tags
ablation, obtain, opinion, inamdar, heart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.