Alliant Dermatology

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2020, 07:27 AM
Default Alliant Dermatology

Hubby went to his appointment with his Dermatologist yesterday, and was informed his doctor (and Two Others) were no longer there. Nobody called him to notify of his doctor's departure. What is going on there? His doctor was Dr. Brandon Marcus. Anyone know where he is now? Generally, when a doctor leaves the Practice, a letter is sent to his Patients. Not happy that this Group did not offer that courtesy!

Last edited by sunny70; 04-15-2020 at 07:30 AM. Reason: incorrect name of Dermatology group. Should be Alliant
Old 04-15-2020, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,773 Times in 5,272 Posts

Do you mean Alliant Dermatology?
Old 04-15-2020, 07:47 AM

Yes, see correction! It's early!!
Old 04-15-2020, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,743 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny70 View Post
Hubby went to his appointment with his Dermatologist yesterday, and was informed his doctor (and Two Others) were no longer there. Nobody called him to notify of his doctor's departure. What is going on there? His doctor was Dr. Brandon Marcus. Anyone know where he is now? Generally, when a doctor leaves the Practice, a letter is sent to his Patients. Not happy that this Group did not offer that courtesy!
What was the staff's response when your husband asked where Dr. Marcus went?
Old 04-15-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Did they say; "They aren't here"....meaning that the practice was temporarily closed and the doctors were sheltering at home? I would suspect that is happening. Many dermatological patients do not face IMMEDIATE life threatening problems and doctors EVERYWHERE are cancelling all procedures that are not emergencies. Our dentist has moved back our appointments twice now. Why don't you call them back and find out if they have moved or are just doing what the world is doing right now.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:09 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Did they say; "They aren't here"....meaning that the practice was temporarily closed and the doctors were sheltering at home? I would suspect that is happening. Many dermatological patients do not face IMMEDIATE life threatening problems and doctors EVERYWHERE are cancelling all procedures that are not emergencies. Our dentist has moved back our appointments twice now. Why don't you call them back and find out if they have moved or are just doing what the world is doing right now.

If you go to their website, click on providers. Knapp, Marcus and PA Gates are not listed.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

He has a large staff now, but even when it was only Dr. Casper and his PA Jennifer Davis, I wasn't informed when she moved to Arizona. Jennifer was fantastic, when I had an auto-immune and thyroid problem, after several trips to the VA dermatology in Gainesville and even 2 biopsies were taken, they couldn't figure out the problem. They helped relieve the symptoms with Prednisone and and a heavy ointment, but it would come back.

When I saw Jennifer, within 30 seconds (no exaggeration) and no tests, she told me exactly what was wrong, and it was two things. I took action and no more problems. Then she left without any notice until my next visit and I was given Dr. Heather Gates. I didn't have any problems but she did my examinations and seemed competent. Now, Jennifer Davis is back. If you want someone who is highly skilled, ask for her.

The Villages Florida

Alliant Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center - Mrs. Jen Davis, PA-C
Old 04-15-2020, 08:30 AM

Dentist did not notify me, had to call to cancel appointment, that's when I got a answering machine telling me they were closed until further notice.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage

I did get a letter from the Villages Health about six weeks ago that my doctor at Brownwood, Dr. Raquet is no longer with the Villages. I did get a call last week that I need to be scheduled for my normal visit, and it will be with PA Troy Black on the 30th via video conference using my computer camera, if I have that setup. They wiil email me a link to use.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:04 AM

When Hubby asked where Dr. Marcus went, the response was "I have no idea"!
Old 04-15-2020, 09:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Maybe some of the retired Doc's on this site can weigh in, but I can certainly see where a practice would not divulge where a physician who left the practice set up shop.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Sometimes they don't know, when I asked the receptionist at Alliant five years ago about Jennifer, they told me right away Arizona because she wanted to be near family. When I asked the Villages this month about Dr. Raquet, they said, they didn't know.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
He has a large staff now, but even when it was only Dr. Casper and his PA Jennifer Davis, I wasn't informed when she moved to Arizona. Jennifer was fantastic, when I had an auto-immune and thyroid problem, after several trips to the VA dermatology in Gainesville and even 2 biopsies were taken, they couldn't figure out the problem. They helped relieve the symptoms with Prednisone and and a heavy ointment, but it would come back.

When I saw Jennifer, within 30 seconds (no exaggeration) and no tests, she told me exactly what was wrong, and it was two things. I took action and no more problems. Then she left without any notice until my next visit and I was given Dr. Heather Gates. I didn't have any problems but she did my examinations and seemed competent. Now, Jennifer Davis is back. If you want someone who is highly skilled, ask for her.

The Villages Florida

Alliant Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center - Mrs. Jen Davis, PA-C
I fully agree. I am a huge fan of Jen Davis. She had a tremendous bedside manner with my mom, and I have seen her for routine visits. I cannot speak highly enough about her.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,387 Posts

I just called Alliant to make an appointment.
I was disappointed to hear that Heather the PA was no longer with Alliant.
They did offer an appointment with JEN DAVIS for this Friday.
Unless there are two of them she is either back from AZ or never left or...?...
Old 04-15-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I just called Alliant to make an appointment.
I was disappointed to hear that Heather the PA was no longer with Alliant.
They did offer an appointment with JEN DAVIS for this Friday.
Unless there are two of them she is either back from AZ or never left or...?...
Jen Davis left, but has since returned.
Closed Thread

Tags
doctor, generally, leaves, practice, letter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.