-------------Angel Tafur- Bad Dr. and Staff--------------

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Default -------------Angel Tafur- Bad Dr. and Staff--------------

Im a vet for the U.S ARMY I went to his office a few months ago since i had an appointment and the front desk staff was very rude, turning me away, telling me that i was late and the doctor will not see me. The appointment was as written on the card but she entered a different time in the computer. She wouldnt even look at the card because she knew what she had done. I had to ask myself if she was racist. But i left when she wouldnt give me the time of day. Weeks later I ran into the doctor and let him know of the incident. He apparently spoke to the front desk staff and what they entered into the computer was one huge lie.He believed it and spoke to me really bad telling me that I needed to get off my high cloud because there are lots of doctors and he does not need me. Yes, I am a young man with lots of medical issues. I was told that this man was a top of the line doctor but my resources were wrong. If i did not need a good doctor, i wouldnt have gone to him but with his staff covering their faults with lies and him believing it shows me that this doctor does not care for the people out there looking for help and looking for someone with good moral standings and ethics that they can trust with their health. People, just be aware and be careful of him and other family doctors who talks to you or your loved ones disrespectfully and like trash.

Last edited by leon0000; 06-01-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Gold member

Not to sure of this. Post 1
Old 06-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I wasn't sure about it either for the same reason. However, I was referred to Talfur when I moved here and saw him once. Once! I didn't have the same experience but I did have issues from the appointment. I don't want to get into part of it, but there was one thing that made me doubt him.

I needed to get a form from him to get my FL handicapped placard. He told me that he would have to give me authorization for a temporary red placard for the first 6 months then give me the permanent one. He said it was the DMV regulation that required him to do that! Buzzz! Red flag! He let me leave with no letter what-so-ever. Not believing him I looked into it myself afterward and found no such regulation.

That was my last visit with Talfur. I now have a new provider that I feel as comfortable with as my former provider from NY. Letter from DMV? No problem! Some of the other issues with Talfur? No problems!

So I would not write off what the OP stated. Experience tells me that there is creditability in what's stated!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Sage

The doctor aside.....I've had to see various doctors in TV due to some issues I have and a handful of times I've experienced "bad" people skills with the front desk people. Either they haven't been trained properly or "stuff" comes down from the top...but have to say that first impressions begin in the reception room sometimes. Doesn't always transcend back to the practioner so it's a good thing you at least made the effort to complain. The doc's responses were less than professional.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Gold member

Like the doc but have found staff rude and am deciding if I will stay of go because of them.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Im a vet for the U.S ARMY I went to his office a few months ago since i had an appointment and the front desk staff was very rude, turning me away, telling me that i was late and the doctor will not see me...
You're an Army Vet, so am I but is this relative to the situation? Is this a VA doctor at the Mulberry clinic? Maybe before you jump straight into the grievance you could lay out some background information. Especially since this is your first post it would really help if we knew the circumstances and what remedy you've tried.

All your post is telling me is I should beware of Dr. Tafur. Are you asking for advice? You say you're a young man, do you realize this message board is mostly made up of seniors? Are you just giving us a heads up on this doctor? Looking for another doctor maybe, what kind of doctor is Tafur? Did your insurance company send you to Tafur? Were you referred by another doctor or found his name in the phone book? I don't know what to tell you, without a little more of the facts I'm just grasping for straws.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:40 PM

OMG...I am so surprise of these post about Dr. Tafur & Staff...I have been going to him for years as well as many of my friends & family.... I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Tafur, his staff or his wife....
Old 06-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Gold member

[QUOTE=John_W;500272]You're an Army Vet, so am I but is this relative to the situation? Is this a VA doctor at the Mulberry clinic? Maybe before you jump straight into the grievance you could lay out some background information. Especially since this is your first post it would really help if we knew the circumstances and what remedy you've tried.

All your post is telling me is I should beware of Dr. Tafur. Are you asking for advice? You say you're a young man, do you realize this message board is mostly made up of seniors? Are you just giving us a heads up on this doctor? Looking for another doctor maybe, what kind of doctor is Tafur? Did your insurance company send you to Tafur? Were you referred by another doctor or found his name in the phone book? I don't know what to tell you, without a little more of the facts I'm just grasping for straws.

whats with the racist card -- whats with the retired army card --whats with the "I am a young man ????---maybe tv is not for you- there aren't many people with you attitude in TV I would suggest you look for some place more to your liking -- I am quite sure there are plenty of them
Old 06-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Veteran member

Hubby and I had our first visit with Dr. Tafur about a week ago. While I can't say much for his office staff, we found him to be proficient and interested in our care. His bedside manner may not be perfect, but I'm not paying a doctor to coddle me. I'm paying him to review my medical history and figure out a path for care. I didn't like he wouldn't let hubby and I be in the same room together, but I guess we can deal with that. We are going to keep our 2nd appointments and see how it goes.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Gold member

No disrespect intended, but this sounds more like a rant vs an objective overview of the experience.

I do hope things work out for the OP.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.