Buying new glasses

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2021, 07:06 AM
Default Buying new glasses

Just got UHC supplemental insurance--not an Advantage plan. Looks like they have a discount deal with Lens Crafters. In your experience, is it worth it to drive to Ocala for this deal, or are there comparable prices closer by? Thanks!

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 04-02-2021, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,381 Times in 2,325 Posts

We found Hindsight (Pinellas Plaza) to be very good, much less than the ones in the doctors office and usually same day service. They also service the glasses at no charge, so you would avoid additional trips to Ocala, just my humble opinion.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:27 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

I get the prescription, then buy from zenni optical. 10 pairs at a time because they are cheap and I don't care if I lose them. I tend to set them down on every horizontal surface in the house!

But, I get reading glass prescriptions and computer glass prescriptions only. Usually the $6 a pair ones..

zennioptical.com
Old 04-02-2021, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,962 Times in 5,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
Just got UHC supplemental insurance--not an Advantage plan. Looks like they have a discount deal with Lens Crafters. In your experience, is it worth it to drive to Ocala for this deal, or are there comparable prices closer by? Thanks!
Not worth it. You will save more money by buying prescription glasses from zenni.com. They start at about 7 dollars a pair

It sounds more like a sales gimmick than an insurance plan.
Closed Thread

Tags
deal, buying, ocala, experience, worth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.