Dr. Coy is great, but he is on a personal leave of absence
Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Normal doc

Dr Felix Agbo LSL

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 AM

I just started seeing Dr Agbo and really like him. I am getting necessary lab work and not a bunch of costly tests.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel222 View Post
I'm still looking for a "normal" doctor ... You know one that sees a healthy person and doesn't need to send them for a dozen tests they don't need. I have tried three doctors in TV without one being "normal". I have brought all my records with me with current copies of my tests but still haven't found a doctor that says "see you next year for your annual".

I have been told of a Dr. Coy but don't know anything about him. Any comments?

Any help would be appreciated....thanks!
Forgive me, but if you have test records that are current enough that you are comfortable with them, and you consider yourself a healthy person, why have you been to 3 different doctors? Why not just wait until you feel it's time for new tests or you get sick? I understand wanting to have a family doctor who is familiar with you, before you get sick. Is that your intent?

Something else that may be a concern....is to me...I went to a family doctor here in TV not too long after we arrived. I had not been to a doctor in several years, so it was time for all the tests, exam, etc. I saw the doctor for about 5 minutes, he ordered all the tests, then everytime I go back for results, I see the PA. On 2 occasions, the PA has suggested a treatment (nothing serious), and when I questioned him, he had to go find the doctor and ask him. Both times, the doctor changed the treatment plan. My point being, if I had just done what the PA suggested, it would have been wrong. Or maybe it would have been right, and the doctor was wrong. Either way, it makes me a bit uncomfortable.

And I have never even MET my gynocologist!! Nurse practitioner handles it all, including biopsies. I met my dermatologist once, when he was removing a spot. Exams all done by someone other than the doctor. BTW, I don't feel real confident about that, either.

I am hoping to get in on the new Villages Health Care program.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:11 PM

We have 2 Primary Care Doctors. Dr Seth Perkins and Dr Alain Smolarski that are both amazingly normal doctors. We also have an amazing GYN in Dr. Oscar Osario. To add to it we have two amazing hand surgeons in Dr. Harding and Dr. Chin. We also provide a lab in our Lady Lake office right across the street from Target. Dr's Perkins, Smolarski, and Osorio can all be seen at either the Lady Lake office or the Lake Sumter Landing Office. you can call Primary Care at 753-6886 or GYN at 391-6464
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by casita37 View Post
Forgive me, but......

Something else that may be a concern....is to me...I went to a family doctor here in TV not too long after we arrived. I had not been to a doctor in several years, so it was time for all the tests, exam, etc. I saw the doctor for about 5 minutes, he ordered all the tests, then everytime I go back for results, I see the PA. On 2 occasions, the PA has suggested a treatment (nothing serious), and when I questioned him, he had to go find the doctor and ask him. Both times, the doctor changed the treatment plan. My point being, if I had just done what the PA suggested, it would have been wrong. Or maybe it would have been right, and the doctor was wrong. Either way, it makes me a bit uncomfortable.

And I [COLOR="rgb(245, 222, 179)"]have never even MET my gynocologist!! Nurse practitioner handles it all, including biopsies.[/COLOR] I met my dermatologist once, when he was removing a spot. Exams all done by someone other than the doctor. BTW, I don't feel real confident about that, either.

I am hoping to get in on the new Villages Health Care program.
The scenarios you describe above are going to be more and more common as more and more people are being added to Medicare and Medicaid, with the shortage of primary care and family practice doctors that already exists before these large additions of patients having new, public insurance coverage. For example, California is working on legislating that:

"Pharmacists and optometrists could act as primary care providers, diagnosing and managing some chronic illnesses, such as diabetes and high-blood pressure...."

Amongst other big concerns, this certainly makes me wonder how the endocrinologist, for example, will be viewed as needed or not, and whether they will be trained and paid in the future.

Facing doctor shortage, lawmakers want to redefine healthcare roles - latimes.com
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.