Is it Any Wonder The Public is Confused and Suspicious

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2023, 12:43 PM
Gold member
Default Is it Any Wonder The Public is Confused and Suspicious

Switzerland will not recommend a COVID-19 vaccine for its citizens, even for those at high risk of experiencing severe illness from contracting the virus. A study performed in Basel Switzerland highlighted that "subclinical mRNA vaccine-associated myocardial injury is much more common than estimated based on passive surveillance. Up to 3000 times." In other words, the active surveillance conducted by the researchers revealed a significantly higher prevalence of heart damage compared to the passive surveillance systems, such as the federal government's VAERS. In fact, in a study with only 777 participants with a median age of 37--all medical professionals getting the COVID vaccine–the incidence of elevated cardiac enzymes 3 days after injection was pretty substantial, at almost 3%. How can there be such a variance in what countries tell their citizens? The USA Is suggesting vaccines for toddlers while European countries advise against getting the vaccine/boosters. If you have a good relationship (rare in today's world) with your doctor you can discuss what would be right for you. Regrettably the relationship and trust many of us had with our doctor in the past are just that, in the past.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
Switzerland will not recommend a COVID-19 vaccine for its citizens, even for those at high risk of experiencing severe illness from contracting the virus. A study performed in Basel Switzerland highlighted that "subclinical mRNA vaccine-associated myocardial injury is much more common than estimated based on passive surveillance. Up to 3000 times." In other words, the active surveillance conducted by the researchers revealed a significantly higher prevalence of heart damage compared to the passive surveillance systems, such as the federal government's VAERS. In fact, in a study with only 777 participants with a median age of 37--all medical professionals getting the COVID vaccine–the incidence of elevated cardiac enzymes 3 days after injection was pretty substantial, at almost 3%. How can there be such a variance in what countries tell their citizens? The USA Is suggesting vaccines for toddlers while European countries advise against getting the vaccine/boosters. If you have a good relationship (rare in today's world) with your doctor you can discuss what would be right for you. Regrettably the relationship and trust many of us had with our doctor in the past are just that, in the past.
Too many studies and too difficult to compare. In this case it looks like an apples to oranges situation.

The Swiss study looked at 777 hospital workers and not a sampling of the population.

The article acknowledges that while myocarditis primarily affects young men, the participants in this study were middle-aged women.

The Swiss study took samples to find elevated enzymes while the CDC study looked at diagnosed cases.

The article about the Swiss study mentions a 3% occurrence rate but also mentions that myocarditis complications occur in about 3% of cases. Using just those numbers you might expect a 0.09% rate of cases that rise to the level of being noticed and requiring attention. This is still 90 times higher than the CDC rate but far less than the factor of 3,000 mentioned in the article.

Perhaps the US needs a better study in order to compare apples to apples with the Swiss study (maybe it already exists somewhere).

Conflicting studies certainly drive confusion and skepticism.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-02-2023, 01:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

“ The COVID-19 vaccine isn't banned in Switzerland. The country isn't recommending vaccination for the spring and summer of 2023 because of high vaccination and recovery rates across the country. However, the vaccine is still available for high-risk individuals who consult with a doctor” April 17 2023
Old 08-02-2023, 02:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Seems like “the rest of the story”, follows.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
“ The COVID-19 vaccine isn't banned in Switzerland. The country isn't recommending vaccination for the spring and summer of 2023 because of high vaccination and recovery rates across the country. However, the vaccine is still available for high-risk individuals who consult with a doctor” April 17 2023
Where did it say banned? They said wouldn't recommend. Politics, philosophy, food, these I can see varied opinions but medicine ?
England along with several other European countries—including Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Denmark—do not offer or recommend mRNA vaccines to healthy young children.
In the United States, on the other hand, some cities are pushing in a different direction.
In Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser is embroiled in a bitter battle over her order that all students must be vaccinated for Covid-19 for in-person learning in schools. I assume there is a reason countries are not offering or recommending it to children. Risk vs benefit? Dangerous? Do the doctors in the US not see or agree with the risks that the other countries speak of? The virus has been around long enough where we should have comprehensive peer reviewed studies.
Especially when dealing with our children, I would hope for agreement from the experts of different countries. There are a few doctors on TOTV, maybe they can help clarify the different views taken by countries.

Last edited by Whitley; 08-02-2023 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
An old expression do not waste time worrying about things you can do nothing about. Covid 19.
You cannot untake the vaccine. Government, we the people demanded action. If, doing nothing was a best choice we would not accept government sayng we have decided to do nothing.

Relationship, trust in your doctor? They even have a word for that-GOOGLE MEDICINE. We need to deal with what is, rather than what was. Long gone are the days when the doctor would make house calls and the charge was five dollars.

An operation? The doctor does surgery on tuesday. I had cataract surgery. There is a follow up.
Best I could tell the doctor does over 12 in a day. Medicare. They figure the doctor should see four patients an hour. He she does not have the time to be the old time family doctor.

Getting a covid shot. I remember waking up early to win a lottery to get an appointment. Valid data? It would be unethical to do valid research. Giving some a placebo and comparing the infection rate to the group that was vacinated.

Even the shots. I took the physer shot, some got Johnson and Johnson some moiderna and there may have been others.

Input from people. The salk, polio vaccine became widely available in 1955. I was 4 or 5. You had to get the shot to go to school. We did not debate it. I recall my mother talking about parents fear of polio and what a horror it was for many.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,520 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
This is word salad. VAERS is a "data-collection" depository, where anyone can report anything, related or not, with regards to vaccines. Someone can say "I was vaccinated with the flu shot last week and the next afternoon I fell off a ladder and broke my leg." The two have nothing to do with each other, but it sits in VAERS. There are actual entries in VAERS by people who claimed they were killed by vaccines. Obviously - they weren't killed. If they were, they wouldn't have been able to submit the entry.

There are entries about dog bites following vaccines, people getting skin rashes while working in their wooded back yard following vaccines (poison ivy, anyone?), people suddenly becoming allergic to something following vaccines (they would've become allergic to whatever it was, even if they hadn't been vaccinated).

So don't look at VAERS as a valid or appropriate source of information about vaccines. Please read the Adverse Event Reporting Fact Sheet here: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/pd...factsheet1.pdf

to help you understand further the function of VAERS.

2. Switzerland stopped recommending vaccines for the current season because the Swiss aren't getting sick or infected much anymore, as most of them either have acquired an immunity through exposure, or have already been sick with it and acquired their immunity that way. Their decision had nothing to do with heart enzymes.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
I am far from an expert. I recall reading that the normal path for a pandemic runs around three years. Initially there is a strain more likely to kill. When, is disease kills it is less able to be spread.
Covid weakened became less likely to kill. We even had people with no symptoms but would and could spread it to others.

For those who state they do not trust their doctor. Reality, personality yours or theirs in any case, the solution is truly simple time to find another doctor
Old 08-03-2023, 05:48 AM
Default Vaccine

Follow the money.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:06 AM

Those of us reading and writing about this are alive and likely so because we either had the vaccines or the majority of those who live around us did. All of us were in the high risk category at least because of our age. That’s enough proof for me.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

The COVID vaccines are considered gene therapy by some professionals. Of course this draws extreme outrage by some supporters of them.

But there can be no debate that they are radically different than the traditional vaccines we received in childhood.

This technology uses mRNA enveloped in a lipid (fat) sphere. The vaccine is then introduced into the body, where the body’s immune cells take up the vaccine particles and reveal the mRNA. The mRNA gives the cell “code” to create a protein similar to the “spike” protein on the coronavirus’ surface. The immune cell then releases that protein to other immune cells, triggering an immune response that includes antibody production and activation of specialized cells to find and kill coronaviruses bearing that spike protein and any host cells infected.

Different Types of Vaccines | History of Vaccines

A small percentage suffer life threatening side effects but because of politics and greed, they often do not receive just compensation as the law requires.

It is a shame that today that we can not have true scientific discourse unaffected by corrupt ulterior motives.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
This is word salad. VAERS is a "data-collection" depository, where anyone can report anything, related or not, with regards to vaccines. Someone can say "I was vaccinated with the flu shot last week and the next afternoon I fell off a ladder and broke my leg." The two have nothing to do with each other, but it sits in VAERS. There are actual entries in VAERS by people who claimed they were killed by vaccines. Obviously - they weren't killed. If they were, they wouldn't have been able to submit the entry.

There are entries about dog bites following vaccines, people getting skin rashes while working in their wooded back yard following vaccines (poison ivy, anyone?), people suddenly becoming allergic to something following vaccines (they would've become allergic to whatever it was, even if they hadn't been vaccinated).

So don't look at VAERS as a valid or appropriate source of information about vaccines. Please read the Adverse Event Reporting Fact Sheet here: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/pd...factsheet1.pdf

to help you understand further the function of VAERS.

2. Switzerland stopped recommending vaccines for the current season because the Swiss aren't getting sick or infected much anymore, as most of them either have acquired an immunity through exposure, or have already been sick with it and acquired their immunity that way. Their decision had nothing to do with heart enzymes.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:21 AM
Veteran member

I have taken all the covid vaccines offered and other than getting after day reactions, which my wife never got I survived.
I remember during the height of the pandemic many people in their hospital death beds who did not get the vaccine urging people to do so.
Just the other day on TV there was a poll showing the amount of people who died in states where people were most likely vaccine deniers.
I don't know if it works or not but when it comes to life, I believe whatever prevention they offer I will take.
But in my lifetime, I took enough recreational drugs to kill a horse and I'm still above ground.
So, everyone should do what is best for them and forget all the noise on both sides.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:23 AM

Yeah right...Vaers is a difficult and time consuming report to fill out, tell me why a Dr would do that, it's not filled out by the patient...Knowing full well they "fell off a ladder and broke my leg comparison" this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Obviously we know your decision, and you're trying to cover for that poor judgment. I know someone who did die directly from blood clots with in a week of having forced vaccination because they were in the medical field. Such blatant casual disregard of the seriousness of side effects is upsetting, tell that family your uneducated comments..

Last edited by Cobullymom; 08-03-2023 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2023, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
Yeah right...Vaers is a difficult and time consuming report to fill out, tell me why a Dr would do that, it's not filled out by the patient...Knowing full well they "fell off a ladder and broke my leg comparison" this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Obviously we know your decision, and you're trying to cover for that poor judgment. I know someone who did die directly from blood clots with in a week of having forced vaccination because they were in the medical field. Such blatant casual disregard of the seriousness of side effects is upsetting, tell that family your uneducated comments..
A while ago when I was looking into VAERS to dispute some misinformation on here I looked at a few of the adverse reactions linked to COVID vaccines. In one case or a death after taking the COVID vaccine it noted in the comment section that this patient had recently chosen to discontinue their dialysis treatments. But sure, it was the vaccine that killed them. In another record the adverse reaction that was noted was the death of the patient's dog.

Is it logical to think that a medical professional would generate entries that attempted to link the COVID vaccine to the death of a patient who refused dialysis and the death of a dog?

Some few entries are truly ridiculous but they do exist.

Anyone can generate a VAERS entry. From the VAERS website:
Anyone can report an adverse event to VAERS. Healthcare professionals are required to report certain adverse events and vaccine manufacturers are required to report all adverse events that come to their attention.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
surveillance, relationship, study, passive, countries

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.