Is it Any Wonder The Public is Confused and Suspicious

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2023, 06:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
Switzerland will not recommend a COVID-19 vaccine for its citizens, even for those at high risk of experiencing severe illness from contracting the virus. A study performed in Basel Switzerland highlighted that "subclinical mRNA vaccine-associated myocardial injury is much more common than estimated based on passive surveillance. Up to 3000 times." In other words, the active surveillance conducted by the researchers revealed a significantly higher prevalence of heart damage compared to the passive surveillance systems, such as the federal government's VAERS. In fact, in a study with only 777 participants with a median age of 37--all medical professionals getting the COVID vaccine–the incidence of elevated cardiac enzymes 3 days after injection was pretty substantial, at almost 3%. How can there be such a variance in what countries tell their citizens? The USA Is suggesting vaccines for toddlers while European countries advise against getting the vaccine/boosters. If you have a good relationship (rare in today's world) with your doctor you can discuss what would be right for you. Regrettably the relationship and trust many of us had with our doctor in the past are just that, in the past.
Two of my friends got Covid three weeks ago, within a day of each other, but 250 miles apart. Both seemed really sick. Both had been vaccinated once, shortly after the vaccines became available, so the vaccines were no longer very effective. Both women were healthy and active. One, age 69, went to the doctor because her “severe cold” seemed to be turning into bronchitis. Testing showed she had Covid. He lit her on Paxlovid at once. The next morning she felt much better, and later that day was cleaning her house. The other woman, 63, also finally went to her doctor because she felt so bad. She was also found to have Covid, but she avoids taking medications (except for herbal meds, some of which she grows). She refused Paxlovid. More than a week later, she told me it had been really bad, though she wasn’t hospitalized. She could have saved herself a week of suffering.

LOTS of prescribed drugs (and lots of herbal meds) have side effects that hit a certain percentage of people. Millions of people take drugs that are so problematic that weekly or monthly blood tests are required to check for heart, liver, or kidney functions. If a Covid vaccine has side effects that affect a small number of people for a few days, what’s new? Paxlovid is made by Pfizer and has a lot more dropout interactions to watch for than the vaccine, yet a lot of people who won’t take the vaccine will be Paxlovid. Good friends of mine died from Covid—father and son, 2,000 miles apart. The wife/mother nearly died, but her dementia was badly exacerbated, and when she got out of rehab she no longer knew the na,e of her late husband or felt bad about his death. Before Covid, she was completely devoted to him.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
This is word salad. VAERS is a "data-collection" depository, where anyone can report anything, related or not, with regards to vaccines. Someone can say "I was vaccinated with the flu shot last week and the next afternoon I fell off a ladder and broke my leg." The two have nothing to do with each other, but it sits in VAERS. There are actual entries in VAERS by people who claimed they were killed by vaccines. Obviously - they weren't killed. If they were, they wouldn't have been able to submit the entry.

There are entries about dog bites following vaccines, people getting skin rashes while working in their wooded back yard following vaccines (poison ivy, anyone?), people suddenly becoming allergic to something following vaccines (they would've become allergic to whatever it was, even if they hadn't been vaccinated).

So don't look at VAERS as a valid or appropriate source of information about vaccines. Please read the Adverse Event Reporting Fact Sheet here: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/pd...factsheet1.pdf

to help you understand further the function of VAERS.

2. Switzerland stopped recommending vaccines for the current season because the Swiss aren't getting sick or infected much anymore, as most of them either have acquired an immunity through exposure, or have already been sick with it and acquired their immunity that way. Their decision had nothing to do with heart enzymes.
It was not "word salad" at all...

And while your primer on VAERS is appreciated, it is irrelevant to the discussion, since the Swiss study didn't use VAERS and explained why it was not helpful...

ONE of the reasons the Swiss stopped recommending the vaccines MAY be due to their high compliance rate, but this study pointed out the SIGNIFICANT rise in Heart Issues post vaccine...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-03-2023, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Switzerland will not recommend a COVID-19 vaccine for its citizens, even for those at high risk of experiencing severe illness from contracting the virus. A study performed in Basel Switzerland {various data}
If you're going to post something like this, a link to your source would be helpful for those who
1. wish to read the entire article.
2. verify it is from what they consider to be a reputable source.
3. save us the trouble of attempting to Google it and then guess which of the results is the one you are sourcing.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2023, 07:29 AM

I haven’t been confused for even a second. I made up my mind what I wanted to do and did it. I don’t feel the need to discuss my decision with everyone to confirm that I made the correct choice. I have to live with the consequences of my decisions - no one else.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Switzerland will not recommend a COVID-19 vaccine for its citizens, even for those at high risk of experiencing severe illness from contracting the virus. A study performed in Basel Switzerland highlighted that "subclinical mRNA vaccine-associated myocardial injury is much more common than estimated based on passive surveillance. Up to 3000 times." In other words, the active surveillance conducted by the researchers revealed a significantly higher prevalence of heart damage compared to the passive surveillance systems, such as the federal government's VAERS. In fact, in a study with only 777 participants with a median age of 37--all medical professionals getting the COVID vaccine–the incidence of elevated cardiac enzymes 3 days after injection was pretty substantial, at almost 3%. How can there be such a variance in what countries tell their citizens? The USA Is suggesting vaccines for toddlers while European countries advise against getting the vaccine/boosters. If you have a good relationship (rare in today's world) with your doctor you can discuss what would be right for you. Regrettably the relationship and trust many of us had with our doctor in the past are just that, in the past.
Which vaccine was the study done with in Switzerland? Could make a big difference.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
I haven’t been confused for even a second. I made up my mind what I wanted to do and did it. I don’t feel the need to discuss my decision with everyone to confirm that I made the correct choice. I have to live with the consequences of my decisions - no one else.
Assuming you went with the scientific experts and had the vaccine, I agree.
I seem to notice that the people still looking for anti-Covid Vaccine stories, are always the skeptics who never were vaccinated.
Are they still unsure of their choice, even paranoid of it?
Most who are vaccinated seem quite happy with their decision, and just get on with their lives.

Last edited by Two Bills; 08-03-2023 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
This is word salad. VAERS is a "data-collection" depository, where anyone can report anything, related or not, with regards to vaccines. Someone can say "I was vaccinated with the flu shot last week and the next afternoon I fell off a ladder and broke my leg." The two have nothing to do with each other, but it sits in VAERS. There are actual entries in VAERS by people who claimed they were killed by vaccines. Obviously - they weren't killed. If they were, they wouldn't have been able to submit the entry.

There are entries about dog bites following vaccines, people getting skin rashes while working in their wooded back yard following vaccines (poison ivy, anyone?), people suddenly becoming allergic to something following vaccines (they would've become allergic to whatever it was, even if they hadn't been vaccinated).

So don't look at VAERS as a valid or appropriate source of information about vaccines. Please read the Adverse Event Reporting Fact Sheet here: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/pd...factsheet1.pdf

to help you understand further the function of VAERS.

2. Switzerland stopped recommending vaccines for the current season because the Swiss aren't getting sick or infected much anymore, as most of them either have acquired an immunity through exposure, or have already been sick with it and acquired their immunity that way. Their decision had nothing to do with heart enzymes.
If you take into account that VAERS reports are overstated, than the difference between Vaers and the study in Basel Switzerland is even more significant.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:03 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
If you're going to post something like this, a link to your source would be helpful for those who
1. wish to read the entire article.
2. verify it is from what they consider to be a reputable source.
3. save us the trouble of attempting to Google it and then guess which of the results is the one you are sourcing.

Thanks
Type in Basel Switzerland Covid Vax and you will get many hits. I will post one for you.
The first link below "Just A Moment" is the actual study. The other two discuss it.

Just a moment...

Myocarditis Heart Damage in 1 Out of 35 Covid Vaccinations | NextBigFuture.com

Swiss study: heart injuries from COVID vaccine 3000x higher than thought – HotAir
Old 08-03-2023, 08:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I agree.
I seem to notice that the people still looking for anti-Covid Vaccine stories, are always the skeptics who never were vaccinated.
Are they still unsure of their choice, even paranoid of it?
Most who are vaccinated seem quite happy with their decision, and just get on with their lives.
Or maybe they had a 58 year old friend who just died from myocarditis. Maybe the person asking IS vaccinated and concerned about continuing with boosters.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
It was not "word salad" at all...

And while your primer on VAERS is appreciated, it is irrelevant to the discussion, since the Swiss study didn't use VAERS and explained why it was not helpful...

ONE of the reasons the Swiss stopped recommending the vaccines MAY be due to their high compliance rate, but this study pointed out the SIGNIFICANT rise in Heart Issues post vaccine...
Thank you for presenting it better than I did.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,516 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
The only times your last statement would be false:

IF your decision is to NOT vaccinate, AND you became sick, AND you chose not to isolate, AND you got other people sick.

Then, other people would absolutely have to live with the consequences of your decisions.

OR

If your decision is to NOT vaccinate, AND you became sick, AND you did isolate, AND other people who normally would rely on you for things are not able to rely on you for things, AND a hospital bed had to be taken up by you, with the nursing and physician staff attending, AND someone else had to walk your dog, AND someone had to take out your trash, or feed you, or bring you groceries, or whatever else.

Then, other people would absolutely have to live with the consequences of your decisions.
Old 08-03-2023, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Or maybe they had a 58 year old friend who just died from myocarditis. Maybe the person asking IS vaccinated and concerned about continuing with boosters.
Then he should see his doctor……and not ask for advice on social media!
Old 08-03-2023, 08:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,973 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Then he should see his doctor……and not ask for advice on social media!
Agree 100%
Old 08-03-2023, 08:58 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Plenty of vaccinated people got covid and spread it. I am no longer listening to media hype and world illness stories, especially from a pack of liars in the media and medical community who refused to listen to common sense and face facts. Children don't need shots and the facts show that, in fact, only severely compromised kids died of the disease, otherwise they fared well. If you do not listen to the facts where they are presented and proved to be true by the numbers, why should I believe anything else you say?
Old 08-03-2023, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,516 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Type in Basel Switzerland Covid Vax and you will get many hits. I will post one for you.
The first link below "Just A Moment" is the actual study. The other two discuss it.

Just a moment...

Myocarditis Heart Damage in 1 Out of 35 Covid Vaccinations | NextBigFuture.com

Swiss study: heart injuries from COVID vaccine 3000x higher than thought – HotAir
wiley.com is a sales website a publications company that specializes in educational materials. They are in the business of making money off publishing things. It doesn't really matter what - which is evident by the fact that they misspell a pretty important word on their main page; 'Shop Addmissions Tests" The study data appears on their website.

The nextbigfuture.com article uses the same study and analyzes it, comparing it to other studies. The writer of the article is not an immunologist, or a medical scientist. One of the comments reminds everyone that if you look at the entire population - you'll see an increased risk of myocarditis among people who contract COVID is 7 times WORSE than the risk of getting it as a result of the vaccine.

David Strom is a bloviated alt-right propaganda writer. His opinion about any subject at all is 100% irrelevant.
Closed Thread

Tags
surveillance, relationship, study, passive, countries

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.