Anyone have Gallbladder surgery

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2021, 08:21 AM
Platinum member

Had mine removed in March of 2010 by laparoscopy and day surgery. Had surgery at 7am and walked out the door and went home at noon. I have trouble with gravy so really watch that and I do drink wine, no problem.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Had mine removed in March of 2010 by laparoscopy and day surgery. Had surgery at 7am and walked out the door and went home at noon. I have trouble with gravy so really watch that and I do drink wine, no problem.
As a lifelong southerner you have my condolences on the gravy issue. 😃
Old 08-05-2021, 04:31 PM

In October 2012 my gallbladder died and gave me gangrene. I was in the hospital 9 days and had my gallbladder removed. Upon leaving the hospital, my vision was clear. The following week I went to my eye doctor for an annual exam. After of 45 years of eyeglasses/contacts, my vision was 20/20 and has been there since!!!!! I have had no dietary or drinking restrictions since the gallbladder removal!!! How lucky can I be???
Old 08-06-2021, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

I wonder how the OP fared with his gallbladder removal.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:57 PM
Veteran member

Had mine removed a dozen years ago as outpatient Laparoscopic surgery. I was out walking the dog that same afternoon and went to a party the next day. The surgery is really, really easy. Like all Laparoscopic surgery, you are pumped full of gas to separate your innards. As soon as you possibly can after surgery, you need to get up and walk around to help get the gas out of your system. Otherwise, it can cause pretty significant pain around your shoulders and neck.

I heal up pretty well and don't scar much so I actually have a hard time finding all four of the small incisions they made in my abdomen to do the surgery. In fact, during a physical several years ago, the doctor thought I must have been born without a gall bladder as it didn't show up in the ultrasound and he had completely overlooked the small scars. And this was before products like Scarzone that help minimize scarring.

As far as living without a gall bladder, the main effects for me seem to be digestive. I can't handle fats the way I once did so fatty foods like sausage can sometimes leave me in digestive distress. Also, it seems for me that when I feel the need to evacuate my bowels, I need to do so NOW. Not soon and definitely not eventually.

Your mileage may vary.
Closed Thread

Tags
gallbladder, allowed, drink, mixed, hoping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.