Anyone Familiar w/Dentist Dr. Ben Spivey

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Default Anyone Familiar w/Dentist Dr. Ben Spivey

Has anyone used Dr. Ben Spivey, a dentist on Bichara Blvd. in the Villages? Thank you.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Platinum member

My mother went to him for a routine cleaning and had no problems with the services provided. However, she felt that she was hustled for additional services. Dr. Spivey told her that her crown wouldn't last five more years and she told him neither would she! (She is 97.) Don't think this was the response he expected.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

If anybody is wondering Dr. Spivey lost his license and closed up shop In TV per and article in todays paper. Lots of charges were filed.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Smile Ben Spivey

Yes we had problems with Spivey for billing of work he didn't do. His office continued to send us bills and he wouldn't talk to us personally. We talked to a few lawyers but they didn't want to take on the case. We met other people in The Villages who had similar problems. So glad they finally caught up with him. I would like to know how they they got on to him.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Default Dental license

Dr. Spivey has not lost his license to practice dentistry...yet. The recommendation from the Board of Dentistry is revocation of his license. He has 30 days to respond to this.

I would call the office up and request a copy of my records. Your xrays are yours by law, and are entitled to them. Some offices do charge a duplicating fee, though in this digital age this charge is another way to gouge the patient. What is not yours is the documentation and clinical notes they take.

He has a terrible reputation in the dental community and it seems he is reaping what he has sown.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Default Spivey may get his license back

Hello, to anybody who has has a "crooked" experience with "Dr." Ben Spivey, he is going in front of the board again on October 28th. HE MAY GET HIS LICENSE BACK!! For anybody who has a problem with this, please contact the Florida Board of Dentistry immediately.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.