anyone used either of these physical therapists?

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Default anyone used either of these physical therapists?

Freedom insurance only allows patients to use either Lake Center for Rehab or Therapy for You. Has anyone had good luck using either of these places? Having rotater cuff surgery and will need to some therapy, thanks.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamoon View Post
Freedom insurance only allows patients to use either Lake Center for Rehab or Therapy for You. Has anyone had good luck using either of these places? Having rotater cuff surgery and will need to some therapy, thanks.
I know this is a bit late, but I just started therapy with Lake Center for Rehab in Sumter Landing, a couple of weeks ago. I think they did a great job and have very knowledgeable. I would recommend.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Platinum member
Smile Physical therapy

I have been in physical therapy at four locations in The Villages and one in Gainesville. Although some were more luxurious than others, the equipment actually used for therapy is quite similar. In fact, I also had home visit physical therapy from three different companies. They brought portable equipment to my house for therapy.

I had a good experience at Lake Centre (their spelling) for Rehab at Lake Sumter Landing. The therapists were very encouraging and gave me some good tips and inspired me to strive for success.

I hope you have a quick and successful recovery.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Gold member

I did 6 weeks with lake center for rehab, it was a very good start. I now go to MVP Spanish Springs twice a week for their Medi-Quick program and get the same workout at only $55 a month.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Gold member

My husband in the past has used Lake Centre for Rehab several times. He loves them and would not go anywhere else. He did try another place because his doctor wanted him to go there. He said they were not as good as Lake Centre for Rehab. If there is a next time he will stand up to his doctor and tell him he wants Lake Centre for Rehab.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:20 AM
Default Rehab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
My husband in the past has used Lake Centre for Rehab several times. He loves them and would not go anywhere else. He did try another place because his doctor wanted him to go there. He said they were not as good as Lake Centre for Rehab. If there is a next time he will stand up to his doctor and tell him he wants Lake Centre for Rehab.
What was the name of the other place? I have been referred to TLC Rehab and was wondering if it was them. Thank you.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Wife went to Lake Center, and found the treatment sub standard. She felt they were to gentle, not aggressive at all. When she had her rotater cuff surgery several years ago in another state, they worked her very aggressively so she has something to compare it too. She will not recommend or ever return to Lake Center. Now, having said that, it could have been the therapist and, if so, may not reflect on others at the facility, only on how they hire.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-19-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:

My Wife used Lake for her Vertigo....did not like the therapist.....terminated early
Old 10-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Wife went to Lake Center, and found the treatment sub standard. She felt they were to gentle, not aggressive at all. When she had her rotater cuff surgery several years ago in another state, they worked her very aggressively so she has something to compare it too. She will not recommend or ever return to Lake Center. Now, having said that, it could have been the therapist and, if so, may not reflect on others at the facility, only on how they hire.

It is my understanding that the therapy regimen for rotator cuff has changed greatly recently. Instead of a rigorous therapy routine it is more gentle initially. A friend of mine just had the surgery done at UF by their top sports medicine doc. No therapy at all for approx 6 weeks followed by slow and gentle, gradually increasing in aggressiveness.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Callaway Guy

Quote:
Used Ashley at Lake Centre for Rehab for my rotator cuff and could not be happier. I say used because 3 months after RC surgery, I'm back to playing golf. My right shoulder took 5 months to get back to golf and both basically had same amount of damage; right shoulder rehab was done in another state.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

My therapists were Brett and Jen for TKR replacement therapy. Excellent results.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
It is my understanding that the therapy regimen for rotator cuff has changed greatly recently. Instead of a rigorous therapy routine it is more gentle initially. A friend of mine just had the surgery done at UF by their top sports medicine doc. No therapy at all for approx 6 weeks followed by slow and gentle, gradually increasing in aggressiveness.
Maybe, but not her style so she will never return to Lake.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
therapy, places, good, luck, cuff, surgery, rotater, rehab, insurance, freedom, therapists, physical, patients, center, lake

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.