Artery disease in ancient Egypt

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 01-31-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Sage

They didn't Mayor Bloomberg enforcing his dietary rules on them. LOL

I found it interesting they could determine something like this on people who have been dead for centuries. It seems like not much has changed.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Short of a miracle, I don't think any diet was going to reverse the heart disease such as my dad was born with.......congenital heart disease; he did live to 69 but died of an enlarged heart........heart failure.

They didn't do surgery on babies with heart defects back in 1899.
His twin brother died at birth.

Ditto for a young woman who died at age 39 from an enlarged heart caused by Systemic Lupus Erethematosis.......my best childhood friend.

Ditto for one of my best adult friends who had tachycardia and needed a heart transplant from interstittial fibrosis of the lungs.......she actually needed a heart/lung transplant but they couldn't find one........NO DIET COULD SAVE HER. She was on Digoxin and other heart drugs but her lungs hemmoraghed in the hospital; they put her into a medical coma and eventually "pulled the plug".........she was 50 years old with two kids still in high school and college. We were all there in the I.C.U......

Again, it's not so simple. I have also read all of Dean Ornish's books years ago..........his cases were not typical of my two friends above....or of my Dad's congenital heart issues from birth.
Not surprisingly, you missed the point of my post and the point of Dr. Dean Ornish's books on reversing heart disease. I specifically mentioned reversing "coronary artery disease" and that was the main point made by Dr. Dean Ornish.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Interesting findings concerning ancients and arteries..... Some might not be interested, but the story got my attention. The human body and how it functions is complex, but each day, more and more is discovered.

Hardening of the arteries common in ancient mummies - The Washington Post

'Prolly due to all those 16-oz sodas they were guzzling down.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
'Prolly due to all those 16-oz sodas they were guzzling down.
I think it was the 20oz. soda.

Ancient Egyptians and others were said to have consumed a lot of grain. And too much grain in the diet can be a bad thing too as it converts to sugar (glucose).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.