Aspen Dental on 441

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2012, 01:49 PM

I had an accident and fell in the street and smashed in my face and front teeth which included 2 front teeth crowns. Visited about 10 dentists in the Villages area and was told I needed a bridge as there was nothing left to crown. Not having insurance I considered just looking like a "redneck" and now know why the T.V. interviews Florida people who look like that. Instead of usually laughing at their appearance I now know they simply cannot afford to get new teeth. I ended up in Eustice/Leesburg seeing Dr.Brignol
who was very nice and affordable. No complaints - just a long ride but worth it. J.T.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
Attention Everyone:

I have a story to tell:

Two weeks ago I went to Aspen Dental on 441 for the free xrays and exam advertised in the Daily Sun. After having the panoramic view of many xrays the Dental Hygenist came in with an assistant. She then instructed her to mark every tooth of mine with weird numbers on a piece of paper. After this was done, the Dentist came in and looked at the paper and showed me the paper with many red marks on it. Then he told me I had gum disease. I couldn't believe it because I didn't have any problems. Then, I was instructed to go into the next room to see the financial person. I went in and sat down and she proceeded to tell me it was going to cost $2100. This would include 2 visits of opening my gums and putting antibiotics in them. She asked if I had any insurance and I told her I didn't. Then she offered me a $300 coupon and also asked me if I used a regular toothbrush or automatic one. I told her I use a regular toothbrush and then she told me they would throw in an automatic toothbrush for nothing and that would take the cost down to a mere $1700. Then she said if I wanted to I could pay $100 a month unless I didn't have good credit. I told her I had excellent credit but that wasn't the problem. I told her I have always kept up with my dentist appointments on a regular basis and couldn't believe my dentist wouldn't have seen this. She said that happens sometimes.

I left the office realizing I would get a second opinion. And that is what I did.

I went to a dentist here in the Villages today and didn't say a word about my previous visit to Aspen. I had xrays and an exam all over again. And guess what? The dentist looked at my xrays and my teeth and said right away hat I have beautiful teeth and she can tell I take very good care of my teeth and my gums. And, the dentist noticed a drill had been left in one of my teeth. I told it was left in there by mistake by a previous dentist years ago when he performed a root canal. Aspen didn't even mention that.

My advise to everyone is don't go to Aspen Dental unless you want to get ripped off.
The SAME exact Aspen dental office in Mt.Dora happened to me and my husband!!! I'm still paying for the 2400. bill a yr later !!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Wow! Some story. Iam still seeing my dentist up north and sounds like that is a pretty good decision.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI, Livonia, Ann Arbor, Fairbanks AK. Last stop to be TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Wow! Some story. Iam still seeing my dentist up north and sounds like that is a pretty good decision.
It is. I have lots of snowbirds&snowflakes who schedule just before they leave for the warmer climes and schedule for just after they return to Michigan. Any major work gets done over the summer, but we get them (or they find) a dentist in the sun for any emergencies. I take primary lead usually and we work together to care for our mutual patient. I'm already feeling guilty for the time when I come down to TV to stay.

Good dentists are seeking the welfare of their patients first and foremost.
I advise my patients to seek a 2nd opinion if they have any concerns. We try to educate people so they really understand the what, why and how.

Unfortunately too many folks are dollar driven. A previous post listed an upper denture at $175 and I can tell you that at that cost the case couldn't be anything but a poorly fitting, poor appearing and non-functional piece of plastic. If it's a good case, no one should be able to tell.

You can't laugh at the same things again and again, but why do you keep crying over the same things again and again
"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade"
Personally, I'll go for a Tom Collins.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM

I know I had the same problem with the,,,Went to Carolina like them much better.....
Old 07-10-2012, 03:12 AM

Ok. I'll bite (pun intended). Who is the new DDS? Name? I am sick at the thought of seeing a new dentist. Like so many others,I have had nightmareish visits complete with a slap in the face as a child.
I am above board and will not tolerate mean people. Please let us know who the new doc is. Many thanks and best of luck. I DO have the gum disease and thats a fact.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:42 AM
Default my session at aspen dental on 09/2012

My visit to Aspen Dental was because of my insurance SAFEGUARD BY MET LIFE, you can a plan online for 59.00 and its is active on the 1st , so no waiting.
I went to the office during the middle of the month and i had to wait for the 1st but they did the 1st visit and xrays for free and said second meeting i would submit my insurance.
This is going above and beyond and i thank them for this. the first session and xrays and visit with the dentist, was not rushing and took their time and explained everything, I walked out feeling like i was given alot for nothing and i was like wow!
The nurses there are extremely beautiful and some even single, and they all cared and took the time to talk.
The thing that impressed me the most is no one just walks by you without saying hi or how are you today. this is GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
and even more, they make you feel like family, and no i dont work there, lol.

One bad thing i noticed was the wait time for everyone is really long sometimes and people seem to be getting upset, just dont go there on fridays lol.
but people need to understand that when u get good work and good customer service, it sometimes comes with wait times, and i think we would all trade that for some wait time. i know i was fine with it.

I went with the upper tier of dentures, full set, and the difference of the good ones and cheap ones are big. so it is worth making a few more payments to get something nice, so go with the hot mold not the cold mold pour. the med tier ones are ok too.
If your short of cash they have care credit from GE and offer 18 months no % or longer for interest, the good tier dentures have a low % and the cheap ones are very high in % dont know why but that is true. so beware.
You can apply online or let the office mgr do it.
the best dentures are about 1700 up and 1700 low and if ur retired and other factors u can get 25% off.
If u got insurance then its less of course.
I had alot of teeth pulled and full dentures for 2,425 total. beat that!!!!
yes these are the ones that look like real teeth, even better than real teeth.
except the bad part of having dentures, im 47 and when i started i felt like 65 but after all that i felt younger.
my teeth were never that good, not even when i had braces as a teen.
now if i can learn how to chew and eat, lol u have to learn how to eat again, hard to get used to.
I had alot of teeth extracted and the dentist David Price, was the best dentist ive ever seen, he takes the time to care and make sure your comfortable, i can not even begin to tell you how above and beyond this guy is, i was amazed, compare to the other doctors ive encounered thru the years. the other oral surgeon there is really good too and he is little more forceful but good. and like i said the nurses were great! not good, GREAT!
Did i mention my surgery was from 4pm to 9pm? yup and i was so tired i was shaking, but the doctor was worn out and the nurse was even more tired, and they stayed and made sure i was ok and could drive and walked me to the door,shook my hand, and you could tell really cares for his patients.
anytime a doctor and a nurse stays 4 or 5 hours longer than they suppossed to, you just got to say thankyou, for caring. and being precise and thurough.
my teeth were brittle and were hard to pull and they stayed there thru it all and made sure i was well medicated and comfortable as possible, under the circumstances.
The only thing i can say bad is that the dentist is he forgot or overlooked the mg strength of my script which resulted in me having to call after hours.
on a weekend.
and one more issue make sure you get the right price in writing. sometimes they mix up insurance with discount cards, which the office manager straighened out on her own.
so when you get your detailed printout, have it brokedn down for each charge and have the office manager look it over and you as well.
like i said they straightened it out and got it right, and then some.
in other words got a fair price.
now it is possible other aspen dentals might be not up to par , since they are all over usa, but this office is one of the best, if not the best. and compared to other dentists in marion county and leesburg area this one is a no brainer, and make sure you got the time to do your session, give your self the morning or afternoon off. if possible. PERFECTION IS NOT RUSHED! and i use this motto in my own office in orange california and in florida, for MGM MANAGEMENT, we do music signings and bookings and concerts and clubs, we manage and permote and becoming a label as well very soon.
In closing, i liked this office and that is alot to say when i cant stand going to the dentist.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.