Assisted Living Recommendations Please

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2023, 06:39 AM
Default Assisted Living Recommendations Please

Can anyone recommend an assisted living facility that they've had fairly recent experience with? Any that should be stayed away from? Thank you for taking time to respond.
Old 12-20-2023, 06:59 AM

Recently I visited a person at Sumter Grand on 466A, and it was lovely. Seemed like great living conditions. The resident was very happy there and said they researched quite extensively before making a decision. I am sure it was quite pricey to say the least.
Old 12-20-2023, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
Can anyone recommend an assisted living facility that they've had fairly recent experience with? Any that should be stayed away from? Thank you for taking time to respond.

I highly recommend that you reach out to Josephine from Your Key To Senior Living Options. She can help match you with facilities that would best meet your financial, social, medical needs. Her services are completely free. The company has helped so many families in The Villages! Her direct number is 352-973-2729.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Recently I visited a person at Sumter Grand on 466A, and it was lovely. Seemed like great living conditions. The resident was very happy there and said they researched quite extensively before making a decision. I am sure it was quite pricey to say the least.
I recently visited the Sumter Senior Living independent section (not assisted living) and the Watercrest facility on Rt 466. At both of those facilities, you will pay about $6,000 per month for an independent living 2-bedroom apartment. To me, even though it included meals, I thought the cost was way too expensive. Also, you need to provide your own furniture and you do not get a lease. It is on a month-to-month basis only. The one thing that I liked about these facilities is that you can get a Villages resident ID card so you can use the Villages amenities. If that is important, to you need to verify it, because at some local assisted living facilities, you will no longer be a Villages resident.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
That is good to know that the resident is happy there, that is a place I am considering. Thank you.
Old 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I recently visited the Sumter Senior Living independent section (not assisted living) and the Watercrest facility on Rt 466. At both of those facilities, you will pay about $6,000 per month for an independent living 2-bedroom apartment. To me, even though it included meals, I thought the cost was way too expensive. Also, you need to provide your own furniture and you do not get a lease. It is on a month-to-month basis only. The one thing that I liked about these facilities is that you can get a Villages resident ID card so you can use the Villages amenities. If that is important, to you need to verify it, because at some local assisted living facilities, you will no longer be a Villages resident.
Almost all I've looked at are on a month to month basis and I've not found anything lower than 3800.00 and that's just for a tiny studio in pretty iffy surroundings. Also, the furniture some provide are just left over pieces previous residents have left when they passed away.
Old 12-20-2023, 01:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Almost all I've looked at are on a month to month basis and I've not found anything lower than 3800.00 and that's just for a tiny studio in pretty iffy surroundings. Also, the furniture some provide are just left over pieces previous residents have left when they passed away.
I would expect an assisted living facility to be month-to-month, but an independent living apartment should provide you with at least a one year lease, especially if you furnish it yourself.

Have you also considered Freedom Pointe? It requires a large buy-in fee, and you pay for a lifetime care contract, but it is very nice. The lifetime care contract is what bothers me.
Old 12-20-2023, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I would expect an assisted living facility to be month-to-month, but an independent living apartment should provide you with at least a one year lease, especially if you furnish it yourself.

Have you also considered Freedom Pointe? It requires a large buy-in fee, and you pay for a lifetime care contract, but it is very nice. The lifetime care contract is what bothers me.
From the "been there/done that" perspective, if you have elderly parents who start out in assisted living, then their needs become more intensive, it's nice to know the progression of care is available.
Old 12-20-2023, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Call Josephine Cirrinone at Your Key to Senior Living at 352-973-2729. She is a Senior Living Advisor that will assess your needs and help you find an appropriate facility. Her services are free to you and she has about forty years experience in the field. Give her a call. She will not disappoint..
Old 12-21-2023, 03:46 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Thumbs up Great care at BC

Buffalo Crossing. Mother lived there for over 2 years .
Old 12-21-2023, 05:02 AM
Default New facility on Rainey Trail

Check out new Hearthstone on Rainey Trail. Think they still have some Grand Opening specials.

Quote:
Old 12-21-2023, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

Sumter senior living on 466a and watercress on 466 next to sprouts are both great options. That one has a large parking garage which is included in the price. 3 meals a day, snacks, all utilities and all units have washer dryers. When they give you a price that can be negotiated. If they have units available they will come down. Month to month so no lease. Talked to many residents and they were all satisfied.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Buffalo Crossing has a rehab center, but behind it is a 3 story building with apartments for residents to live, assisted living situation. Check it out.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I asked a similar question a few months back as we were moving my Mother to this area — I think you can find it here:

For what it’s worth, we choose Mission Oaks on 301 just south of 466 and I’m very happy with the attentiveness of staff, quality of food, number of organized activities, overall cost/value and medical/physical therapy care provided. Feel free to e-mail me at jdburns11@msn.com if you want more specific info or to talk.

Help please - Navigating Senior Care Facility Options

Please let me know if the link doesn’t work or you can’t find it — if you search posts by my username it will be one of the only ones.

I looked at and generally liked Sumter Senior Living and Watercrest but they are spendy and somewhat bigger, more commercialized.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:21 AM
Default Assist Living Info

Quote:
I suggest you call or email as I know her as both of my parents needed assistant living. She can recommend everything you will need to know and can be your representative to make sure you get the correct place.

Janice Martin
seniorliaisoncfl@gmail.com
Senior Liaison Of CENTRAL FLORIDA
(352)4771866
• Mobile

Tags
assisted, living, time, taking, stayed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.