Bad Back- need help

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Bad Back- need help

Bad back with growing severity. some disc damage and stenosis. Need medico(orthopod or neurosurgeon) to diagnose and treat up to and including surgery if indicated. Need a Doc who does Medicare/ Tri Care for Life. all suggestions will be greatly appreciated .Bump

Last edited by Challenger; 08-22-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Veteran member

My neck surgery was done by Dr Mark Oliver of the Ocala Neurosurgical Group. They have an office here in The Villages, also. I am very happy and others I know who have used this group are equally satisfied.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Sage

My husband also used Ocala Neurosurgical, Dr. Barry Kaplan, with good results for his neck.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Sage

Here in The Villages, Sharon Morse Bldg by TV hospital...Dr. Dan Spurrior, neurosurgeon! Highly recommend him! He does minimally invasive surgery, which I had. Would definately go back to him.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Eternal Member

I use Dr. Kerina with Tri County Orthopedics. He's great !
Old 08-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Sage

Bonny...was your back problem visit with Dr Kerina recently? I was under the impression he did not "do" backs, and certainly not surgery. Just curious what kind of diagnosis and treatment techniques he used.

Dr K is great....he gave me two fantastic new knees. Mr 07 has back problems but hasn't gotten a decent diagnosis or treatment plan yet, including from Dr Thomas at Tri County.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Eternal Member

No it was a few years back. I went through a lot of therapy with them. I had back surgery up in Michigan in 1999. I know Dr. Kerina specializes in spine surgery.
He is an Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Bonny...was your back problem visit with Dr Kerina recently?

Dr K is great....he gave me two fantastic new knees. Mr 07 has back problems but hasn't gotten a decent diagnosis or treatment plan yet, including from Dr Thomas at Tri County.

Thanks.
Dr. Kerina only does knees now. Just call the office. It seems like they have a different doctor for different body parts. I know Williams just does hips. Dr. Cook does Sports injuries. I also endorse Dr Kerina too but I know he just does knees now.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:01 PM

I agree with "not golfer," I highly recommend Dr Daniel Spurrier. Also, Tri-County Ortho does not perform back surgeries; strictly othro surgeries. Side note: all the male docs at Tri-County are great and extremely competent. Dr Thomas is not! When you see her for an appt, she is more interested in telling you that she was the first black female ortho surgeon in the US than listening to the patient's. I went in for an eval for ortho and she told me I had no ortho issues (1st incorrect diagnosis) but I might have pancreatic cancer (2nd incorrect diagnosis)! My GI doc reviewed my films and could not believe she would suggest such a problem.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.