Before you accept as gospel truth all that negativity about TV Regional Hospital ...

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Veteran member
Talking from a WANNABEE's perspective...... agree with NovelChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelchick View Post
i don't know about the "negativity" ref the hospital because all the daily sun prints is the "good news" so therefore all we get is one side. I want to hear both sides so i do read the poa bulletin which expresses the bad along with the good.

I appreciate hearing about people's negative experience along with the positive side of issues because I am intelligent enough to consider the source and make up my own mind based on my reality.

Negative opinions

Positive opinions

P.S. EXCELLENT atta-boy letter SL; people should take the time to express their gratitude to health care professionals for good service.

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 01-07-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenityseeker View Post
Excellent letter Sydney.

I agree that sending it or anything positive about the hospital to the POA is likely a waste of time. Their over the top sensationalist, completely one sided witch hunt and subsequent "reporting" (THAT'S a stretch) of anything to do with the hospital robs them of any credibility they might have at one time held.

rshoffer states it succinctly and accurately...somthing I doubt the POA is interested in.

My family and aquaintences that have been treated there have overwhelmingly been satisfied or very satisfied with their care. Obviously no institution can be perfect, and it is so much more difficult in healthcare. Your letter is likely indicative of the sentiments of many others out there, unfortunately certain segments of society thrive on negativity and that "plays" better for some publications.

Thank you for taking the time to relay your experience so that a balanced view is available.

And no, I don't work with nor am I in any way affiliated with the hospital.
Serenity Seeker

I do so agree with you on this issue.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

I've never said anything about TVRH because I never had to use it.
BUTT
I had a procedure there today and I'll tell you something.....
After a quad by-pass, three colonoscopys, a half dozen or so catherizations and another half dozen assorted tests in the Milwaukee WI area hospitals, TVRH is no different than ANY other hospital I've spent any time in.

Thanks to them for being there!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 01-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novelchick View Post
i don't know about the "negativity" ref the hospital because all the daily sun prints is the "good news" so therefore all we get is one side. I want to hear both sides so i do read the poa bulletin which expresses the bad along with the good.
This puzzles me. Granted I had heard a lot of negative about TV Regional Hospital, and I just wrote what my experience was, offering to fellow TOTVers a copy of my letter of gratitude to the hospital for the excellent care I'd received and saying that I was sending an email to the POA with a copy of my letter, since they've written so much about the hospital. That was all I said. I made clear that this was one person's experience--mine. I wasn't focusing on 'good news' versus 'bad news.' I never mentioned the Daily Sun, nor did I send a copy of my letter to them as they had not been devoting whole issues focusing on the hospital. That I have not had the courtesy of a response from the POA is another issue, but obviously I could not have mentioned that in my original post on this thread since I had just sent it. There are MANY sides to any issue based on personal experience, and simply put, this was mine.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Gold member

A few words of follow-up: My hand is healing much faster than either the hand surgeon or the hand physical therapist had anticipated (though too slow for me...). I still have a long way to go but am back and functional on the keyboard, this after learning recently from these professionals caring for me that when they first looked at my hand two months ago at the time of the accident, they privately wondered how much (if any?) function I'd get back. I work hard at it constantly (and painfully...) and couldn't be more pleased that it shows. Thanks again, everyone, for your good wishes--and again my gratitude to those in the ER at TV's Regional Hospital who were involved in my care that awful day!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Wonderful treatment at Villages Hospital

Having just returned minutes ago from our first visit to the Villages Hospital Emergency Room where we took our grandson Colin who was suffering from an Asthma attack brought on by exposure to our cats, I can't say enough about their quick professional handling of his breathing emergency. Although a common reason for an emergency visit, they were able to quickly access his records from Ohio, but even before that, he was put on a nebulizer and treated kindly and expertly. He is fine now.

Many thanks to them.

Colin is sleeping right now on an air mattress in our uncatted garage.

I am going to bed.

Whew.

Thank you God.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-13-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Having just returned minutes ago from our first visit to the Villages Hospital Emergency Room where we took our grandson Colin who was suffering from an Asthma attack brought on by exposure to our cats, He is fine now.
GG, I was wondering what you're doing up at 4 AM. That must have been scary for you and your family. Glad to hear that The Hospital worked well for you, and that Colin is fine.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Frightening

GG, So sorry to hear that Colin had a difficult night and happy to hear that the Hospital met his needs. We too have Asthma in the family and know how frightening an attack can be. Be well.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Gold member
Default Follow up ...

I waited with curiosity to see if in its next issue the POA would print my letter about TV Regional Hospital concerning the extraordinary care I received in the ER there in December. Well, the next issue is here.... No letter, but several headlines pertaining to the hospital:

TVRH Misleads on Cardiac Plans and Covers Up Problems

POA Accepting Hospital Stories

Where to File Hospital Complaints

The Hospital Goofed Up! Now What?

You can draw your own conclusions in terms of this organization’s agenda and its categorical refusal to print anything at all that varies from that agenda. How close-minded. And how sad.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 PM

I'm pretty new here so this might sound crazy but what is poa?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Sage

SL - I was also looking for your story in the POA newsletter

http://www.poa4us.org/

but could not find it. Seems strange that they say they want positive stories as well as negative ones but wouldn't (or haven't yet) print yours.

There has to be some sort of story behind the story as to why they keep writing stories about TVRH that are negative. No hospital is perfect and certainly all hospitals need oversight but this seems over the top to me. As RSHoffer said JCAHO gave them full accreditation and he (and all medical professionals) knows exactly how picky JCAHO can be.

Their website: http://www.jointcommission.org/
Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELANDJANE View Post
POA = Property Owners Association, the group that ostensibly has been active in support of homeowners in TV going back to the days of Harold Schwartz; he's the 'founding father' of TV whose statue (complete with his ashes...) can be seen in Spanish Springs town square. Their agenda is virtually SOLELY to be negative about the developer; if you read one of their newsletters, it will be pretty obvious.

The POA is constantly in conflict with the VHA (= Villages Homeowners Association) which, following my experience with them, I see as a shill for the developer and which doesn't give a rat's behind about any individual homeowner with a legitimate issue concerning, in my case, an original home construction issue that we discovered after we bought a resale home, but which has done and continues to do some really good things for the community as a whole.

Hope this helps. Any questions, please feel free to let me know.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Seems strange that they say they want positive stories as well as negative ones but wouldn't (or haven't yet) print yours.
Russ, they can SAY what they want; it doesn't mean that they MEAN what they SAY....
Old 03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELANDJANE View Post
Here are two web sites:

POA

VHA
Old 03-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default Finding fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Here are two web sites:

POA

VHA
POA is the "**** and moan" group that have appointed themselves to find fault with everything in TV. They are supposed to be a representative group of Property Owners, thus Property Owners' Association; however, they are so negative they have totally lost their effectiveness.....except with their own members. However, I must admit that their monthly publication does give me some good laughs. According to POA, if the "developer" is involved with something or takes any action, it is not in the best interest of the owners. Some people will complain against mom, apple pie and the girl next door.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.