Have Quit A Doctor Just Because Of His Office Staff?

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Gold member
Default Have Quit A Doctor Just Because Of His Office Staff?

I was just curious as to how many others have quit a doctor just because of his office staff?
Old 06-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
I was just curious as to how many others have quit a doctor just because of his office staff?
I have a quit a doctor only once in my life, with approval of my husband and daughter who also consulted him. It was here in The Villages. It was based on his arranging unnecessary tests for us. I have never run into something like that in my life.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have a quit a doctor only once in my life, with approval of my husband and daughter who also consulted him. It was here in The Villages. It was based on his arranging unnecessary tests for us. I have never run into something like that in my life.
I have too, love the doctor not the staff.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:49 PM

Not a doctor, but my wife quit a dentist here in TV because of rude office staff and a lack of decent hygienists, and the dentist wasn't that great either. Found a great one in Leesburg.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you have a problem with the staff, please tell the doctor. Sometimes they are unaware. I told my doctor about a persistent problem with his staff and he thanked me and assured me there would be no more problems and there haven't. I say this because I have been the office staff before and often the doctor is clueless.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:59 PM

I quit a OB/GYN years ago because the staff consistently screwed up. Two hour waits, getting forgotten in a room, etc.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I have quit a doctor for a serious illness because of office staff treating patients like cattle, overbooking, mishandling billing, and rudeness. Took my care two hours away to a teaching hospital and received the best of care from everyone involved. It was not in TV, but you didn't specify the location.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Platinum member

My wife has quit a doctor here, not because of staff, but because of his lack of english language skills. This seems common here and rural areas in general.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
My wife has quit a doctor here, not because of staff, but because of his lack of english language skills. This seems common here and rural areas in general.

I agree that there are physicians here whose English leaves a little to be desired. However, having worked in healthcare for more than 40 years, including a number of major metro areas, I am comfortable saying that this area is no different than most. In fact, I dare say that most urban areas have a greater preponderance of foreign medical grads for whom English is a second language.

Personally I have had no significant issue, and 2 of the 3 physicians I see regularly are FMGs and really excellent diagnosticians.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
If you have a problem with the staff, please tell the doctor. Sometimes they are unaware. I told my doctor about a persistent problem with his staff and he thanked me and assured me there would be no more problems and there haven't. I say this because I have been the office staff before and often the doctor is clueless.
Of course the dr is often clueless about staffers who alienate patients.

Those same staffers screen all phone calls and open the email and postal mail. If calls/letters come in about themselves treating patients like dirt/dummies, they're not going to relay that to the dr.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I think it is reasonable to quit a doctor due to the staff. If they do not follow up or correctly handle tasks they are giving you problems you do not need. Unfortunately I think the back office operations of doctors offices is declining so this problem can grow.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:32 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninjamom View Post
I quit a OB/GYN years ago because the staff consistently screwed up. Two hour waits, getting forgotten in a room, etc.
Yep every time I find myself caught in a waiting room I feel like an orphan and when a staff member enters I say to them "pick me" "pick me"
Old 06-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Doctors usually don't. Know staff is a problem. Talk to him first.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

If you quit a doctor because of their office staff down here, you'll have to quit pretty much every doc in the area.

I've spoken with a few doctors about this and they all said that it's a big problem for them. They can't seem t find competent help.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Too much paper work (computer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
I think it is reasonable to quit a doctor due to the staff. If they do not follow up or correctly handle tasks they are giving you problems you do not need. Unfortunately I think the back office operations of doctors offices is declining so this problem can grow.
My friends in the medical field tell me that there is too much paper work and not enough "doctoring". That's the way a good friend put it and I trust what he says.

Tags
staff, office, quit, doctor, curious

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.