Best Snowbird Medicare Advantages plan. With Medicaid(Dual Eligible Special Needs)

Old 03-27-2024, 09:28 AM

Many of you are giving good advice for someone who is on Medicare and is a snowbird.

However, the OP said the friend was also on Medicaid. He needs a different answer.

He needs to inquire about the Medicaid rules in New York. Will they pay for out of state care? Are there any limitations? What is needed to maintain his New York residency? Will doctors in Florida accept his NY Medicaid? Many docs do not take Medicaid patients because it pays so poorly. Maybe the friend needs to just make short visits here and get all his medical care in NY.

My brother is on Medicaid in another northern state. Medicaid pays for his Medicare premium (no deduction from his Social Security check.) And it acts like a Medicare supplement policy. So he has no premium for that either. Basically, no out of pocket expenses at all, only a few dollars for drugs.

Every state has its own Medicaid program. Each state is different. I know that Florida's Medicaid is very lean, both in who they cover and in the benefits offered. My brother is much better off up north.
Old 04-09-2024, 02:32 AM
Veteran member

Thanks for all the responses.

Tags
florida, eligible, months, special, plan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.