Beware of Aspen Dental in colony plaza

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2023, 08:12 AM
Angry Beware of Aspen Dental in colony plaza

I have now over the past 2 months have given Aspen Dental in Colony Plaza my dental insurance and personnel information 3 times and they have lost them again. I went in today for my 1st appointment and they needed the information again because their Rhodes Scholars couldn't find my information and lost it again. I wonder if my information will be compromised because someone probably took the information that i entrusted them with. I myself can not do business with them again because of their callous concern about mypersonal information.
Old 06-14-2023, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Beware of Aspen Dental everywhere. With all of the negative posts on this site and others, I'm surprised that they're still in business.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:38 AM

Dental i just go home
Old 06-15-2023, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Hard to find a reliable and honest dentist in this part of the woods.
Old 06-15-2023, 10:13 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Hard to find a reliable and honest dentist in this part of the woods.
Unfortunately you are spot on.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Unfortunately you are spot on.
We thought we had one but recently she sold her practice and first impression of new owner not so good
Old 06-15-2023, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We thought we had one but recently she sold her practice and first impression of new owner not so good
I just went to the dentist today. Dr. Chris Lunsford in Leesburg, 5 miles from Fruitland Park. Excellent dentist.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Y View Post
I have now over the past 2 months have given Aspen Dental in Colony Plaza my dental insurance and personnel information 3 times and they have lost them again. I went in today for my 1st appointment and they needed the information again because their Rhodes Scholars couldn't find my information and lost it again. I wonder if my information will be compromised because someone probably took the information that i entrusted them with. I myself can not do business with them again because of their callous concern about mypersonal information.
Run from them;
A bit late but to add; Aspen is a fresh out of school farm for newbies. Not necessarily all bad, BUT the Aspen model is to pounce on you trying to instill fear that you are destined for serious problems if you do not subscribe to a long list of expensive services. Run do not walk away!!!
Old 09-19-2023, 04:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

My experience with a local chain dentist was awful. They pushed unnecessary procedures to pad my bill. Why would they need a full set of X-rays to cement a crown back on? I left immediately and did it myself with cvs tooth cement. Likely have corporate profit objectives to meet. yMMV
Old 09-19-2023, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
My experience with a local chain dentist was awful. They pushed unnecessary procedures to pad my bill. Why would they need a full set of X-rays to cement a crown back on? I left immediately and did it myself with cvs tooth cement. Likely have corporate profit objectives to meet. yMMV
Most DIY use Gorilla Glue!
Old 09-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Veteran member

I had a great experience at Aspen at Colony. Unfortunately that dentist left.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

We use Baylee Dental (441 just south of 42 in Baylee plaza) for several years now, even with new owners, NO high pressure sales or unnecessary procedures, very happy with this practice. NOTE: they do not accept any dental insurance but provide documentation for you to send to your carrier, and then you get the reimbursement.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
We use Baylee Dental (441 just south of 42 in Baylee plaza) for several years now, even with new owners, NO high pressure sales or unnecessary procedures, very happy with this practice. NOTE: they do not accept any dental insurance but provide documentation for you to send to your carrier, and then you get the reimbursement.
Very sound advice.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:48 PM
Sage

Sad that it is so difficult to find competent honest dentists here
Old 09-20-2023, 01:55 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,639 Times in 443 Posts

After waiting 8 months for an appointment with a new dentist here in The Villages, they call me the day before my appointment for just a cleaning, saying they need “two visits” - one for an assessment, and a second one for a “cleaning” - this two-appointment system was not previously disclosed to me until the day prior to my appointment. My teeth are fine, I just had full x-rays taken less than a year ago from my previous dentist (which they are aware of), so this sounded like a rip-off. I cancelled my appointment with them. Since I’m going back to visit Colorado next month anyway, I called to book a cleaning with them, and of course, they got me right in with no long waiting period.I am hoping to eventually find a competent dentist here that isn’t out to scam their patients, but maybe I’ll just continue to see my old dentist back in Colorado twice a year during my visits.

Tags
information, dental, lost, aspen, colony

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.