Beware- dr. Nelson kraucak life family practice

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Gold member

I was told that when you have testing done you need to come back on different days for each of the results. One day to get the bloodwork results. Another day for x-ray results. Another day for the results of other testing. Yes, you get a charge for all those days. Why can't he tell you all in one visit? Or better yet, if the results were all negative, why not just give you a phone call. He does order a lot of testing, which you can look at from different points of view. One is he orders a lot of unnecessary tests or he is keeping an eye on your health. If he finds something, then he is the greatest for checking and keeping an eye on your health. He will do bloodwork and test for things that other doctors don't test for. So for those who hear about some test on one of the doctor shows on TV and they want that test, Dr. Kracauk will know about that test and not think it is silly. Whereas, a lot of regular doctors will not be willing to order it. So I think he might be great for catching things early, rather than waiting until you have had something for years. From what I hear he wants to prevent disease. Whereas, most doctors are there to treat a disease after you get it. He does want to do the testing at facilities he owns, but I also know other doctors who have ultrasound machines or x-ray machines at their office. Even some are opening pharmacies at their practice. So it is the same thing. You can go to outside facilities of your choice. I would like to hear from others who have experience with him.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
I was told that when you have testing done you need to come back on different days for each of the results. One day to get the bloodwork results. Another day for x-ray results. Another day for the results of other testing. Yes, you get a charge for all those days. Why can't he tell you all in one visit? Or better yet, if the results were all negative, why not just give you a phone call. He does order a lot of testing, which you can look at from different points of view. One is he orders a lot of unnecessary tests or he is keeping an eye on your health. If he finds something, then he is the greatest for checking and keeping an eye on your health. He will do bloodwork and test for things that other doctors don't test for. So for those who hear about some test on one of the doctor shows on TV and they want that test, Dr. Kracauk will know about that test and not think it is silly. Whereas, a lot of regular doctors will not be willing to order it. So I think he might be great for catching things early, rather than waiting until you have had something for years. From what I hear he wants to prevent disease. Whereas, most doctors are there to treat a disease after you get it. He does want to do the testing at facilities he owns, but I also know other doctors who have ultrasound machines or x-ray machines at their office. Even some are opening pharmacies at their practice. So it is the same thing. You can go to outside facilities of your choice. I would like to hear from others who have experience with him.
This is how they make their money---volumn of folks seen along with tests. If diagnotics are done in their offices they also get a kick-back for those as well. Thinking that's why the USF offices are marketing the way they are. Doctor there will spend more time and see "less" patients. THAT'S the way I'd want to go! Why have tests when they're not needed anyway????
Old 10-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Default Doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowgirl View Post
I find Dr Kraucak to be extremely arrogant. At my "required' annual physical, he spent about 10 minutes taking pulse, listening to heart etc, then ordered all the same tests as he did the year before (all of which had come back completely normal). I tried to have a conversation with him about an issue that was concerning me. He answered me in two quick sentences which intimated that I was less than an intelligent person, and was walking out the door when he said, "have the tests and we'll see" When I asked for an explanation of the tests, he pointed to the nurse and said " she'll tell you.. you used up all your time talking about your "problem". I am currently in the market for a new doctor.
Go to see Dr. Martinez Cruz. He is the opposite of arrogant. And he never rushes you. Everyone I have talked to about him just raves about how wonderful he is.
Dr. Martinez Cruz 352-750-6650 .Dana Building Room 206
behind Bonefish Grill off 466
Old 10-16-2013, 08:19 PM

I would find another MD before I would go to Luna Beck. Just saying I have heard some negative stuff from some ex patients.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:53 PM

Thanks everyone for honest, direct posts!
Usually, posts are so "wishy-washy"..
Health care in The Villages is not always about "great care"!
Karron
Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 PM

Why wait for a tragedy???? Change docs.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:06 PM

I hope you feel better now. Angry attacks reflect poorly on the maker.
May God find you and lead you to a better place. Your words are forgiven.
May peace be with you.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts
Default Another thread on being sued.................

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...hought-115162/

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.