Info re Mediterranean Diet

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Info re Mediterranean Diet

I just got this info and thought it was worth sharing, particularly as there have been a few threads about this diet.

LW888

Low-Fat Diet and Avoidance of Vitamin D
Old 03-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Sage

The Mediterranean diet doesn't measure death from all causes and I wonder if it was funded by commercial interests such as the olive oil industry. I have nothing against olive oil; I use it exclusively. But this study leaves me with doubts.

My family comes from the Mediterranean area and we have no problem with heart disease but we have a big problem with cancer. My mother, father, sister, brother, aunts and uncles all have had cancer. So I think this study is of limited value. A longer study is needed to show death rates from all causes. What good is it to survive heart disease only to die of cancer?

They stopped the study for ethical reasons. But how ethical was it to ignore the Okinawan diet? Okinawans have lower death rates from all causes. Are we to believe that the doctors who designed the study never heard of the Okinawan diet or other asian diets?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.