Gastrectomy surgery

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2022, 09:32 PM
Default Gastrectomy surgery

Anyone had weight loss surgery?

Considering it.
Old 08-21-2022, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

No I haven't but haven't had the surgery but a brother-in-law and 2 friends a husband and wife did the surgery. All lost weight the husband and wife gained it back and then some extra weight too. My late brother in law passed away at 55, it was not related to the surgery, he just never took care of himself but when he passed he had regained all the weight he lost.

Last edited by B-flat; 08-21-2022 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:06 AM

My daughter had it several years ago. She lost 150+ and has kept it off ever since. She now weights between 130 and 135. It's a life style change and you MUST be dedicated to it. She has several friends that had it and gained the weight back in a year or so, But they couldn't follow/stick to the rules.

There are three types. All of the people who gained the weight, had staple type operation. She has the operation in the middle and then there is a really drastic operation.

If you PM me, I'll put you in touch with her.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 08-21-2022, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,327 Posts

Pro: you will lose weight, there are some foods and drink that you will not be able to eat.

Con: it is a lifestyle change. Just because you have the procedure, it doesn’t stop gaining weight back and then some.

So before you choose to have the procedure, try restricting your diet for 3-6 months. If you find that is not possible, than you might want to rethink.

Just remember the lifestyle is what keeps the weight off, not just the procedure, and if you choose to return to old eating habits, weight will return, and more than you originally weighed.

Tags
surgery, gastrectomy, weight, loss

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.