Canadian pharmacies

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2016, 11:14 AM
Sage

Is there an independent agency that reviews [for lack of a better name] Canadian Drugstores?
Old 01-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts
Default Most drugs in our pharmacies

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
With all of the negative news, and the problems with untested drugs, I would never use these. It sounds like you are already aware of the concerns, and as I recall the local "Canadian" stores were specifically named in some of the articles. All I can say is be very careful, and research whomever you are buying from.
come from China and/or India. Would you use med's from either of these places?
Old 01-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

To all of you who are using or plan to use these synthetic, dirty, fake drugs ordered at these store fronts.....in our area. The 60 minute report was an eye opener as to the conditions of manufacturer and the evasive answers given by the store in Belleview.
Go to this site where you may get some information not seen before.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...meds&FORM=VDRE

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 01-27-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:32 PM

I have used Canadadrugs.com. for many years. The have been professional, dependable, and eager to provide the best customer service. The prices on my meds were a fraction of U.S. prices. Some of them were manufactured in England, Canada, and yes India.

Canadadrugs.com carefully sources what they sell, so I was not worried. I did research them extensively before using them.

As with any important decision, do your own thorough research, and don't get your information from the press. They are there to make money any way they can, and are not very reliable.

Last edited by Kayaker; 01-27-2016 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Is there an independent agency that reviews [for lack of a better name] Canadian Drugstores?
Of the more than 8,300 online pharmacies reviewed in July 2011 by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP), which accredits online drugstores in addition to representing state pharmacy boards across the U.S., just over 3 percent appear to be sound. It considers the rest to be rogue operations
Old 01-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 01-27-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
I have used Canadadrugs.com. for many years. The have been professional, dependable, and eager to provide the best customer service. The prices on my meds were a fraction of U.S. prices. Some of them were manufactured in England, Canada, and yes India.

Canadadrugs.com carefully sources what they sell, so I was not worried. I did research them extensively before using them.

As with any important decision, do your own thorough research, and don't get your information from the press. They are there to make money any way they can, and are not very reliable.
How about a report from Consumer Reports?
How Do I Know If An Online Pharmacy Is Legitimate - Consumer Reports

Also a lot of good information here: National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
Old 01-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Sage

A couple of years ago we checked their prices and didn't find any "deals". The there was an expose' on t.v. and they didn't have anything good to say about them. As I remember, they'd even profiled local ones..... If you do your due diligence, you will find prices you are looking for.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:34 PM

GLOBAL PHARMACY PLUS!
phone 1-855-475-7782 | fax 1-855-475-7787
Old 01-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How about a report from Consumer Reports?
How Do I Know If An Online Pharmacy Is Legitimate - Consumer Reports

Also a lot of good information here: National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
Consumer Reports News: October 27, 2011 a little dated

This looks interesting

https://blogs.bing.com/search/2015/0...ne-pharmacies/
https://www.nabp.net/news/web-search...ine-pharmacies
Web Search Engine to Warn About Fake Online Pharmacies

September 8, 2015 4:35 PM Topics: Counterfeit Drugs and Buying Medicine Online
To help consumers avoid potentially unsafe online drug outlets, Bing will provide a new warning message on certain search results in Bing.com. “This warning will appear if a Bing user clicks on a pharmaceutical site that has been cited by the FDA as a fake online pharmacy engaged in illegal activity, such as offering dangerous, unapproved and misbranded prescription drugs to US consumers,” indicates Bing in a blog post. [and more]

"Since 2008, NABP has been collecting data on websites selling medicine illegally online to US patients. NABP has reviewed over 11,000 Internet drug outlets, finding that 96.13% of the sites reviewed operate out of compliance with US pharmacy laws and practice standards, and identifying these sites as “Not Recommended.” The Association launched the .Pharmacy Top-Level Domain (TLD) Program to provide consumers around the world a means to identify safe and legal online pharmacies and related resources."

Here is the site they created. Home - .Pharmacy

The program’s financial supporters include the following organizations:

Eli Lilly and Company
Merck & Co, Inc
Pfizer Inc

[so now I feel like I am back to square 1]

Last edited by tomwed; 01-27-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
To all of you who are using or plan to use these synthetic, dirty, fake drugs ordered at these store fronts.....in our area. The 60 minute report was an eye opener as to the conditions of manufacturer and the evasive answers given by the store in Belleview.
Go to this site where you may get some information not seen before.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...meds&FORM=VDRE
If drugs are manufactured in Mexico or India or China and shipped directly from there to the consumer in the USA, why are they called Canadian Drugs?
Old 01-30-2016, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
If drugs are manufactured in Mexico or India or China and shipped directly from there to the consumer in the USA, why are they called Canadian Drugs?
Makes it sound more legit?
Old 01-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Gold member

I have been using a pharmacy in India for several years after doing LOTS of research on the drug manufacturers they use and the quality control.

We are able to get medications from them that cost MUCH less than the US prices. The meds we buy are the ones that are limited by our insurance or not covered at all.

I will not name the meds we buy, but one costs over $100.00 here and I pay $11.00 when I purchase it from India. Another is 80 cents a tablet from India. Our insurance limits the number of tablets we can purchase per month and the price is about $4.00 a tablet here.

I have been using AllDayChemist dot com for over 5 yrs. In the beginning, the wait to receive meds was 6+ weeks. I just ordered meds Jan 11th and the 1st of 2 boxes arrived yesterday. This year the shipping was free as an after Christmas special. Even when I do pay shipping it is still much cheaper than purchasing the meds here. I think they have become much popular and can use faster shipping and processing now than when I first started using them.

We have 4 different meds we always buy from them and never a problem. They are a legitimate seller and they use drugs from legitimate manufacturers.

I am a RN and would not purchase from them until after I vetted them.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:26 AM
Default Canada pharmacy

I have used Canada Pharmacy Online and never had a problem. It takes a few weeks to receive so allow extra time.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Quote:
Makes it sound more legit?
Closed Thread

Tags
canadian, pharmacies, prescription, drugs, canada, reputable, and/or

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.