As the governor loosens the reigns...

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2020, 12:05 PM
Veteran member
Default As the governor loosens the reigns...

As the governor begins to loosen the reigns, I believe a large number of people will have a false sense of security and safety. Make no mistake, the number of cases right here in The Villages and throughout Florida is continuing to rise daily. So, before you get back to your life as you knew it before COVID-19, I beg you to consider the healthcare workers. Have you thought about which hospital you would go to if you would require hospitalization? Have you considered the first responders, nurses and other healthcare providers and their families? Perhaps another few weeks of self-isolation and selflessness might be the best idea. I know that all of us want to go back to life as we knew it. You may be longing to go back to the squares, but none of us want to go back to square one. So I beseech you, consider your fellow man.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,942 Times in 2,461 Posts

Most of us Probably think we will ever get back to life we knew before. IMO first of MAY time to start opening up outdoor activities with restrictions. Squares probably need to stay closed for month or two more along with indoor crowd functions.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaNi4os View Post
As the governor begins to loosen the reigns, I believe a large number of people will have a false sense of security and safety. Make no mistake, the number of cases right here in The Villages and throughout Florida is continuing to rise daily. So, before you get back to your life as you knew it before COVID-19, I beg you to consider the healthcare workers. Have you thought about which hospital you would go to if you would require hospitalization? Have you considered the first responders, nurses and other healthcare providers and their families? Perhaps another few weeks of self-isolation and selflessness might be the best idea. I know that all of us want to go back to life as we knew it. You may be longing to go back to the squares, but none of us want to go back to square one. So I beseech you, consider your fellow man.
Absolutely! No Question! Just as soon as he considers me.

The opening schedule is gradual and well thought out. Two weeks of little to no cases, then Phase 1 for two weeks which is social distancing and no gatherings of more than ten. Phase 2 is also two weeks and opens a few more things but keeps the same distancing. Phase 3 is pretty much opens everything I believe. Any significant increases in cases brings you back to current regulations. No one is forced to go out and these phases encompass approximately six weeks which is June.
Old 04-18-2020, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I don't trust any of the government numbers from either side of the isle
Old 04-18-2020, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Absolutely! No Question! Just as soon as he considers me.

The opening schedule is gradual and well thought out. Two weeks of little to no cases, then Phase 1 for two weeks which is social distancing and no gatherings of more than ten. Phase 2 is also two weeks and opens a few more things but keeps the same distancing. Phase 3 is pretty much opens everything I believe. Any significant increases in cases brings you back to current regulations. No one is forced to go out and these phases encompass approximately six weeks which is June.
Actually the two week gating with continued down slope of cases then phase one which stays in effect for a minimum of 14 days, then back to the two weeks of gating and movement to phase 2 for a minimum of 14 days then back to two weeks of gating and movement to phase 3. If everything goes to plan you are looking at a minimum of 10 weeks to start phase 3. If the gating phase shows a backward trend you don't go to the next phase and if significant could put you back to the beginning.
That is the guidance, what Gov Desantis does to implement hasn't been announced but past history tells me he will most likely follow the guidance. Will he implement State wide or County by County? It seems the Mayors and County Supervisors have been making prudent decisions and I suspect they will continue to do so.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-18-2020, 07:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Actually the two week gating with continued down slope of cases then phase one which stays in effect for a minimum of 14 days, then back to the two weeks of gating and movement to phase 2 for a minimum of 14 days then back to two weeks of gating and movement to phase 3. If everything goes to plan you are looking at a minimum of 10 weeks to start phase 3. If the gating phase shows a backward trend you don't go to the next phase and if significant could put you back to the beginning.
That is the guidance, what Gov Desantis does to implement hasn't been announced but past history tells me he will most likely follow the guidance. Will he implement State wide or County by County? It seems the Mayors and County Supervisors have been making prudent decisions and I suspect they will continue to do so.
Two weeks to get to phase 1 is 2 weeks
Two weeks in phase 1 Is 2 weeks
Two weeks in phase 2. Is 2 weeks
Phase 3 Is life goes on
I still get 6 weeks

I did say that if cases or deaths go up, you’re back to square one.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:31 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I don't trust the numbers from China.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-18-2020, 08:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
What a fantastic message Donna! I truly mean it.

On another message I posed a moral question about the freedom/versus health question. I TOTALLY forgot (and am embarrassed and sorry) I neglected to consider the front-line hospital workers in my thoughts. YIKES! SO SORRY!

You're ABSOLUTELY correct to consider their health and well-being! I'll try to edit. Nevertheless, GREAT point about needlessly endangering health workers!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 04-19-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I don't trust any government at all.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:12 AM
Default Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
I don't trust any government at all.
What information do you trust?
Old 04-19-2020, 06:43 AM
Send a message via AIM to USA2170

Quote:
Well said, you are right on target. Unfortunately their are many Villages who will dispute what a shame for outhers.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
What information do you trust?
I trust the numbers—the statistics. I also trust that we will not be completely safe until there is a vaccine. If we lower our guard, go to the beach, congregate in large numbers, dance at the squares, etc., there will be another surge in positive cases and many more deaths.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:23 AM

amen!
Old 04-19-2020, 07:30 AM

What a perfect way to reduce the government cost with social security and Medicare, kill off a lot of us older folks. Yep get together in large groups and spread it around. Its call herd immunity. Don't buy into it.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

As the old saying goes it isn't over till The fat lady sings..Personally I don't even hear her warming up ...Hold on

Tags
back, knew, life, healthcare, reigns

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.