Help with hearing aids

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2018, 05:44 PM
Default Help with hearing aids

Have Zounds aids. They have closed and left area. Went to Mid Florida Hearing at Lake Deaton today and was told pretty much what I already knew about my hearing. He recommended Seimens Cellion with lots of whistles and horns for $3495. per pair. Does this sound reasonable. Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Be sure to be allowed to try before you buy. And if at all possible deal with someone who sells many of the brands being offered in today's market.

Go see Paige Holt at Lake Ear Nose and Throat. She will try every hearing on the market to get the best possible fit for what one needs.
She is a Phd in Audiology. Her after the sale service and supply is unmatched (as far as I am concerned).

352-753-8448
Old 05-22-2018, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnpd View Post
for $3495. per pair. Does this sound reasonable. Any comments or recommendations.
If you actually really need a lot of extra features that sounds about right price. But not everybody needs all the features available in modern hearing aids.

Villages Health Audiology (you don't have to be a member of Villages Health to use them) will configure the hearing aids that give you just what you need, not everything. You try them without purchasing. My wife went to Dr. Zaka at the Colony Villages Health. She is very competent.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:42 AM
Platinum member

Tried three named brands from doctor's office and ended up trying and buying from Sam's. Hearing test, program hearing aids, wear around the store for 30min and leave. Return if not right for you. Two and a half years now and no problems, and I never fiddle with the knobs to adjust. Nothing to lose. Liberty Brand. Check Google.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:35 PM

I take my mother to Michael Moore at Hear More Medical (HearMoreMedical.com). He is amazing and his prices seem very reasonable. My Mother has top-of-the line Phonak and he is very patient to help with any and all questions. I can't tell you how impressed I am with him. He has 3 locations: The Villages on 466 - 352-571-0150 and locations in Wildwood and Summerfield, too.

Good Luck!
Old 06-03-2018, 06:24 PM

Please go see Kirk Malone at The Villages Ear in Grand Traverse Plaza.
He is AMAZING and will work with you to find the best fit for your hearing loss!!
Old 07-23-2018, 03:38 PM

My wife & I recently saw Dr. Paige Holt AUD at Lake Ear,Nose,&Throat. After reading billethkid’s nice post about Dr. Holt, we totally agree with his opinion. We have been to several different hearing facilities in The Villages, but she is the best. We highly recommend Dr. Paige Holt AUD.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I really like The Village Ear near the Ace Hardware in the Publix Shopping Center on 466.

They are reasonable (comparatively) and very good at fine tuning and service.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:04 PM
Sage

Buying hearing aids is like buying a car. You will get a high price quote then can be negotiated down a lot. There is a very high markup on hearing aids. Don't be impressed with someone offering a free 30 day trial. 30 day trial is the law and they are have to give you that.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:43 PM

Another vote for Paige Holt. She is the best.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Cellions range from 1300 to over 2000 each. Depends on the model, and where you get it from. So assuming you're getting the Cellion Primax 5, your price sounds just about right. Keep in mind though those are over-the-ear hearing aids, so if you usually wear glasses, they might not be comfortable, or even fit.

My hearing aids are Seimen's, but they're very small custom-fitted devices that go into the canals. Those were $2600 each, and can be recalibrated a few more times before I have to get new ones (I have progressive hearing loss).
Old 07-24-2018, 07:17 AM

And another vote for Dr Holt!
Old 07-24-2018, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

About half the price you were quote at Sams Club. May not have to be a member but thats only $50

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
Tried three named brands from doctor's office and ended up trying and buying from Sam's. Hearing test, program hearing aids, wear around the store for 30min and leave. Return if not right for you. Two and a half years now and no problems, and I never fiddle with the knobs to adjust. Nothing to lose. Liberty Brand. Check Google.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My hearing loss was first identified by an audiologist when I was in my forties. It is believed to be congenital because my father had early hearing loss as well. I very much enjoyed the quality of sound from my first hearing aids which were analog. My husband urged me to try the new digital a few years later. The original audiologist was on maternity leave and the fill in audiologist fit me for the digitals that never had the same clarity and cost me three thousand dollars each.

I am a person who is very careful with money, I was very reluctant to try again to buy such expensive failures so I continued to wear the analog until they died, one by one.

My husband tried everything to get me to buy another pair, poor thing, and I was stubborn. A trusted member of this Forum recommended The Villages Ear and they fitted me with hearing aids that have amazing quality and I paid about two thousand for the pair. (Still too much, I THINK for anything so small, but that is what the market is allowing these days)

I think Village Ear is a very good business and is diligent to continue until you can hear as well as you can.

I think it wise for a first diagnosis to see an audiologist.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:08 AM
Sage

John Hayden of Hear USA in the colony plaza is a person I trust. 352.295.8824

2K per ear for the newest Starkey hearing aids. Some things are worth paying the price for.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
hearing, aids, $3495, pair, horns

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.