cataracts

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Default cataracts

Hello, I am looking for info on the quality of Florida Eye Clinic in Orlando/Altamonte.
Please give a full opinion of what you thought of their practice. Also any experience with cataracts treated in Florida would be helpful.

Also there is a eye clinic and plastic surgery center in Sarasota called Center for Sight.
Its headed by a socialite Doctor well known to society locals. When I inquired about the fee for a standard dilated exam for cataracts ,they quoted over 1000 dollars. That is FULLY
5 times the normal cash fee for such an exam. Has anyone dealt with that group in Sarasota
and what was your impression of the place.?? Any info on cataract specific forums that are Active would also be appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 PM

Dr Gill in Tarpon Springs now he will be in the villages the Best in the country.....St Lukes...
Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Sage

Why go so far away for catarac surgery? There are several recommend in or near the TV's. I went to EYES in TV's run by Dr. Zieni. I had both eyes done and the experience was excellent, no pain or problems and I can see without glasses better than when I had them. 352-751-0060
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM

I actually dont live in the Villages. What exactly are they and where are they???
And can you tell me more specifically about you surgery and who did it. I can go anywhere in the USA if needed...I want the best and the most careful also.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Why go so far away for catarac surgery? There are several recommend in or near the TV's. I went to EYES in TV's run by Dr. Zieni. I had both eyes done and the experience was excellent, no pain or problems and I can see without glasses better than when I had them. 352-751-0060
My husband also went to Dr. Zieni. He couldn't be more pleased. The staff is fantastic and the surgery center was wonderful. He had both eyes done about 2 months ago.

We recommend EYES!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2271dan View Post
I actually dont live in the Villages. What exactly are they and where are they???
And can you tell me more specifically about you surgery and who did it. I can go anywhere in the USA if needed...I want the best and the most careful also.
The Villages is the name of a town in North Central Florida between Ocala and Orlando. The surgery was done by Dr Zeini. I had one eye done that had the worst catarac then the other eye done about 3 months later. I decieded to have the other eye done as it was just starting to get a catarac and was told it will only get worse and the longer I waited the less safe the operation would be as the lense gets harder and harder and more dificult to remove. The actual surgery only took 8 minutes and totaly painless. They remove the catarac which is your lens and replace it with a custom lens made for you based on measurements they make. I can read and see distance without glasses. I hope this helps.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:16 PM

My husband needs cataract surgery and we're wondering if your insurance covered your custom lens. He had a very high quote today from an eye dr. if he wants to be able to see well at a distance and close up. We were not happy with this dr's. manner.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Sage

I have medicare and it would not cover the cost of custom lenses.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam

One professional stated his office will no longer take medicare patients because medicare continues to cut the rate for this surgery and he loses money on every surgery
Old 11-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
One professional stated his office will no longer take medicare patients because medicare continues to cut the rate for this surgery and he loses money on every surgery
Unfortunately we are going to see a lot of this with all doctors with our new, and unwanted healthcare system.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.