Cbd

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2023, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Why not just buy from somewhere local? You can get CBD products at Publix, CVS, and pretty much everywhere else. I think even Walmart has a section next to the pharmacy.

CBD isn't a pharmaceutical product, it's an OTC product. The idea that a pharmacist developed an OTC product is pretty meaningless. It sounds like marketing hype.

I've used Medterra CBD lotion on my bursitis with some amount of relief, but I've found that Bigelol horse linament works much more efficiently and is much less expensive.
CBD alone is not going to do much at all. It needs to have some THC to get the effects you need.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Why not just buy from somewhere local? You can get CBD products at Publix, CVS, and pretty much everywhere else. I think even Walmart has a section next to the pharmacy.

CBD isn't a pharmaceutical product, it's an OTC product. The idea that a pharmacist developed an OTC product is pretty meaningless. It sounds like marketing hype.

I've used Medterra CBD lotion on my bursitis with some amount of relief, but I've found that Bigelol horse linament works much more efficiently and is much less expensive.
I approve of this post
Old 09-09-2023, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Ah! Horse oils.
Brings back memories of my rugby playing days. The smell in our changing rooms reeked of the stuff.
Overpowered all other smells, and that was no mean feat I can assure you!
Old 09-09-2023, 01:08 PM

Careful. Lots of snake oil sales people out there
Old 09-09-2023, 02:24 PM

CBD is highly effective against arthritis. It takes time to work, months not days.
There is good stuff, and garbage stuff. Must be full spectrum CBD, with about 0.3% THC, with all terpenes and other cannabinoids. Cheap refinement strips those, and degrades the product. That low level of THC is legal.
It needs to be lab tested with results posted online.
Avoid vendors making outrageous claims.

Here are two long standing manufacturers that are widely recognized as having the best products: NuLeaf and Lazarus Naturals. Multi year track record of quality. Compare all others against these two. Go to their web sites and educate yourself. They post a lot of information to help people learn how to identify snake oil and not buy it.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:33 PM

Also, CBD taken as a liquid drop on or under the tongue is the preferred delivery. Nearly 100% is delivered to the person.
Gummy, solids, etc, that deliver it into the stomach are convenient, but estimates are that only 25% of the CBD is delivered out of the digestive tract.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Ah! Horse oils.
Brings back memories of my rugby playing days. The smell in our changing rooms reeked of the stuff.
Overpowered all other smells, and that was no mean feat I can assure you!
Horse liniment works GREAT on bursitis. Bigeloil doesn't smell /too/ pungent but yes it's a bit like Ben Gay. Ingredients: Menthol, alcohol, food coloring, fragrance (no idea why they bother), juniper oil, methyl salicylate (aspirin), salicylic acid (aspirin), thymol (from oregano) and purified water.

It's quick, effective, cools the skin, reduces inflammation, and I think I paid $10 for a quart of the stuff on Amazon last year. Splash some on the corner of a dry washcloth and rub it into the skin.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Also, CBD taken as a liquid drop on or under the tongue is the preferred delivery. Nearly 100% is delivered to the person.
Gummy, solids, etc, that deliver it into the stomach are convenient, but estimates are that only 25% of the CBD is delivered out of the digestive tract.
That's not going to work very well for someone with pain in their knee. They need a topical analgesic such as an ointment, balm, lotion, liniment.
Old 09-09-2023, 04:06 PM

Take 5 mg melatonin 30 min. B4 bed for insomia it works.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herscheleen View Post
Take 5 mg melatonin 30 min. B4 bed for insomia it works.
Please note...... recent research shows melatonin has been linked to dementia. I used to take it myself, but now I can't remember why ?????

Last edited by jimjamuser; 09-09-2023 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Please note...... recent research shows melatonin has been linked to dementia.
Not global warming?????
Old 09-09-2023, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
CBD alone is not going to do much at all. It needs to have some THC to get the effects you need.
Not if what you are looking for is the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD without getting high.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
That’s why I put the gummie under my tongue and let it dissolve.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
The wife and I have been using cbd for over a year and I haven't noticed any benefits, and my arthritis is getting worse, especially in my hands. Probably will save our money instead of buying something that doesn't seem to do anything.
I thought the same thing, so I stopped taking it. After I stopped, the osteoarthritis symptoms were noticeably worse and that’s when I became a believer. Unfortunately, death is the only thing that’s going to keep the osteoarthritis from getting worse over time.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I thought the same thing, so I stopped taking it. After I stopped, the osteoarthritis symptoms were noticeably worse and that’s when I became a believer. Unfortunately, death is the only thing that’s going to keep the osteoarthritis from getting worse over time.
Hang in there, medical scientific knowledge is doubling at a rate of about every 8 months now. If we live long enough we may be made invulnerable. Just in time to all die in WW3.
Closed Thread

Tags
cbd, products, company, called, pharmacanna

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.