Cbd

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2023, 05:34 PM
Default Cbd

My wife has taken CBD oil for her knee. May have worked. What's your thoughts?
Got a flyer last week in the mail from a company called Pharmacanna with 50% off all CBD products.
Do these products work? Should I order from this company. Says it's run by Pharmacists.
Old 09-07-2023, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Seems to work for some and not for others. I take a 25 MG gummie daily (half when I get up and the other half mid afternoon) and think it helps the arthritic joints. I used to pop a lot of ibuprofen or Aleve, but was concerned about the side effects and decided to give CBD a try. Now I rarely take an over the counter non steroidal anti inflammatory. I use the company Green Roads because all their products are tested for accurate ingredients by a reputable independent lab and they have excellent reviews. I have friends that swear by CBD and others that don’t think it helps. Green Roads periodically sends me offers for buy one get one free with free shipping and that’s when I stock up. I never pay full price and for a little more than $1/day I think it’s well worth it. Hope that helps.
Old 09-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

No scripts or over the counter. No issues with swimming, biking, but after running 3 miles my hip wines a little
Old 09-07-2023, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
My wife has taken CBD oil for her knee. May have worked. What's your thoughts?
Got a flyer last week in the mail from a company called Pharmacanna with 50% off all CBD products.
Do these products work? Should I order from this company. Says it's run by Pharmacists.
Why not just buy from somewhere local? You can get CBD products at Publix, CVS, and pretty much everywhere else. I think even Walmart has a section next to the pharmacy.

CBD isn't a pharmaceutical product, it's an OTC product. The idea that a pharmacist developed an OTC product is pretty meaningless. It sounds like marketing hype.

I've used Medterra CBD lotion on my bursitis with some amount of relief, but I've found that Bigelol horse linament works much more efficiently and is much less expensive.
Old 09-08-2023, 05:34 AM

Biofreeze worked better for me.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

The wife and I have been using cbd for over a year and I haven't noticed any benefits, and my arthritis is getting worse, especially in my hands. Probably will save our money instead of buying something that doesn't seem to do anything. I'm beginning to believe that cbd benefits are hype more than fact. Kinda like the claims for hair regrowth medications that claim it can grow hair on a cue ball.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

If I get numb naturally I feel better.
Old 09-08-2023, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

How much of it is mental? I've seen studies that indicate that 30% to 60% of people are "helped" by placebos.

"Placebos won't lower your cholesterol or shrink a tumor. Instead, placebos work on symptoms modulated by the brain, like the perception of pain. "Placebos may make you feel better, but they will not cure you," says Kaptchuk. "They have been shown to be most effective for conditions like pain management, stress-related insomnia, and cancer treatment side effects like fatigue and nausea." ("The Power of the Placebo Effect", Harvard Health online, Dec. 13, 2021)

In other words, if you believe strongly enough that it (whatever "it" happens to be) helps, it will.
Old 09-09-2023, 04:51 AM
Veteran member

I was encouraged by my doctor to try CBD to help with my insomnia. Not only didn't it work for me, but I hated the after taste of the gummies. If we are going down this route why not pot, it's more enjoyable and it's most likely less damaging than alcohol. I'm not sure it will help with your wife's knee, but she will probably always have a smile on her face.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:40 AM

Go to the people at Banner Harvest on RT 301 in Wildwood. Talk to them about any questions you might have.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:23 AM
Sage

A few years ago I did some searches re: CBD online to find what ones work etc. I came up with CBDmd and have been buying it since. I use it for fibromyalgia and it seems to work for that. I have the gummies, I take one at bedtime, as well as a tincture. I have osteoarthritis plus rheumatoid disease (both very different from each other) and haven't seen a lot of difference. Oh---for it working---it will "layer" which means you need to be using it on a regular basis and then you may feel it's benefit with time. It won't be immediate!! I just read somewhere there's a place that's open now that also sells the CBDmd here in The Villages. It's on the south end so I haven't gone to check it out. I'll continue with mail-order. Sometimes they run specials ($$$$ off ) and I'm not sure about the store doing that.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:02 AM

Try MSM powder (all natural sulphur) and/or Concentrace minerals for aches and pains. Works great for lots of people. Also turmeric/curcurmin. CBD did nothing for me, but some love it.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:06 AM

Are you taking right amount? Might increase. Is your label saying helps cuz?
I use ELEMIS brought first on a cruise ship in the spa. One for musclease Active Body Oil. Use each evening before bed help me sleep more peaceful. Use on hands help my arthritis . Might look into body oil many out there.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

My wife and I tried the tablet form to alleviate joint pain. It did nothing for ether of us.
My wife's friend, who recommended us to try it, uses the stuff regularly, and gets great relief from joint pain.
If you never try, you will never know.
Just make sure you buy from a reputable source. The good stuff is not cheap. The crap is usually heavily discounted.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:16 AM

Have you gone to doctor to find root cause of the pain? Something torn, cyst, need knee replacement? Pain is signal for something shouldn’t mast it without knowing cause.
Closed Thread

Tags
cbd, products, company, called, pharmacanna

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.