Chiropractor

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2018, 02:41 PM

I have gone to chiropractors for years in the Orlando area, never paid more than $80 for a visit, NEVER in advance, and often that was for a "family" visit for two or more members of the family at a time. And they saw us when we wanted to go. Haven't found a chiropractor I like here yet.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I agree to be very cautious.

But if you would ever have had back/spine issues that were treated successfully without drugs and at reasonable cost by a good chiropractor, you would know that sometimes chiropractic can be a very positive experience.

In my opinion there is no such animal as a good chiropractor. I trust modern medicine and science, not charlatans.
Inside View of a Chiropractic Office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2018, 06:21 AM

There are charlatans, and there are legitimate chiropractors; just like "real" doctors. Mine had medical degrees, and was also certified in nutrition and sports medicine, did not use bogus machines, or push pills. Did not hold "contests", did not advertise aggressively. A lot of his patients were by referral by others who were happy with him. I was referred by friends. One person's experience is not "proof" that all chiropractors are frauds.
In MY experience so far, medical doctors seldom actually solve a problem; they just treat symptoms with pills and hope your body heals itself. If that doesn't work, they replace a part! Or they "monitor" something until it gets bad enough where they have to try to treat it. They seldom seem to do anything proactive about a cause, which is why many people turn to alternative medicine. I've been told by my doctors, that when my joint pain REALLY starts to bother me, THEN they'll try to do something about it?
Old 04-19-2018, 10:35 AM
YoderChiropractic

Hello,

Here are Yoder Chiropractic we never ask for prepay
of Chiropractic services. Also, Dr Yoder does require a contract be signed for further treatments.

She offers a variety of services. The phone number is 352-751-5083.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:17 PM

I went to Dr. Etheredge for 13 years. He was wonderful! They are very helpful in the office and usually run on time. Over the years he kept my very bad back comfortable. Sometimes I went for six months without a treatment, then had to go three times in a week to get straightened out. He always got me upright and fixed. I had many decompressions, which worked wonderfully on Sciatica. Finally after all those years he wasn't able to fix my problems because I was Bone on Bone in the problem areas. He sent me to Pain management where I was lucky enough to get another great Doctor, Dr. DeLuca. He fixed my problem with two sets of shots. I've been pain free for five months now. Both doctors are very professional and accept insurance. I highly recommend them!
Old 04-21-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoderChiropractic View Post
Hello,

Here are Yoder Chiropractic we never ask for prepay
of Chiropractic services. Also, Dr Yoder does require a contract be signed for further treatments.

She offers a variety of services. The phone number is 352-751-5083.

A good example of why I haven't found a chiropractor here yet: Doctors and dentists don't require a contract to treat you, why would a chiropractor? I've never needed a contract to go to my chiropractors.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninjamom View Post
A good example of why I haven't found a chiropractor here yet: Doctors and dentists don't require a contract to treat you, why would a chiropractor? I've never needed a contract to go to my chiropractors.
Agree. And my experience is the same.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:04 AM

My husband went to them and after the initial couple hundred dollars just to speak to them and an xray, they wanted to charge over $4000. If they even ACTED like they cared, he may have gone for it but acting like they could care less and not even wanting to discuss what he could do in the interim for relief, he has decided to follow his gut feeling and stay away from them.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
My husband went to them and after the initial couple hundred dollars just to speak to them and an xray, they wanted to charge over $4000. If they even ACTED like they cared, he may have gone for it but acting like they could care less and not even wanting to discuss what he could do in the interim for relief, he has decided to follow his gut feeling and stay away from them.

They don’t care because of the overwhelming amount of gullible people who live here. I just don’t get it. Having lived long enough to see just about every scam out there I figured I wasn’t alone. Guess I’ll wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2018, 11:20 PM

I find it odd that people continue to go to chiros. With all the peddling of nutrition, decompression machines, cannabis creams, anodyne machines, cold laser therapy, and orthotics...do they even put their hands on you and actually practice joint manipulations anymore? Why do you suppose joints "sublux" or "fall out of alignment" in the first place? For most, it's due to muscle weakness or a muscle imbalance? Even if you have degenerative changes to your joints...strengthen. You could skip the ridiculous contracts and the paying of thousands of dollars up front for a sham treatment plan and simply try exercise or physical therapy. Don't just keep treating the symptom, fix the actual problem and move on. To hear someone say that they have been going to a Chiro for years is insane in my opinion.

If your going to be stupid, you had better be tough.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

My husband is a retired chiropractor from NC, Palmer graduate with all honors, we had to leave the state to retire, patients LOVED him that much, and wouldn't let him retire. He NEVER requested multiple visits, he FIXED THEM. He NEVER advertised, it was a referral practice. Medical doctors came to him through out the state. He had the largest single dr. Practice in NC. Can you tell that I'm his biggest fan? He treated patients like family. When he needs an adjustment, he goes to Better Life Chiropractic and wellness, Christopher Bisset 352-430-0064. Whatever you do, DON'T GO TO DR. DAVIS
Old 05-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
Your husband went to whom? The positioning of your post makes it unclear.

Dr. Kuhn in Wildwood, also office in Oxford, got me up and running after a summer of severe pinched nerve pain. Medicare covered 6 weeks of treatments three times a week. He doesn't advertise.

Not flashy. Just good.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:57 AM
YoderChiropractic

Dr. Yoder will be happy to assist you. We do not charge up front for treatments or ask you to sign up for any type of plan.

The charge is $75.00 for first visit. If you ever need to come back, visits after that are $40.00.

Barbara Schneider R.C.A.
Yoder Chiropractic Wellness Center
352-751-5376
Closed Thread

Tags
chiropractor, input, appreciated, greatly, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.