The Club Rehab in The Villages...Help please

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Default The Club Rehab in The Villages...Help please

I am scheduled to have knee replacement surgery in a couple of weeks. I visited The Club, and it is a beautiful facility. However, there have been some mixed reviews and I'm getting nervous. I would very much appreciate any input regarding word of mouth or personal experiences others have had. Thanks in advance
Old 02-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Platinum member

If you stick to the exercises that your surgeon wants you to do, I don't see a problem. You have visited there, so you know it is clean. Quite a bit of rehab is done there, from what I have seen.
Is there something specific that gives you reason to hesitate? I'm not clear.

P.S. I have not had a knee replacement, but my hubby and 3 others in my family have had them, some BOTH knees. I have given my physical assistance, pre/post-op and sometimes during their rehab periods, so I have some small knowledge of their experiences.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrink View Post
I am scheduled to have knee replacement surgery in a couple of weeks. I visited The Club, and it is a beautiful facility. However, there have been some mixed reviews and I'm getting nervous. I would very much appreciate any input regarding word of mouth or personal experiences others have had. Thanks in advance
If you will do a search on "Knee replacement: nursing home rehab" you'll find some current opinions on The Club.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Platinum member

Okay, I read the thread.... NOW I see what you mean.

If it were me, I would opt to be at home if that was a workable option.
I'd prefer the quiet at home and my own food, space, etc.

If home wasn't a realistic option, I'd make my stay in a facility as worth while as possible. If conditions aren't good, discuss it immediately with your Doctor.
He will want you to have quality care and rehab.

Hopefully, the time you will stay will pass quickly and you can then begin to enjoy brand new adventures!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Eternal Member

The key to joint replacement is move it as much as possible. It's gonna hurt...and take the pain drugs. The day after surgery the joint will be inflamed and swollen and will hurt. The more you move it - the quicker the swelling goes down and muscles will strengthen. I would reserve in-patient rehab to those who have a limited support system. Insurance will cover a therapist coming to your home. If you have someone at home who will encourage you to move -- when every bit of you just wants to stay on your tush...well consider home rehab....you will get better faster with no risk of a hospital based infection.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Veteran member
Default Fyi rehab

If you have rehab at the hospital medicare does not apply the dollars to the yearly max
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.